should male soldiers be allowed to wear makeup?

Posted 1st Oct
I don't see why not.

I was a much-decorated member of the parachute regiment during the second world war.

I remember after a particularly hazardous mission I was summoned to meet field-marshal montgomery himself.

"seb", he said - "you are the bravest soldier I ever knew" - tears streaming down his face.

"although why are you wearing so much make-up?"

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Yes, if this is what you mean:
38584180-6ksFa.jpg
27 Comments
Yes, if this is what you mean:
38584180-6ksFa.jpg
Predkiuesi - not necessariy.

Derek - the british army is still class-bound in many respects.

it should be possible for someone to join as private and work himself or herself up the ladder to become chief of the general staff but how often does that happen?

anyway I expect britain will soon be at war :

Edited by: "seb" 1st Oct
seb01/10/2019 12:34

I expect britain will soon be at war :

Someone said the same thing to me the other day. Interested to know who against, when and how you see this happening in the future.
You cant make this up
I liked seeing Monty in that tartan highland skirt he wore.
Edited by: "sean8566" 1st Oct
PR0METHEUS01/10/2019 12:58

Someone said the same thing to me the other day. Interested to know who …Someone said the same thing to me the other day. Interested to know who against, when and how you see this happening in the future.

Remainers v Brexiteers
Be careful of being perceived as intolerant, it's 2019.
.MUFC.01/10/2019 21:43

^This^ close to a civil war.

Not really, but there's plenty of rhetoric and empty words. Not much action though.

It only been 3 years to be fair. We can't expect a miracle, like being prepared for brexit, or having a plan.
Male soldiers wearing makeup:

Are female le soldiers allowed to wear maleup (genuine question)? If so then why does it matter?
RossD8901/10/2019 22:29

Male soldiers wearing makeup:Are female le soldiers allowed to wear maleup …Male soldiers wearing makeup:Are female le soldiers allowed to wear maleup (genuine question)? If so then why does it matter?

Where've you been
deeky01/10/2019 22:40

Where've you been

I've been coming on here less and less for ages. And then the site was sanitised with industrial grade bleach.

Got my free mug though!

38588585-BoQce.jpg
deeky01/10/2019 22:40

Where've you been

How are you, by the way? Sorry for completely forgetting to ask!
claire751901/10/2019 21:35

Remainers v Brexiteers

You really think it will come to that? We are not city or town based, but I see no evidence of this being a remote possibility. Yes, there are tensions in those factions across the country. Yes, the current political class is showing a woeful disregard for the national interest. But a Civil War? I can foresee isolated local flare ups between small groups of extremists, but nothing that would escalate beyond a few dozens with nothing better to do. If the cancelling of 'Jeremy Kyle' didn't motivate these people.to take to the streets, I can't imagine what will.
PR0METHEUS01/10/2019 23:11

You really think it will come to that? We are not city or town based, but …You really think it will come to that? We are not city or town based, but I see no evidence of this being a remote possibility. Yes, there are tensions in those factions across the country. Yes, the current political class is showing a woeful disregard for the national interest. But a Civil War? I can foresee isolated local flare ups between small groups of extremists, but nothing that would escalate beyond a few dozens with nothing better to do. If the cancelling of 'Jeremy Kyle' didn't motivate these people.to take to the streets, I can't imagine what will.

It's happening. Put 5th November in your diary. Gunpowder plot and an uprising Choose your side carefully.
RossD8901/10/2019 22:25

Not really, but there's plenty of rhetoric and empty words. Not much …Not really, but there's plenty of rhetoric and empty words. Not much action though.It only been 3 years to be fair. We can't expect a miracle, like being prepared for brexit, or having a plan.

I think they were all hoping that everyone would forget about Brexit.
RossD8901/10/2019 23:01

I've been coming on here less and less for ages. And then the site was …I've been coming on here less and less for ages. And then the site was sanitised with industrial grade bleach.

You're so right. It's such a shame

I'm good ta
RossD8901/10/2019 22:29

Male soldiers wearing makeup:Are female le soldiers allowed to wear maleup …Male soldiers wearing makeup:Are female le soldiers allowed to wear maleup (genuine question)? If so then why does it matter?

Yeah, the article showed an image of the rules that said women were allowed to wear make up and men weren't.

It is an odd one as the conservative politician in question appears to be more of a reasonable one than most. He's not the ex-UKIP member you'd expecting to be making that sort of comment but one of the first to share his expenses on the expenses scandal and someone who voted remain.

He is an ex-army officer himself though, so perhaps it's an army culture thing. It could easily be the army developed an over-sensitivity to this from using camouflage makeup when there was social prejudice against it.
deeky02/10/2019 05:23

You're so right. It's such a shame I'm good ta

You and Ross please get a room !
airfix02/10/2019 12:11

You and Ross please get a room !

Don't be jelly cos you're not Ross
You're not my type

God forbid.

As you know I argued stongly (or weakly if the result means anything) for REMAIN - almost every negative I suggested in these posts has since came to pass - the accuracy of my predictions even stunned me ( I've been playing the lotto ever since but my predictions for that have been woeful).

We lost a democratic vote.
If we are not going to accept democracy we might as well return to the caves.

I hate the result but I believe democracy is worth fighting for - if we ever did go to war over this matter then I would have to take the side of LEAVERS for the sake of upholding our democracy.
tryn2help04/10/2019 01:17

We lost a democratic vote.If we are not going to accept democracy we might …We lost a democratic vote.If we are not going to accept democracy we might as well return to the caves.

It's not that straightforward as we then went on to elect a large majority of remain MPs in the general election the year after. But general politics are against site rules so let's not get into that.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 4th Oct
EndlessWaves04/10/2019 10:38

It's not that straightforward as we then went on to elect a large majority …It's not that straightforward as we then went on to elect a large majority of remain MPs in the general election the year after. But general politics are against site rules so let's not get into that.

I like this Banksy

38604620-eRt3H.jpg
Yes so you know which ones to shoot first
tryn2help04/10/2019 01:17

God forbid. As you know I argued stongly (or weakly if the result means …God forbid. As you know I argued stongly (or weakly if the result means anything) for REMAIN - almost every negative I suggested in these posts has since came to pass - the accuracy of my predictions even stunned me ( I've been playing the lotto ever since but my predictions for that have been woeful). We lost a democratic vote.If we are not going to accept democracy we might as well return to the caves.I hate the result but I believe democracy is worth fighting for - if we ever did go to war over this matter then I would have to take the side of LEAVERS for the sake of upholding our democracy.

How can you argue for REMAIN when East European gangs are running amuck in the country?
Back on topic, who the fk is thinking up these SJW stuff these days?
Edited by: "zworld" 4th Oct
zworld04/10/2019 22:23

How can you argue for REMAIN when East European gangs are running amuck in …How can you argue for REMAIN when East European gangs are running amuck in the country?Back on topic, who the fk is thinking up these SJW stuff these days?

I'm not, there's no point, we had a democratic vote - we lost - that's democracy, and I fully support democracy therefor I fully support the result.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants