Should I get a 3gs or wait for the next iPhone??

As above really,

can cancel my current contract next month, and really want an iPhone, any word to when the next one will be released? Shall I get a 3gs or wait for the next one?

Id be ****** if I paid for a 3gs then the new one came out in a few months time!

14 Comments

Banned

Wait..

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;7994910

Wait..

Lol, thats prob what I'm going to do, ive heard that Apple normally release their new phone around July time, is that right?

Banned

dre1988;7994929

Lol, thats prob what I'm going to do, ive heard that Apple normally … Lol, thats prob what I'm going to do, ive heard that Apple normally release their new phone around July time, is that right?

The announcement is around then. I'd expect to see price drops in April regardless because of the release of the HTC Desire and Legend.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;7994957

The announcement is around then. I'd expect to see price drops in April … The announcement is around then. I'd expect to see price drops in April regardless because of the release of the HTC Desire and Legend.

cheers for your info. repped, well i would have repped you but apparently i have to spread some rep round before giving you some more :O haha

I can renew my contract from the 19th of this month so I am in the same boat as you! Going to wait for the tariffs to improve a bit before I invest

why would you wait for a new one? what they going to add this time? an extra 1megabit camera and some more speed for 300 quid extra?

They keep warming up the same old crap hardware each time, and people buy it, i can't understand why, the phone is garbage.

FilthAndFurry;7994957

The announcement is around then. I'd expect to see price drops in April … The announcement is around then. I'd expect to see price drops in April regardless because of the release of the HTC Desire and Legend.

I wouldn't, Apple don't have a history of dropping prices due to competitors. It's more likely they'll just shuffle the older models down the price chain once the new one hits.

Banned

megalomaniac;7995126

I wouldn't, Apple don't have a history of dropping prices due to … I wouldn't, Apple don't have a history of dropping prices due to competitors. It's more likely they'll just shuffle the older models down the price chain once the new one hits.

I don't think there's been as much competition for the iPhone, but I'd also expect prices to drop because of a new model a few months off.

As for what the new model should offer, hopefully something because the UI is three years old and needs freshening.

Original Poster

cheers for all your answers guys..

jayjayuk1234;7995111

why would you wait for a new one? what they going to add this time? an … why would you wait for a new one? what they going to add this time? an extra 1megabit camera and some more speed for 300 quid extra?They keep warming up the same old crap hardware each time, and people buy it, i can't understand why, the phone is garbage.

LOL. I sort of agree, they could right now produce a very good phone with all the bells and whistles but it seems they wanna drip feed us improvements of the original iphone. way too much for what is still basically a phone.

its probably gonna be called iphone 3GPS with sliding keyboard.....

http://www.unplggd.com/uimages/unplggd/iphone_3g_mockup3.jpg

Banned

saayinla;7997695

its probably gonna be called iphone 3GPS with sliding keyboard.....

LOL

google iphone 2010 or 4G and see how many mocks ups there are.. doubt it will be like an of them though.

Only thing the 4G one is expensive and slightly slimmer.

Original Poster

Adam2050;7997732

Only thing the 4G one is expensive and slightly slimmer.

cheers for all your replies, think ive changed my mind now and im going to plunge for the 3gs, i hope it holds it value well when the iphone 4 comes out! cheers guys, ill now be looking up what apps i want!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
    2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions