Posted 16th Dec 2022
Hi i'm new to the UK, could someone let me know if laptops typically see a signficant decrease after christmas? How about January-Feburary as well?

Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    There are deals throughout the year, there is no pattern as such. If you see something you like at a great price, just buy it. And if you are from the US (purely a guess since you quoted a $ price), be ready to be surprised with the prices when a hot deal in UK is barely a deal in the US.
  2. Avatar
    In my experience they are myth

get you your gluttony/excess in now

and welcome to the UK and all the "delights" of above
  3. Avatar
    If you're willing to wait until January then yes, there will be decrease in prices.
    Author
    Hey thanks! Do you have any idea of how much prices may drop by? Say for example a $700-800 laptop
  4. Avatar
    They usually have post Xmas sales so should wait.
    Can check historic prices on camelcamelcamel from Amazon though I understand that isn't working as well these days.
  5. Avatar
    All year round:
    New yr
    Easter
    Summer
    Aug BH
    Black Friday
    Xmas
  6. Avatar
    Items are now reduced all year round on and off. January sales/black Friday etc etc is all a con. (edited)
  7. Avatar
    after christmas and new year sales aren't really great in this modern age of online shopping. if i wanted a laptop, i just keep an eye on hukd at least 3 months before i actually need a laptop, and you can pretty much bet there will be something flagged up within 3 months
  8. Avatar
    Next and other clothe shops have a decent sale on boxing day. Even boots gifts. But with electronics.. If you need it anyway then you've got some discount otherwise it's not really a steal.
  9. Avatar
    Boxing Day and New Year used to be much bigger, pre-Internet. In those days there was usually a story on Christmas Day TV news about people camping outside Harrods waiting for the Boxing Day sale. They were usually trying to buy fur coats. How times change!
  10. Avatar
    Christmas/Boxing Day sales will start as soon as the physical brick stores close on Christmas Eve, probably around 6/7pm. (edited)
Top Merchants