should i cancel sky and replace it with a firestick?

Found 10th Dec 2015
should I do this. its costing to much money or any alternatives?
Community Updates
37 Comments
YES!!
much prefer the pi 2 to the fire stick, only you can decide if its worth cancelling sky. I don't have sky and have access to anything I want through kodi
We swapped Sky for a firestick and its great. We put Kodi on it too and can get pretty much anything from that.
I cant get much to open on Kodi, Phoenix sports will not let me open anything at all, do i need to do anything else
Get a decent android box, will probably last longer and certainly will work more smoothly than stick with Kodi etc

M8S is about £40
Edited by: "Myriad" 10th Dec 2015
If everyone started cancelling Sky the price would soon fall.
developers

If everyone started cancelling Sky the price would soon fall.

on the flip side, if everyone were to steal their content as generally advocated here, then no new content would be made.
Ring sky retentions, tell them you want a better deal or you're going to cancel. I've had 50% discounts for 3 years running. Some people get better, they normally offer 35% to start which I decline. I tell them I won't settle for less than 50%. I always get it.
http://boldomatic.com/content/post/197905-1c1eb9a1018e31c43e05b46ff717ebb39a0b07bdcb7c8d650e094d55722be9a5/You-wouldn-t-steal-a-bag-you-wouldn-t-steal-a-car
RabS1

much prefer the pi 2 to the fire stick, only you can decide if its worth … much prefer the pi 2 to the fire stick, only you can decide if its worth cancelling sky. I don't have sky and have access to anything I want through kodi

Which OS should I use for pi if I want to do this? I got one for free, but don't know what to use it for...
shanperson

Which OS should I use for pi if I want to do this? I got one for free, … Which OS should I use for pi if I want to do this? I got one for free, but don't know what to use it for...

i believe google may help you with this
shanperson

Which OS should I use for pi if I want to do this? I got one for free, … Which OS should I use for pi if I want to do this? I got one for free, but don't know what to use it for...

http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi#Installing_Kodi

OpenElec is solid.
ive used kodi on my laptop for quite some time , is there any install packages I should no about that I should put on the fire stick also im looking for something solid no buffering issues ect
Pauline1009

I cant get much to open on Kodi, Phoenix sports will not let me open … I cant get much to open on Kodi, Phoenix sports will not let me open anything at all, do i need to do anything else

Youtube or google "TheBlackBoxostv"
so I just install the blackbox and basically it should do the rest
is there anywhere I can buy it for cheap enough fully loaded , im a bit lazy haha
i have sky and a stick. i tell everyone its great having a stick its ment to supliment severices not replace them. i would cancel sports and movies though
i have sky and a stick. i tell everyone its great having a stick its ment to supliment severices not replace them. i would cancel sports and movies though
What happens when they shutdown kodi because everyone jumps on board and advertises it so freely in forums like this. Sky, virgin et al aint gonna take it lying down with everyone cancelling.
Kodi is not illegal its the streams that you install that are dodgy.There are 1000s of them new ones every day.They already are taking action forcing ISPs to block streams.
But everyone defaulting to kodi. And advertising it so freely on forums such as this means it will only be so long before sky and such like clamp down heavily on its usage and putting a stop to it.
burkos whatever happens theres always a way around it always has always will be , ccams and satellite tv ect are still working and sky have been trying to stop it for years
An alternative build to Blackbox is Andy's Build. I've just installed this on a Amazon Fire TV Box and have been most impressed with this build so far. Just worth a mention to anyone looking to install their Firestick with Kodi.
shanperson

Openelec is very good and easy to set up
Pauline1009

I cant get much to open on Kodi, Phoenix sports will not let me open … I cant get much to open on Kodi, Phoenix sports will not let me open anything at all, do i need to do anything else

Have you tried updating your addons.
No! there ok but when you really want to watch the footy it takes ages to find a good picture and all the buffering does your head in. if you have a fire stick i would definitely get fiber
Another problem now it's asking for a catcpha which I can't enter but I can't go back or exit I have unplugged and plugged back in but the screen is still there
Cant comment
Hello
Ciarzo

is there anywhere I can buy it for cheap enough fully loaded , im a bit … is there anywhere I can buy it for cheap enough fully loaded , im a bit lazy haha

Just install the beast or blackbox build on kodi. If i remember right u only type in a url . Install it from a zip file and wait til it loads and then u have a really good set of addons.
Best to keep these sort of things underground and off main stream websites.....
Dizy

Best to keep these sort of things underground and off main stream … Best to keep these sort of things underground and off main stream websites.....

Priceless
I have handed my 31 day notice in and been offered 50% off (had 50% off for last two years

I have been off work with a brain tumour for 11 months and they are trying to tie me down to a 12 month contract or add on movies and sports even though I tell them I'm cancelling to save money as the house only has one income. Can't wait till it's cancelled
We have 4 android boxes in the house and it’s a blessing! So easy to use and once you know what you’re doing updating and adding more repositories aren’t an issue.

My family has no problem using them and I have installed different skins so it’s easy for the wife/kids to navigate around.

I personally wouldn’t go for a Firestick, get yourself a…

Quad Core Android 4.4 Box
Do make sure it has 2GB DDR…I still have one running 1GB and oh dear you can see such a difference.
Or even find a suitable USB stick that the box will detect and DL the TV/Film show to the stick.

I’ve looked at many forums and thought WTF is this person going on about. Yes go can go all out gucci, or just keep it simple and enjoy the service.
bluesy

I have handed my 31 day notice in and been offered 50% off (had 50% off … I have handed my 31 day notice in and been offered 50% off (had 50% off for last two yearsI have been off work with a brain tumour for 11 months and they are trying to tie me down to a 12 month contract or add on movies and sports even though I tell them I'm cancelling to save money as the house only has one income. Can't wait till it's cancelled

Sorry to hear your ill. I hope you're health improves
bluesy11th Dec 2015

I have handed my 31 day notice in and been offered 50% off (had 50% off …I have handed my 31 day notice in and been offered 50% off (had 50% off for last two yearsI have been off work with a brain tumour for 11 months and they are trying to tie me down to a 12 month contract or add on movies and sports even though I tell them I'm cancelling to save money as the house only has one income. Can't wait till it's cancelled

I'm so sorry to hear about your health please take one piece of advice from me if you can. Look for alternative treatments for the tumor and apply them in your life please may God almighty bring you back your good health
Edited by: "judgezub15" 24th Aug 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants