Groups

Should jehovahs witnesses be allowed to knock on your door?

Banned
    we get loads banging on our door and its doing my head in! ill believe in what i want.. should they be allowed to even do this? its nuts.

47 Comments

lol they pwn you

i guess so.. its a free country and all..
    but in the same light, you are perfectly in your right to ignore it / slam the door in their face.

Original Poster Banned

No they annoy me!!!

Leave a polite note in your door window?

failing that, put a devil worship sign up

Get one of these
    http://i5.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/ca/bd/433b_2.JPG

Banned

Discrimination if you dont let them, but how do you intend to stop it. (Take off door kNocker )LOL

Best thing answer door and dont be rude Just say, Sorry Im a Blood doner and then close door.

Original Poster Banned

i do... i dont even speak as soon as they start going on im like BYE... But people believe in what they believe in... they shouldnt be allowed to go around trying to change this.

ask them not to.

I believe they keep lists in the halls of people who have asked them not to contact x

Put one of these on your front door..........works wonders

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Dillyzoid/Give_Blood_Logo.jpg

Original Poster Banned

ive even seen them talking to kids... whats up with that??

My doberman doesnt think so.

Banned

bitseylango;6040246

:thumbsup::thumbsup:+100000000000000000000000000000000

DangerGod;6040242

i do... i dont even speak as soon as they start going on im like BYE... … i do... i dont even speak as soon as they start going on im like BYE... But people believe in what they believe in... they shouldnt be allowed to go around trying to change this.

evangelism isn't solely the province of JWs.

Original Poster Banned

Babbabooey;6040240

Get one of these

bitseylango;6040246

Yeh think i might just do that!

I like the 'save a life part' and 'do something amazing today' piece

bitseylango;6040246

i just flash them my blood doner card :lol: their faces are hilarious (when they see the card)

bitseylango;6040246

I'm lolling!! x x

Original Poster Banned

ClarityofMind;6040259

evangelism isn't solely the province of JWs.

well please do enlighten me then COM because thats all they seem to say when they knock at my door

Babbabooey;6040240

Get one of these

Ohhh I need one of those!

It's obvious their 'business' isn't going well when they come knocking for trade :whistling:

answers like: do YOU agree with blood donation or i'm busy sacrificing a virgin usually works ;-)

http://www.risingsunofnihon.com/wp-content/uploads/older/jehovah.witness.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/jesus_shed_his_blood_for_everyone_tshirt-p235422004278610021trlf_400.jpg

bitseylango;6040246

Got to get me one of these :-D

DangerGod;6040268

well please do enlighten me then COM because thats all they seem to say … well please do enlighten me then COM because thats all they seem to say when they knock at my door

Oh undoubtedly they do hon...

same way as the early Christians tried to "bring Christianity to the savages"

and evangelistic branches of the church still encourage preachers to stand in the street, yelling out their beliefs.

bargainhunter2009;6040273

Ohhh I need one of those!

I got it from the 'bay.... works pretty well, but still get the odd salesman who still knock and chance their arm - I just tap the sign and close the door without saying a word :-D

Banned

nikkib123;6040277

No-one should be allowed to knock on my door but they do and the they … No-one should be allowed to knock on my door but they do and the they leave with a flea in their ear!!!!

:w00t:Can I recommend Frontline LOL:whistling::santa:

answer the door naked... they'll prob never chap your door again lol

Original Poster Banned

Babbabooey;6040291

I got it from the 'bay.... works pretty well, but still get the odd … I got it from the 'bay.... works pretty well, but still get the odd salesman who still knock and chance their arm - I just tap the sign and close the door without saying a word :-D

lol i can just picture that in my head

answer the door with a straw stuck in a blood transfusion bag

invite them in for tea and christmas cake

Banned

angelwithdirtyw;6040298

answer the door naked... they'll prob never chap your door again lol

NO cannot believe that of you LOL:whistling:

starsparkle2311;6040307

They knock on the doors where I live all the time. They're not that bad … They knock on the doors where I live all the time. They're not that bad they usually just leave a booklet to read. That tends to get thrown straight in the recycling bin,lol.Tho' there was one day when I was in the bath, my kids answered the door. The JW's invited themselves in and waited until I got out the bath:w00t:, that annoyed me!!!!

oh yeah that'd be an intrusion.

they come to my house too but i cant be rude to people usually the kids are crying or moaning so i use that to get rid of them
    cant blame them 4 doing it though doesnt the bible tell them to spread the word of jehovah and try to encourage people to believe?

