Found 29th Oct 2009
Bought a game off eBay and the instruction book is missing. When I asked the seller about it they said that their listing didn't say the book was included. I would always assume it comes with the manual unless stated otherwise.

The guy then had the cheek to say he could get me the manual but it would cost me!

Do you think this is wothy of neg/neutral feedback?

24 Comments

Yes i would - neg.

You gave him a chance

Maybe if he is asking stamp as extra thats a neutral offence

I think caveat emptor applies here xx

Be careful what you're paying for xx

Depends how much you paid for it .If it was cheap let it go but if you paid quite a bit then neg away,

when you say game we talking board game or computer??

Should have confirmed what was included in the listing before you bought it.

If YOU had a negative experience then let the community know.
What you say in the feedback and how the seller responds is really whats important I think.

Good luck with it all.

Shima

Neg away & rejoice in the fact you have left your mark on the destiny that is eBay feedback

is the instruction book actually needed? I have never read any games manuals I have bought.....and can you download one off the internet???

I think if it is a complete necessity then I would leave neg, but would comment saying they didn't mention it was missing.....If you can get round it (either dont need it or can d/l it) then I wouldnt leave neg....

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6725459

Depends how much you paid for it .If it was cheap let it go but if you … Depends how much you paid for it .If it was cheap let it go but if you paid quite a bit then neg away,

It was quite a good deal actually (Resident evil 5 for £10), that's what's holding me back. I'd prob never read the manual anyway, just the fact that he said i could get for more money that annoyed me!

If it didn't say boxed as new then definately no

If it just said Game then no

IF it said WITH MANUAL then yes. leave neg feedback.

Remember always that one day it may be you selling something, and question would you want negative feedback simply because you put exactly what was for sale in the listing, yet someone left negative feedback saying a manual or whatever wasn't included, even though it wasn't mentioned.

Original Poster

DIVA1977;6725463

when you say game we talking board game or computer??

Xbox 360 game

DVS_Dee;6725464

Should have confirmed what was included in the listing before you bought … Should have confirmed what was included in the listing before you bought it.

Have to agree, you are as much as fault as they are IMO. They didn't explain clearly enough, you didn't enquire enough.

Not worthy of a neg I don't think.

mintcake;6725491

It was quite a good deal actually (Resident evil 5 for £10), that's … It was quite a good deal actually (Resident evil 5 for £10), that's what's holding me back. I'd prob never read the manual anyway, just the fact that he said i could get for more money that annoyed me!

get over it and stop been petty then :?

mintcake;6725529

Xbox 360 game

as said you probably wont need it, but i see your point . Tell seller you happy to paypal him the price of a stamp, but thought for sake of 40p the seller woulda been only too happy to send .

See hoow they react if they (_(_) id leave a neutral

Some along lines games is great but seller didnt enclose manual and demanded more money to send it on

Checked game is working??

Banned

why waste everyones time when u arent acually bothered for the manual
http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/46786/1224774128/Bodysnatch.gif

casparwhite;6725595

why waste everyones time when u arent acually bothered for the manual

good point. if it was me, i wouldnt bother...(time wasted)

Original Poster

Fair enough, neg would be harsh.

Thanks for the comments (well, the consrtructive ones that don't come with daft pictures)

Negative for attitude.

Banned

mintcake;6725748

Fair enough, neg would be harsh. Thanks for the comments (well, the … Fair enough, neg would be harsh. Thanks for the comments (well, the consrtructive ones that don't come with daft pictures)

pah bottled it .. neg away I say and throw caution to the wind :thumbsup:

Banned

mintcake;6725748

Fair enough, neg would be harsh. Thanks for the comments (well, the … Fair enough, neg would be harsh. Thanks for the comments (well, the consrtructive ones that don't come with daft pictures)

you are the chosen one

youtube.com/wat…CDM

Banned

mintcake;6725491

It was quite a good deal actually (Resident evil 5 for £10), that's … It was quite a good deal actually (Resident evil 5 for £10), that's what's holding me back. I'd prob never read the manual anyway, just the fact that he said i could get for more money that annoyed me!

bargain. just say you will neg or just pay £1 for P&P for the manual. u got a great deal

You can download the manual ]here :thumbsup:

Original Poster

tregs;6725881

You can download the manual ]here :thumbsup:

Thanks, repped.

mintcake;6725748

Well done, mintcake, for not rising to the bait, laid by those who were out looking to start an argument just for the heck of it. :thumbsup::)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322806
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414631
    3. Monzo - weighing up how to pass on foreign ATM fees1224
    4. Misco about to go into administration11

See more discussions