Found 23rd Sep 2008
Loads of very helpful folk on here...& I need help please!! I have been given the dubious task of putting together a very basic website. Few piccies, text, that kind of stuff. Nothing dodgy...

The web domain thread earlier was useful - but how easy is it to put together a website.?

Yes I can Google like anyone else - but seriously I am rubbish with computers so I am asking practically, how easy is it.?..and where is the best place to start?. Is there a site for such things people can recommend from experience.?

Any info would be very much appreciated. Cheers

1. Misc
  2. Idiot
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Idiot
14 Comments

Banned

Disco, helps me :thumbsup:

[url]www.w3schools.com[/url] if learning from scratch.

W3Schools has a lot to offer tutorials, try it yourself etc

Office live ! ( smallbusiness.officelive.com/?lc…-gb ) free to use and very easy to work
i didn't know a thing about building a basic website so if i can do it so can you!

Banned

For your basic website its quite easy. I recently bought computeractive as their was an easy starters guide in it advising how to get started on a website. I would highly recommend it, but its quite easy until you want to get started on more complicated stuff.

BTW most domain suppliers include a website starter pack in the package. I use [url]www.1and1.co.uk[/url] and their webbuilder program is easy as pie ;-)

Original Poster

DLM;3032156

Disco, helps me :thumbsup:

Is that a website or invite lol? Just google Disco then??

Cheers Duck & Nat - will look at that..:thumbsup:

Banned

Rockhound;3032191

Is that a website or invite lol? Just google Disco then??Cheers Duck & … Is that a website or invite lol? Just google Disco then??Cheers Duck & Nat - will look at that..:thumbsup:

He's a member of HUKD :thumbsup:

Rockhound;3032191

Is that a website or invite lol? Just google Disco then??Cheers Duck & … Is that a website or invite lol? Just google Disco then??Cheers Duck & Nat - will look at that..:thumbsup:

No worries I used that and a HTML basic book about 10 months ago and now i'm a web and wap developer, so if I can do it you'll have no probs :thumbsup:

Banned

A great site for buttons, animated icons and everything you need to help you build a website is:

]http//ww…om/

iv got dreamweaver and still sitting in the packet lol
good luck i should get off me own backside and have a go

whats the purpose of the site?

Im a webdeveloper for a company in Edinburgh, I could help you out if you need some starting points.

as said w3c is a brilliant resource. I have a few ebooks i could throw your way also if you need. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DLM;3032196

He's a member of HUKD :thumbsup:

:oops: OK DLM

h04x;3032254

whats the purpose of the site?Im a webdeveloper for a company in … whats the purpose of the site?Im a webdeveloper for a company in Edinburgh, I could help you out if you need some starting points. as said w3c is a brilliant resource. I have a few ebooks i could throw your way also if you need. :thumbsup:

You are just across the Forth then mate..:thumbsup:

It is a daft wee site for our annual golf tournament - probably accessed by us, friends, family and other folk for a lugh (at us!!) Just player profiles - funnies..pics..that kind of stuff. Really basic.

I will have a look at the recommendations above and give it a bash...get frustrated...and probably get someone else to do it lol...:p

Thanks for the offer - may be in touch on that.

yeah go on ... give it a go you know you want to ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What stereo cable is this? (Please click to view image)55
    2. Driving anxiety.2948
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch33
    4. What is gearbest like on warranty?66

See more discussions