Expired

Should I scrap my old car or weigh it in for scrap metal

7 replies
Found 8th Oct 2010
Hello all, hope we are all having a good Friday night

I've just bought myself another second hand car and need to get rid of my old m reg peugeot 306. The bloke at the place where I got the new one said I'd make more money buy taking it to a weighing bridge as it's a heavy car. Its just I've not a clue where one is to do that. The r option is I could take it to s scrap yard and I suppose get around £50-£100 for it. What have you all done with your old crs and what would you recommend to do with.
Any advice would be massively appreciated. Cheers

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
7 Comments

Banned

ring around the scrap metal yards you will probably get nearer £130-140 for it. if you can drive it in

Original Poster

Hopefully will be able to take it in. Starter motor is going though but I have got to pick up the new car tomorrow

There was an ad in our local from a tottenham scap yard saying that anything which drives and is newer than an L they'll give £150 for

I contacted We Buy Any Car, but they refused to buy mine Made me laugh. Should be We Might Buy Any Car

Original Poster

Predikuesi1 person likes thisTipsyTat

I contacted We Buy Any Car, but they refused to buy mine Made me … I contacted We Buy Any Car, but they refused to buy mine Made me laugh. Should be We Might Buy Any Car

Made me laugh that has. Cheers

Predikuesi3 people like this

I contacted We Buy Any Car, but they refused to buy mine Made me … I contacted We Buy Any Car, but they refused to buy mine Made me laugh. Should be We Might Buy Any Car

If they offered you £1 for it then fair enough but if they said "no thanks" then I'd be on to AmericanLawyersAreUs - there must be a nice case to be made here under misrepresentation (think of your pain and sorrow caused by the rejection)

Failing that call the Daily Mail

A proper car breaker will issue a " Certificate of Destruction " for the DVLA.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244908
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604806
    3. UNDERTALE PS4 / PS Vita / PC Physical Editions (Exclusive to Fangamer)11
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247623

See more discussions