Expired

Should mobile networks give 18/24 month phone warranties with 18/24 contracts

9 replies
Found 17th Jul 2009
A lot of mobiles just don't seem to last 24 months without starting to pick up faults or just wearing out. If the networks are consently trying to push for longer contracts (by offering the best deals and freebies with them), should they be forced to match the warrant to the contract length?

9 Comments

I think they do. I've just got my phone in a n 18 months contract and I am pretty sure the mobile is cover for that time.

Not really .All they are doing is spreading the cost of the handset over a longer period, If you bought something over 5 years finance you wouldnt expect five years warranty, No one has to accept 24 month contract and you can always buy the handsets at full price sim fre,

asandino;5774669

I think they do. I've just got my phone in a n 18 months contract and I … I think they do. I've just got my phone in a n 18 months contract and I am pretty sure the mobile is cover for that time.

Not all do, it depends on the provider, I think it should be standard that the phone is warrantied for the life of the contract term.

nokia and sony ericssons (not sure about samsungs) have a 24month warranty as standard so if your network doesn't play ball you can go direct to manufacturer

Sagor;5774821

nokia and sony ericssons (not sure about samsungs) have a 24month … nokia and sony ericssons (not sure about samsungs) have a 24month warranty as standard so if your network doesn't play ball you can go direct to manufacturer

Samsungs dont, my daughters broke 1 year and 3 days out of warranty and samsung would notrepair it.

Banned

tonyg1962;5774675

Not really .All they are doing is spreading the cost of the handset over … Not really .All they are doing is spreading the cost of the handset over a longer period, If you bought something over 5 years finance you wouldnt expect five years warranty, No one has to accept 24 month contract and you can always buy the handsets at full price sim fre,

well o2 don't offer 12 month contracts any more :x

kidcat;5774829

Samsungs dont, my daughters broke 1 year and 3 days out of warranty and … Samsungs dont, my daughters broke 1 year and 3 days out of warranty and samsung would notrepair it.

just had a look, samsungs do offer 24 mths

samsung.com/uk/….do

I've always said that's the problem with 18/24 month contracts. The phones won't last that long...

The networks will pass you off to the manufacturer and, even if they'll do the repair, you're with out a phone for weeks.

Sagor;5775056

just had a look, samsungs do offer 24 … just had a look, samsungs do offer 24 mthshttp://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warrantyinformation/warrantyInformation.do

Thanks for that we were fobbed off with a std twelve month letter, just called the number and they are going to replace it!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal11
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?46
    3. 48 hour working time directive69
    4. Installing google play store on Kindle Fire 2nd gen?615

See more discussions