Groups

Should i include dyslexia as a disability on application forms.

as above please.

Im never too sure it will make me look bad. As people might assume i cant write or something.

19 Comments

Nah i wouldnt...

Banned

I wouldnt

Yes you should

Original Poster

choc1969;4395863

Yes you should

Why. I haven't yet but if i get the job and they find out i could get fired i guess.

Thanks for the help guys

REDRANGER86;4395905

Why. I haven't yet but if i get the job and they find out i could get … Why. I haven't yet but if i get the job and they find out i could get fired i guess.

They will take these factors into consideration when going through the application process.

My nephew has dyslexia and it hasn't hindered him by putting it on applications

Put it on, my brother is dyslexic and he always puts it down.

on....

oops soz meant no

depends what kind of job it was for
    if it included reading and writing then yes tell them, then they can use differant stratigies to help you.

no i dont think i would. I wouldnt tell them im blind either pmsl

Original Poster

Right i will add it to this application I can imagine it will hurt. I mean im not getting any where when i dont list it.

Thanks guys.

REDRANGER86;4396028

Right i will add it to this application I can imagine it will hurt. I … Right i will add it to this application I can imagine it will hurt. I mean im not getting any where when i dont list it. Thanks guys.

Good luck :thumbsup:

My uncle is dyslexic, he used to say his mum worked in a warehouse......:oops:
    soz if this offends anyone..... heh.

It is against the law to discriminate against anyone no matter what the disability!

acecatcher3;4395971

on....

acecatcher3;4395975

oops soz meant no

:thumbsup::-D:thumbsup:

Original Poster

mikebike;4396639

It is against the law to discriminate against anyone no matter what the … It is against the law to discriminate against anyone no matter what the disability!

Even if the job was in Admin where you are always writing.

The dyslexia doesnt really affect me too much i mean i managed to get a good degree.

Scottie999;4396250

My uncle is dyslexic, he used to say his mum worked in a … My uncle is dyslexic, he used to say his mum worked in a warehouse......:oops:soz if this offends anyone..... heh.

I dont get it... lol

Am I being blonde again?

My husband is dyslexic he always puts it down on applications. Along with the fact that he doesn't need any extra help to cope with this disability. ( he has me hehe )

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4397744

I dont get it... lol Am I being blonde again?My husband is dyslexic he … I dont get it... lol Am I being blonde again?My husband is dyslexic he always puts it down on applications. Along with the fact that he doesn't need any extra help to cope with this disability. ( he has me hehe )

Well i think i will start from now on. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

yes put it on
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions