Groups

Should I pay for legal cover with my car insurance for £30 - or get Cover somewhere else for £10 or Free.

My insurance company will be calling me back in a hour to complete my payment and final details for my car insurance.

Its a comprehensive policy, but Legal Cover is not included but is an optional extra for £30. I have heard about it being cheaper to get from other places like at TCM Claims Management for £9.99 bestadviceuk.co.uk/leg…tml.

Or it can even be had for free at yourkey.info/acc…ort.

But can these places be trusted and is it better to have the legal policy with your insurance company, or can it be with anyone. Normally i buy the legal cover with the insurance company, but this year i am trying to cut the costs whereever possible.

So i just want to know what everyone else does. Do you take it out with their insurance providers or do you buy it from somewhere else?

14 Comments

if you never plan to crash, don't bother with legal cover, if you do plan to crash, just don't.

Remember that some legal cover offer extra's too like a hire car even if yours is a write off.
    Compare the cover, but in my mind it's invaluable

ctuk;6104992

if you never plan to crash, don't bother with legal cover, if you do plan … if you never plan to crash, don't bother with legal cover, if you do plan to crash, just don't.

You do understand that legal cover is beneficial in areas other than you deciding to have a crash, right?

Banned

pghstochaj;6105168

You do understand that legal cover is beneficial in areas other than you … You do understand that legal cover is beneficial in areas other than you deciding to have a crash, right?

I thought that too.

Didn't work that way for me, when my car got nicked, used in a raid and the guy got caught. The car was written off and I lost my NCB. I asked them to recover my losses from the tea leaf. They declined.

So much for legal protection.

Original Poster

thanks for the replies. I was thinking that it would be easier to get it through the insurance company as they would deal with everything.

I am definately going to have it, but just was not sure which was the best of the options.

Renewed only this morning and i took it out, £35 :-(

whos your insurance company?

Original Poster

sarbjeet_;6105328

whos your insurance company?

i am going through a broker but the insurance campany began with H (cant actually remember as i have an awful memory).

Think i might just buy it with them.

I never got it

Don't pay for legal cover, get it FREE : ]http//ww…ort

I've been using them for the past few years, saved quite a few quid.

BeeKeeper;6105834

Don't pay for legal cover, get it FREE : … Don't pay for legal cover, get it FREE : ]http://www.yourkey.info/accident-supportI've been using them for the past few years, saved quite a few quid.

beat me to it + 1

vinylandtrinkets;6105988

http://www.yourkey.info/accident-supportcould someone please explain this … http://www.yourkey.info/accident-supportcould someone please explain this to me?? do they do the same as the insurance companies? can i have this if i already have legal cover?

Yes, you can still join Yourkey, it's free & covers you for any vehicle.
    They email you a policy number & if you ever have an accident & need them, give them a call, they then recover their fee from third partys, rather than charging you.

vinylandtrinkets;6106118

thanks , what about normal accidents like being knocked over or stuff … thanks , what about normal accidents like being knocked over or stuff like that??im asking cos it sounds to good to be true..lol and my dad would love this policyrep added

"If you or a family member have an accident of any sort - our support is not limited to road accidents - Your Key will bring together the support and services you will need in a simple, but unique, package."
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553803
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1901355
      3. Feels weird!511
      4. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)66

See more discussions