Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Should I contest a PCN further

Posted 12th Jan
My parking permit expired on 26/12/2019 and I didn't realized, I thought council will send renewal letter.

Received parking ticket on 03/01/2020, as soon as I figured out, I applied for another permit and contested PCN as honest mistake as I didn't knew it was expired.

Council replied with blanket statement that what I was doing was wrong and honest mistake doesn't changes anything.

Should I contest it further, would it be worth it ? £30 if paid in 14 days..
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Just pay it
You were in wrong
Honest or otherWise
Lesson learnt
To be fair they do normally send a renewal (I have always got one last 10 years) but I don’t think that is their duty as much as it is yours to remember when your permit is due. I would say pay. If they were going to goodwill cancel it they would have when you first contested with an honest mistake appeal.
Honest mistake doesn't really justify it, you should just pay it. Have to put it down to experience and move on. A renewal reminder isn't guaranteed and evidently can't be relied on.
ok going to pay it now, thanks for advise
Simple way of looking at it, by the time you have spent contesting it. So actual time sitting at computer, typing, printing, posting online getting envelope, stamps, actually going to post it waiting for a response. Will it have cost you more than £30

So for example if I say my time is worth £30 a hour and if it took me more than a hour or more of my personal time to do it, it's not worth it.

I apply this to all aspect of things in life generally. Also my work life isn't worth £30 a hour lol
Edited by: "bally12345" 12th Jan
true, paid now
I would’ve said fight it all the way! but I was too late to the party
Haven’t they just revised the parking fine and honest mistakes are now taking into account thought there was a bit about it on money saving expert web site
cwj382012/01/2020 11:55

Haven’t they just revised the parking fine and honest mistakes are now t …Haven’t they just revised the parking fine and honest mistakes are now taking into account thought there was a bit about it on money saving expert web site

MSE don't deal with council tickets, Pepipoo do.
JumpMan198012/01/2020 11:45

I would’ve said fight it all the way! but I was too late …I would’ve said fight it all the way! but I was too late to the party

What's to fight, no permit, pleading ignorance won't wash as it was a council ticket. A private ticket would be different matter.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 12th Jan
OBH6UK12/01/2020 12:05

What's to fight, no permit, pleading ignorance won't wash as it was a …What's to fight, no permit, pleading ignorance won't wash as it was a council ticket. A private ticket would be different matter.

How is the best way to fight a private ticket?
JumpMan198012/01/2020 12:16

How is the best way to fight a private ticket?

Private, have at look on MSE, Motoring, Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking, read the Newbies sticky there.
£30 is nothing compared to some other parking fines.
Westminster did same to me some years ago. Always sending reminders then one year no reminder and I got a parking ticket. I argued it but was advised onus is on me to make sure permit is valid and displayed, not for them to remind me. I'm sure it was a ploy to increase revenue, but best pay and set a reminder in your calendar for next year.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants