Groups

should I install windows vista service pack 1?

hi, just started using Vista and keep getting asked to update with service pack 1? Should I go ahead with this because I remember people complaining about one of the XP service packs

8 Comments

I've installed it & all is ok :thumbsup:

Yup Vista SP1 seems ok , but as you say XP SP3 nooooooooo

I've had no problems with any of my SP installs

SP1 is the saviour of Vista - it fixes many many problems !!

Go for it !!

fugjostle;3206633

SP1 is the saviour of Vista - it fixes many many problems !!Go for it !!

:thumbsup:

You really need to install SP1 because all future Vista fixes will go on top of SP1.

If you dont put SP1 on you will not then be able to install some important security fixes that come out AFTER SP1 and require it to be installed first.

Also ignore scare mongers about service packs like SP3 for XP.

While I dont deny some people have problems after instaling a SP there are many millions who do install it that dont have any problems at all.

I have put SP3 on many PCs and they have always worked fine afterwards.

guilbert53;3207220

You really need to install SP1 because all future Vista fixes will go on … You really need to install SP1 because all future Vista fixes will go on top of SP1.If you dont put SP1 on you will not then be able to install some important security fixes that come out AFTER SP1 and require it to be installed first.Also ignore scare mongers about service packs like SP3 for XP. While I dont deny some people have problems after instaling a SP there are many millions who do install it that dont have any problems at all.I have put SP3 on many PCs and they have always worked fine afterwards.

Lost the links to ALL my progs, they are all there, I just cant access them, all the desktop shortcuts vanished, no progs open from the start menu, :? may be it just doesn't like my pc LoL, first time i've ever had a prob with an update :x

Banned

Only problem I found is with installing some games after XP SP3, no problem with Vista SP1

Hope it helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …210595
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.88
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416614118
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523435

See more discussions