Should I wait till black friday before doing a new PC build?

Posted 26th Oct
Not really sure what to do. Hold out and hope for some big bargains?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
You could spend £1000 now, then spend another £1000 on Black Friday. Then, you can have it all.

Edit:
With me, I have been buying for days, a spare secondhand laptop today on eBay for using the new Windows 10 Pro sandbox feature ; though only £10 off with that PYRAMID code but it was cheap in the first place. No doubt, I shall buy again on Black Friday.
Edited by: "splender" 26th Oct
splender26/10/2019 21:56

Spend £1000 now, then spend another £1000 on Black Friday. Then, you can h …Spend £1000 now, then spend another £1000 on Black Friday. Then, you can have it all.

hah my budget is a lot more modest than £1000. Hoping to be able to reuse my PSU.
You can, it's not that far away. But honestly there are rarely any good tech deals on black friday. And a lot of retailers will jack their prices up 10-20% a few days before, so the "discount" only ends up being the normal price.

But it's only a month away, so no harm in waiting I guess.
Edited by: "Netherspark_." 27th Oct
Yes you will find discount on Amazon on same day only.
Just make sure you know exactly what you want up to the day if you wait. Don't get sucked into buying a component that is say 40% off but doesn't give you what you truly want. You'd just end up replacing it in the next 6 months and wishing you didn't buy it.
If you buying pre built, wait.

If you buying components, I don't think the difference is massive
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants