Should I cancel the TV I ordered. Could I have got a better deal?

Posted 5th May
samsung.com/uk/…XU/

I ordered this 65" TV with 20 percent off excluding the £20 shipping.

A total of £499. If cashback comes through then around £474

Hoping the quality is going to be decent. its on the cheaper end of their TVs. I mean could have spent a little more but it seemed OK from the reviews?

The last TV we bought is around 6 to 7 years old and not 4k so hoping this will make a difference but doesn't having a bigger TV reduce the quality?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Probably... next week it'll be cheaper or they'll be a better one tv.
.but that will be the same the week after and the week after, if you keep waiting you'll never get one , if you got 20% off then I guess you've not done bad. If you get it and it's crap send it back. I paid 900 quid for a 42" plasma may years ago 🙈
Edited by: "DaveG46" 5th May
8 Comments
Probably... next week it'll be cheaper or they'll be a better one tv.
.but that will be the same the week after and the week after, if you keep waiting you'll never get one , if you got 20% off then I guess you've not done bad. If you get it and it's crap send it back. I paid 900 quid for a 42" plasma may years ago 🙈
Edited by: "DaveG46" 5th May
IMHO If you buy a 65" 4K TV for £499 I am unsure about the picture quality. I just blew £1100 on a Sony XG9505 65" 4K TV (because a new model was coming out with same specs for much more money) and it upscales SD TV just about perfectly. Not sure you will reap the full benefits of 4K pitching in at £499 unless its a heavily reduced previously higher priced TV. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for but perhaps I am wrong.
Edited by: "TheBiker" 5th May
Aye you'll notice a big difference don't worry. You'll be happy trust me. Of course you can buy TVs that cost thousands but they ain't perfect either.
I came across YouTube videos of Gemini man with Dolby Atmos, the vid is around 10 mins long. Check them out lol
The HUKD buyers regret eh? Tough times, I’ve held off buying a 4K TV for ages now. I was tempted recently but held myself together. My TV works perfectly fine, and still looks great in 1080p. I’m going to keep holding strong until the TV breathes its last breath
JohnnyRoller05/05/2020 09:26

The HUKD buyers regret eh? Tough times, I’ve held off buying a 4K TV for a …The HUKD buyers regret eh? Tough times, I’ve held off buying a 4K TV for ages now. I was tempted recently but held myself together. My TV works perfectly fine, and still looks great in 1080p. I’m going to keep holding strong until the TV breathes its last breath

I was doing that but the new Xbox is coming out later in the year. Forced me to do it.......
I'm sure you'll be happy with your TV, it will be a big improvement on your old one.£499 for a good brand 65" TV , what's not to like.
Prior to buying my current OLED, I paid £1,799 for a 65" LG non-OLED (it was a curved 3D job, but still just LED).

You shouldn't be worrying at all about spending £499 on a 65" from a decent brand.
I bought a 65" Hisense 2 years ago for £600 and its great, I'll never buy premium again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions