Should I wait for 5G?

Posted 23rd Sep
I've been keeping an eye on the Xiaomi 9T Pro as a replacement for my Mi6.
There's nothing wrong with the Mi6 (running a custom ROM more recently).
Should I just hang on for the next iteration of an amazing Chinese bargain that has 5G or will the national rollout be in the distant future (5G available very soon where I work, but not at home).
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Does your phone do what you want it to do, at a speed you’re happy with? If yes then you don’t need to change anything until it doesn’t.
Personally no. 4g is truly excellent for one.
secondly mjaority of uk doesn't have 5g coverage and that will take a minimium of 18months for nationwide rollout and accessibility aswell, and even then it will have many glitchy areas. by that time you might want new phone and then all phones will pretty much have it(those over a couple hundred £££)
It depends on how long you want to keep this phone for. If you’re only going to have it for 2 years, then 4g will be fine. If you want to hang onto this phone for 4 or more years, I’d wait for 5g.
Only you can answer that, 4G is perfectly fine for me.
5G drains battery like mad, I won't be using it till it can actually get me through a day on a charge thanks
Well it is definitely and improvement. The speed is way higher, but I doubt that you will see it. Unless you use it as a hotspot for computer or big network. Still if you have the money go for the upgrade, you can use 4G until 5G comes and it's a better phone after all.
I don't think 5G phone will get cheaper soon.
I would get new phone and use 4G for the next 2 - 3 years.
Cheers all.
I'll dodge 5G for now and look at getting something new (or not - because I'm indecisive like that).
Glacier24/09/2019 07:10

Cheers all.I'll dodge 5G for now and look at getting something new (or not …Cheers all.I'll dodge 5G for now and look at getting something new (or not - because I'm indecisive like that).

Xiaomi just announce Mi9 Pro 5G
I guess it will cost £500 - 600
Cisco06060624/09/2019 14:18

Xiaomi just announce Mi9 Pro 5G I guess it will cost £500 - 600

Did I mention what a tightwad I am?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants