Groups

Should I remove the fabric around the roots of my baby plants?

I've just received my baby fuchsia plants delivered from thompson & morgan, & the roots are wrapped up in a kind of black fabric stuff. Should I remove this before potting them?

I potted a couple but it's really hard to get the fabric off without ripping bits of the root, & then I had a thought that maybe I'm supposed to leave it on & its biodegradable or something.

Instructions don't even mention the stuff, so it must be obvious to everyone else!

5 Comments

plant and DON'T remove the netting,,,then you don't damage the roots or stem and only plant at the same depth, and all will be fine,,,

I read this as .... Should I remove the fabric around the roots of my baby PANTS LOL :?

Dont ask!!!

Original Poster

Thankyou! Have now planted the rest as they are. Just hope I haven't done too much damaged to the first few.

baby PANTS

- Okay that's weird.

---Kate---;4928359

Thankyou! Have now planted the rest as they are. Just hope I haven't … Thankyou! Have now planted the rest as they are. Just hope I haven't done too much damaged to the first few. - Okay that's weird.

I kNOW, that's why i opened the thread up and re-read it lol.

oh dear! I removed it from mine!! I heard removing it allows the roots to grow faster than when its on... Will they die? =O
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553773
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?610
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914468
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22

See more discussions