Should I get the flu jab?

Found 5th Nov 2017
I have avoided getting the flu jab as I tend to adversely react to medication. I get flu pretty much every year so I asked my colleagues last year if they got an adverse reaction from the flu jab and they all said no problem at all.

My previousemployer gave flu jab vouchers so I thought I would try it out and see if it helps, although I was sceptical. I did not have flu last year so it must have worked, or was it coincidental?

Needless to say, I reacted badly to the jab! I felt nauseous and dizzy for the whole day after getting the jab. I felt really ill.

I don’t know if I should get the jab again this year. Do you need one every year or am I protected for more than a year?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
mutley13 m ago

as you probably know, if anything is left up to me, nothing will get done …as you probably know, if anything is left up to me, nothing will get done as i can never make up my mind about anything! i keep going in circles. lol.i will feel very ill if i get the jab but as you say, it may be better to be sick for one day than be sick for months, which i can be with a flu. i just don't want to put myself through it if it doesn't actually do anything as although i did not get flu last year, it is not certain that it was because i got the jab.i understand that people can still get flu even after getting a flu jab.

I do wonder sometimes how you get yourself dressed in the morning

Nobody can tell you definitively whether or not you should have a drug injected into your body. Only you can make that call. Just weigh up the pros and cons of both. You can still get flu after the jab but my understanding is it's not as severe or prolonged.
24 Comments
It's up to you, ultimately.

Would you rather have a day feeling crap from the jab, or a week feeling crap from the flu?
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 5th Nov 2017
Yes, right in your eye.
If your adverse reaction to the jab is feeling a bit rubbish for a day after then surely it's a no brainer to have it done when flu makes you poorly for 3 days+ ?
miikeyblue10 m ago

It's up to you, ultimately.Would you rather have a day feeling crap from …It's up to you, ultimately.Would you rather have a day feeling crap from the jab, or a week feeling crap from the flu?

as you probably know, if anything is left up to me, nothing will get done as i can never make up my mind about anything! i keep going in circles. lol.

i will feel very ill if i get the jab but as you say, it may be better to be sick for one day than be sick for months, which i can be with a flu. i just don't want to put myself through it if it doesn't actually do anything as although i did not get flu last year, it is not certain that it was because i got the jab.

i understand that people can still get flu even after getting a flu jab.
mutley13 m ago

as you probably know, if anything is left up to me, nothing will get done …as you probably know, if anything is left up to me, nothing will get done as i can never make up my mind about anything! i keep going in circles. lol.i will feel very ill if i get the jab but as you say, it may be better to be sick for one day than be sick for months, which i can be with a flu. i just don't want to put myself through it if it doesn't actually do anything as although i did not get flu last year, it is not certain that it was because i got the jab.i understand that people can still get flu even after getting a flu jab.

I do wonder sometimes how you get yourself dressed in the morning

Nobody can tell you definitively whether or not you should have a drug injected into your body. Only you can make that call. Just weigh up the pros and cons of both. You can still get flu after the jab but my understanding is it's not as severe or prolonged.
miikeyblue11 m ago

I do wonder sometimes how you get yourself dressed in the morning I do wonder sometimes how you get yourself dressed in the morning Nobody can tell you definitively whether or not you should have a drug injected into your body. Only you can make that call. Just weigh up the pros and cons of both. You can still get flu after the jab but my understanding is it's not as severe or prolonged.

getting dressed is difficult for me as i can never decide what to wear so often will try several clothes on before i can decide on one, the decision is often forced by my husband screaming because he is fed up waiting or i run out of time and need to get out of the house to get the train. lol.
flu jabs protect from previous strains of flu not the new mutation that could develop this year. still it is a good idea to have one.

also. if you feeling rubbish after a flu jab imagine what happens if you would actually get a proper full on flu
jabs have inactivated viruses and the way you feel is the body immune system reacting to it.

if you arent one of those stupid anti vaxers get it asap.
if you worry you will be unwell take it on friday so you have the weekend to lay it off
Get the jab. 1 day of being unwell vs not getting flu through a year... no brainier to me
mutley12 h, 56 m ago

as you probably know, if anything is left up to me, nothing will get done …as you probably know, if anything is left up to me, nothing will get done as i can never make up my mind about anything! i keep going in circles. lol.

