Groups

Should I go to Minor A&E over something possibly in my toe? - Update - been and back

Ok last Thursday we on our way out and I put my shoes on and felt something sharp pierce my big toe. I took my shoe off and quickly checked it and there was a like a blob of blood and I checked over it quickly to see if anything was still in it.
    I say quickly as I had taxi waiting and they always seem to get huffy anyway for taking your time,and plus we had a train to catch.
    Anyway so it was intially sore and we checked it out on train etc and my partner couldn't see anything. At moment it seems to have healed over,finding it hard to check myself now as pregnant and can't see the underneath of big toe properly. Since last night it's been sore and and now if I run my finger over it,it feels like a small lump.
    Think it might be sore as still got something in it,as it not been sore since the morning intially did it and then been fine till last night.
    Should I bother going to A&E minor about it? Cos worried if something in it still could get infected or whatever,plus it's still sore,should I just wait a few days and see if it's still sore or not?
    Good time to go now as kids at school and just waiting for hot water as I need shower before I go anywhere.Usually get seen here and can be back home within hour,so it's not hassle of going as only 10min or less walk away from my house.

18 Comments

its really up to you i cant stand going to hospital i would just get someone to break the skin and use tweezers to get anything out and stick a plaster on it but thats me for you.

I would say go to A&E but I would also like to say...

HUKD - The internet site that is slowly preventing all normal minded human beings from being able to have their own power of thought, one by one.

Do you have walk in centres where you live,The one near us is staffed by nurses and they will refer you to a doctor if they find anything serious,

Original Poster

greyparrot;5376984

its really up to you i cant stand going to hospital i would just get … its really up to you i cant stand going to hospital i would just get someone to break the skin and use tweezers to get anything out and stick a plaster on it but thats me for you.

That's what my partner saying,he talking of his corn knife and he's always at his feet but I don't fancy him trying and he won't be around till after work.

I'd do what greyparrot says...Put the foot in hot water to draw anything out the skin and then see if anything is in there. Seems to me that the skin is just trying to protect the cut area (hence the lump).

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5376988

Do you have walk in centres where you live,The one near us is staffed by … Do you have walk in centres where you live,The one near us is staffed by nurses and they will refer you to a doctor if they find anything serious,

It's just a minor A&E open 8am - 8pm,if you need anything past what the nurses can do there,you get sent over to a main hospital,if that was the case,I'd need make my way over after school finished.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5377002

That's what my partner saying,he talking of his corn knife and he's … That's what my partner saying,he talking of his corn knife and he's always at his feet but I don't fancy him trying and he won't be around till after work.

yeah alot of people prefer to sort things there selfs lol i just hate the hospital so anyway out of it is good for me lol.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

mhh1981;5377005

I'd do what greyparrot says...Put the foot in hot water to draw anything … I'd do what greyparrot says...Put the foot in hot water to draw anything out the skin and then see if anything is in there. Seems to me that the skin is just trying to protect the cut area (hence the lump).

Yeh I wondering why a lump bit formed,if it's start of an infection hence it's sore now but wasn't over last few days.

what u got to lose. do it or resort to DIY !!

I was going to say go to a walk in centre if you have one, but ...

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5377008

It's just a minor A&E open 8am - 8pm,if you need anything past what the … It's just a minor A&E open 8am - 8pm,if you need anything past what the nurses can do there,you get sent over to a main hospital,if that was the case,I'd need make my way over after school finished.

basically the same thing. I would go and get it checked out, you have nothing to lose but time

Jumpingphil;5377984

It might have been the shoe spider that bit you and then layed her eggs … It might have been the shoe spider that bit you and then layed her eggs inside you.They would be hatching about now so that is what is probably making it sore. :w00t:Can you feel anything wriggling down there?

You're evil!:roll:

My niece got something in her foot... Her mother thought she had removed it all - but a lump formed. Then it became infected, and eventually she had to have an emergency operation on her foot.

There is no harm getting it checked out! My doctors aren't all that good so personally i would go to the hospital - they may x-ray it and be certain that nothing is lodged! Then you can relax and let it heal - or have it dealt with.

Good luck

Original Poster

Ok so I went and got there about 12.30,waited a little while and got seen. They were giving it a clean and just about to put some dressing on it that would help bring out anything inside,and then while cleaning it,she was feeling about a bit more and it felt quite sore and then she went got some scissors and got out a small bit of glass.
    Kind of a splinter of glass about 3mm or so,just aswell I went,she said probably would got infected if left in there,she said likely to be all out and should be fine now.
    Just aswell I went,I do feel a bit silly for going for these little things but I guess thats what the minor A&E is for.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5378703

Ok so I went and got there about 12.30,waited a little while and got … Ok so I went and got there about 12.30,waited a little while and got seen. They were giving it a clean and just about to put some dressing on it that would help bring out anything inside,and then while cleaning it,she was feeling about a bit more and it felt quite sore and then she went got some scissors and got out a small bit of glass.Kind of a splinter of glass about 3mm or so,just aswell I went,she said probably would got infected if left in there,she said likely to be all out and should be fine now.Just aswell I went,I do feel a bit silly for going for these little things but I guess thats what the minor A&E is for.

I had the same thing a few years ago, after my sister smashed a glass on the carpet and was too much of a fat lazy waste of flesh to be bothered sweeping and hoovering the area. Being hardcore, I dug it out myself after a few days, by which time it had gotten itself in pretty deep, by using nail clippers to cut a hole in my skin. It was fun.

dxx;5378768

I had the same thing a few years ago, after my sister smashed a glass on … I had the same thing a few years ago, after my sister smashed a glass on the carpet and was too much of a fat lazy waste of flesh to be bothered sweeping and hoovering the area. Being hardcore, I dug it out myself after a few days, by which time it had gotten itself in pretty deep, by using nail clippers to cut a hole in my skin. It was fun.

yuk

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5378703

Just aswell I went,I do feel a bit silly for going for these little … Just aswell I went,I do feel a bit silly for going for these little things but I guess thats what the minor A&E is for.

I wouldn't feel silly if I were you. These splinters can turn nasty and if it did get badly infected it would have meant more inconvenience for you and more costly for the NHS. I know someone who cut their finger on a staple opening a packet. Wound got infected, infection tracked up their arm and they ended up in hosp with intravenous antibiotics and minor surgery on their finger. Better safe than sorry.

I'm glad you've had it seen too.

SOunds very much like what happened to my niece - if only her mum had got it seen to faster!

I hope you feel much better now XxX

Original Poster

Butterflies;5378974

I'm glad you've had it seen too.SOunds very much like what happened to my … I'm glad you've had it seen too.SOunds very much like what happened to my niece - if only her mum had got it seen to faster!I hope you feel much better now XxX

Yeh glad I went,hopefully it's all out and should heal up in next few days and should be better for weekend.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet11
      2. Laptop 1060 gtx ?11
      3. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?11
      4. Gear best shipping?44

See more discussions