Should I call football training off?

You decide!

I'm in two minds whether to cancel training as it is raining, as it has done for the past 2 hours.

Although I dont really want to becuase our team has a match on sunday and arent at their fittest.
So call it off to save everyone getting soaked or just go anyway in the hope that a few of them turn up.

Im swaying towards the side of just going anyway and forgetting the weather.

14 Comments

dont call it off.... some practice for some is better than none

[COLOR="Red"]You're thinking about calling off football training just because it's raining?

LOL.

I train regardless of the weather but I guess that's why I'm a good player?[/COLOR]

What happens if it rains on sunday?

"Call game off then?"

Original Poster

The JFK;6197210

[COLOR="Red"]You're thinking about calling off football training just … [COLOR="Red"]You're thinking about calling off football training just because it's raining?LOL.I train regardless of the weather but I guess that's why I'm a good player?[/COLOR]

Haha i suppose someone had to big you up, just a pity it was yourself.

Yeah the rains pretty torrential at the moment and I will get the moans and groans from the lads in between them discussing last nights XBox game.

Original Poster

vengod;6197232

What happens if it rains on sunday?"Call game off then?"

No thats a different matter, this is something that can be rearranged when the weather is a bit better, nevertheless I will strive to do the full hour and a half work out with the lads in the pouring down rain!

Man up, this is proper football weather.

I'm off to play a league game now and cannot wait for the slide tackles.

Scouser78;6197274

Man up, this is proper football weather.I'm off to play a league game now … Man up, this is proper football weather.I'm off to play a league game now and cannot wait for the slide tackles.

Fifa09 doesn't count. PES however does

Only call it off if the field is waterlogged, even if it is, just do a run, get their fitness back up.

Well how about some fitness training in a gym? Get the yellow pages out and look for a local independent gym. Then phone them up and say we have 15 lads wanting to use the gym tonight for an hour how much for cash. Keeps you out the rain and gets some fitness training done.

Scouser78;6197274

Man up, this is proper football weather.I'm off to play a league game now … Man up, this is proper football weather.I'm off to play a league game now and cannot wait for the slide tackles.

[COLOR="Red"]
:thumbsup:

I'm glad it's been raining quite a bit recently. Hopefully come Saturday the pitches won't be rock hard.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

Yeah we did training for a full hour in the pouring down rain. Actually made them train mor somehow and they seemed to enjoy it.

Although my car now smells sweaty it was worth it. Bring on sunday, first game of the new season!

stevey_p7;6201487

Yeah we did training for a full hour in the pouring down rain. Actually … Yeah we did training for a full hour in the pouring down rain. Actually made them train mor somehow and they seemed to enjoy it. Although my car now smells sweaty it was worth it. Bring on sunday, first game of the new season!

[COLOR="Red"]I've trained for 3 hours in the pouring rain.

You get no medal.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

The JFK;6201548

[COLOR="Red"]I've trained for 3 hours in the pouring rain.You get no … [COLOR="Red"]I've trained for 3 hours in the pouring rain.You get no medal.[/COLOR]

I didnt say i wanted one. Well done on the 3 hour sesh.

stevey_p7;6201587

I didnt say i wanted one. Well done on the 3 hour sesh.

[COLOR="Red"]Thanks, geeza.

It wasn't nice but it had to be done.[/COLOR]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2152
    2. Better watch out for these...913
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763971
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846086

See more discussions