Original Poster Banned

starsparkle2311;6040307

They knock on the doors where I live all the time. They're not that bad … They knock on the doors where I live all the time. They're not that bad they usually just leave a booklet to read. That tends to get thrown straight in the recycling bin,lol.Tho' there was one day when I was in the bath, my kids answered the door. The JW's invited themselves in and waited until I got out the bath:w00t:, that annoyed me!!!!

i would punch them, seriously

They dont ask for my mum anymore they just talk to me i take all there leaflets and just put them in the bin!

they remember my name

Original Poster Banned

edjaned;6040342

they come to my house too but i cant be rude to people usually the kids … they come to my house too but i cant be rude to people usually the kids are crying or moaning so i use that to get rid of themcant blame them 4 doing it though doesnt the bible tell them to spread the word of jehovah and try to encourage people to believe?

i dont know ive never read the bible... how can anyone agree with not giving blood to save a life? surely god never mentioned this in 'the bible'??

Banned

Do the Sally Army go in Pubs with the War Cry. ANY MORE
    If not (I dont go pubs.... often)
    How did (do) they stop them.:whistling::santa:

DangerGod;6040358

i dont know ive never read the bible... how can anyone agree with not … i dont know ive never read the bible... how can anyone agree with not giving blood to save a life? surely god never mentioned this in 'the bible'??

Blood transfusions are regarded by the Society as physically and morally unclean

DangerGod;6040358

i dont know ive never read the bible... how can anyone agree with not … i dont know ive never read the bible... how can anyone agree with not giving blood to save a life? surely god never mentioned this in 'the bible'??

im not sure on that one,
    there must be something in it about blood though for them to say it

bitseylango;6040374

Blood transfusions are regarded by the Society as physically and morally … Blood transfusions are regarded by the Society as physically and morally unclean

there's quotes in the King James version of the Bible that they take as meaning they should never internalise any blood...

Their views are derived from scriptures such as; Genesis 9:3, Leviticus 17:10, and Acts 15:29. While their exact doctrines have changed variously over the years, their current
    stance is that:

1. Blood is sacred to Jehovah as it represents the life-force.
    2. Blood must not be eaten or transfused, even in an emergency to save a life.
    3. Blood must be poured out on the ground, rather than used for some other (eg medical) purpose.
    4. Exceptions allow for the use of blood in tests, use of the patients own blood when the blood is extracted during the current therapy (but not the storage of blood for future use), the transfusion of certain blood fractions (blood broken up then transfused) and various other procedures such as blood salvage.
    5. Witnesses who break with blood doctrine face expulsion from the church.

Banned

bitseylango;6040400

Their views are derived from scriptures such as; Genesis 9:3, Leviticus … Their views are derived from scriptures such as; Genesis 9:3, Leviticus 17:10, and Acts 15:29. While their exact doctrines have changed variously over the years, their current stance is that:1. Blood is sacred to Jehovah as it represents the life-force.2. Blood must not be eaten or transfused, even in an emergency to save a life.3. Blood must be poured out on the ground, rather than used for some other (eg medical) purpose.4. Exceptions allow for the use of blood in tests, use of the patients own blood when the blood is extracted during the current therapy (but not the storage of blood for future use), the transfusion of certain blood fractions (blood broken up then transfused) and various other procedures such as blood salvage.5. Witnesses who break with blood doctrine face expulsion from the church.

I got all that S*** from my mother if you can call her that and thats why we have not spoken for over 30 yrs. She knows not to knock my kin door.:santa:

aah96;6040346

They dont ask for my mum anymore they just talk to me i take all there … They dont ask for my mum anymore they just talk to me i take all there leaflets and just put them in the bin!they remember my name

They don't 'remember your name', they write it down after they speak to you for the first time, then they do 'return visits', which is basically if you take a tract, brouchure, book etc they will call back on you. They have a 'do not call' list, so you can ask to not be called on.

I know all this because I used to be one and most of my family still is.

Banned

ask them if they do any of the following as side lines

1. tarmacking
    2. replacement windows
    3. window cleaning
    4. tree pruning
    5. betterware

all those jobs your putting off you can get done in one go, and they can spout the god rubbish as they lay the new drive ... sorted another top tip:-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?66
      2. Has anyone found any Baileys Pumpkin Spiced for sale in the UK ?22
      3. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?34
      4. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?22

See more discussions