Groups

Should I get rid of my Xbox 360 and PS3?

Haven't really played them much. Any good reason to still hold on to them?

I could get around £50 for my xbox and £40 for my ps3.

9 Comments

I think you have undercut yourself there mate. If they are clean and got the original boxes you could sell them for more.

Are you looking for the cash or thinking about trading up?
    Edited by: "treadstone" 26th Sep 2016

If you have a decent game library, keep them - even with the Xbox One's backwards compatibility, there are plenty of Xbox 360 games that you can't play on it. Both systems have an extensive library of games that you'll not be able to find elsewhere.

Original Poster

treadstone

I think you have undercut yourself there mate. If they are clean and got … I think you have undercut yourself there mate. If they are clean and got the original boxes you could sell them for more.Are you looking for the cash or thinking about trading up?

Hi I already have a PS4 and XBONE, was just clearing out my games room and thinking that they are just taking up space.

Original Poster

Illusionary

If you have a decent game library, keep them - even with the Xbox One's … If you have a decent game library, keep them - even with the Xbox One's backwards compatibility, there are plenty of Xbox 360 games that you can't play on it. Both systems have an extensive library of games that you'll not be able to find elsewhere.

Thanks, I got rid of all of my games on PS3 and kept only the modern warfare series. So no real library of games, I don't have any digital games. My primary console at the moment seems to be my PS4 which I am still thoroughly enjoying playing.

In terms of my xbox 360, I haven't really played it much, and only have 2-3 games on there which are digital. Alan wake and gears of war. Decisions, Decisions.

thecoolguy

Thanks, I got rid of all of my games on PS3 and kept only the modern … Thanks, I got rid of all of my games on PS3 and kept only the modern warfare series. So no real library of games, I don't have any digital games. My primary console at the moment seems to be my PS4 which I am still thoroughly enjoying playing.In terms of my xbox 360, I haven't really played it much, and only have 2-3 games on there which are digital. Alan wake and gears of war. Decisions, Decisions.

Ah, okay - I've personally found that I've only ever regretted having sold any of my games, so as a rule will always look to keep mine. However, in you case, there seems to be less to tie you to the systems, so selling may be worthwhile if you can get a worthwhile amount for them.

Alan Wake and Gears of War are already backwards-compatible games, if that helps.

Just sell them and put towards something you really want. I've got too many games on the older systems and always keep my consoles.

40 quid is too low for ps3, you should aim for 70-80 easily.

comshoplesce

40 quid is too low for ps3, you should aim for 70-80 easily.

£70-£80 is the top end of the price that GAME, CeX, etc. sell pre-owned PS3s for, with guarantees (albeit unboxed) - and some as low as £55 - so that's likely to be a bit too ambitious. £40-£50 seems about right to me for a private sale of a standalone unboxed console.

depends on how much hdd he has. lowest on game is 12gb for 65....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Phone "Upgrade"36
      2. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?77
      3. I want some backless loafers for men11
      4. I am looking Ryman online discount code33

See more discussions