Never a truer sentence spoken in jest
Thanks guys. I will make an appointment to get one done. I know I will just feel really sick afterwards, so not looking forward to it at all but as you say, one day of being sick will be better than seveal weeks of being ill.
chocci13 m ago

Never a truer sentence spoken in jest

I wasnt joking. Lol. I drive myself crazy with indecision and i am forever changing my mind.
32373856-tu2Uo.jpg
mutley124 m ago

Thanks guys. I will make an appointment to get one done. I know I will …Thanks guys. I will make an appointment to get one done. I know I will just feel really sick afterwards, so not looking forward to it at all but as you say, one day of being sick will be better than seveal weeks of being ill.

32373865-0voQE.jpg
Flu jabs are probably just a way of killing the old and ill off.
.MUFC.1 h, 49 m ago

If they ever want a discreet way of doing so, this would be the best way to achieve it. No one would ever work out why people pass away after getting a flu jab.
If you’ve ever actually had the flu (and not just a really bad cold) the question of one day of feeling a bit rubbish or another bout of PROPER flu is a no brainier.

I once heard someone sum up flu with the following...

If you’re lying in bed and you see a flurry of £50 notes falling past your window into your garden and contemplate getting up - you don’t have the flu!
Getting the Flu Jab also helps protect the people you deal with out the house. If you have the jab, you’re less likely to be a carrier and infect other people. Especially those who maybe genuinely can’t get a jab. As for the unwilling, feel free to pass it on.
It works on some but not others. Try it for 2 years.
.MUFC.8 h, 51 m ago

my previous comment hasnt been approved but I hope you will know why....

you clearly have no idea why people should vaccinate, and hence you make such a stupid claim
mutley17 h, 1 m ago

If they ever want a discreet way of doing so, this would be the best way …If they ever want a discreet way of doing so, this would be the best way to achieve it. No one would ever work out why people pass away after getting a flu jab.

there are more discrete ways of killing people, injecting insulin for once, low dose of cyanide added to water over period of weeks. chemtrails, vaccines or gmo's dont kill people
for anyone trying to make such ridiculous claim I suggest looking at life expectancy in last 50-70 years
mattsk3 m ago

my previous comment hasnt been approved but I hope you will know …my previous comment hasnt been approved but I hope you will know why....you clearly have no idea why people should vaccinate, and hence you make such a stupid claim there are more discrete ways of killing people, injecting insulin for once, low dose of cyanide added to water over period of weeks. chemtrails, vaccines or gmo's dont kill peoplefor anyone trying to make such ridiculous claim I suggest looking at life expectancy in last 50-70 years

Lighten up, I clearly wasn't serious.
.MUFC.6 m ago

Lighten up, I clearly wasn't serious.

really? please highlight part of your comment that would clearly (as you state) indicate so.
mattsk1 m ago

really? please highlight part of your comment that would clearly (as you …really? please highlight part of your comment that would clearly (as you state) indicate so.

Sorry, I apologise if you believed my comment to be serious. It wasn't.
.MUFC.11 h, 24 m ago

Sorry, I apologise if you believed my comment to be serious. It wasn't.

I thought you were as I am gullible. Your comment did make me think if it wouldnt suit me as the jab is for old people and i am quite healthy. However, i am prone to catch flu and colds for some reason, probably because i travel a lot and so are always in crowded areas, where people are forever coughing and passing on germs
mattsk11 h, 40 m ago

there are more discrete ways of killing people, injecting insulin for …there are more discrete ways of killing people, injecting insulin for once, low dose of cyanide added to water over period of weeks. chemtrails, vaccines or gmo's dont kill peoplefor anyone trying to make such ridiculous claim I suggest looking at life expectancy in last 50-70 years

Lol. Sound like you know how to kill people discreetly
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants