Should the UK give foreign Aid to Russia?

Russia is struggling, oil prices are low, their economy is crumbling.

Should the UK step up and offer Aid to this influential world player?

After all the good they have brought to the world in recent years, isn't it time we stood shoulder to shoulder.

47 Comments

Original Poster

I'm willing to donate my Abominable Flamedeer, my silver one (_;)

Would kind of take the point of sanctions away.....

http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-serious-or-if-trolling.jpg

Original Poster

rugbymike

Would kind of take the point of sanctions away.....

Yea, I get your point.

But it would be funny, just to offer

As you asked a closed question, No is my answer.

logie31

Yea, I get your point.But it would be funny, just to offer

It would be as daft as UKIP asking the EU for money....oh wait they have.

Banned

Well, we've helped other countries with terrible human rights records, so why not?

why dont we just give all our money away and become bankrupt. ...oh wait a minute....we already are doing

Banned

Well we will have to ask our puppet master first.

Nope, not while they have the ware with all to do it for the,selves, as my Russian friend assures me they do...

NO!

No.

I don't mind Aid if its food and clothing but why send millions or worse weapons, to other countries it just causes more misery!.

To all those who said "no", just consider the people suffering because of being born in a different country. This doesn't just apply to Russia.

maxAmaim

To all those who said "no", just consider the people suffering because of … To all those who said "no", just consider the people suffering because of being born in a different country. This doesn't just apply to Russia.

Putin should have been thinking of that, don't you think?..Too late now, Russia leant the hard way..

CookinBat

Putin should have been thinking of that, don't you think?..Too late now, … Putin should have been thinking of that, don't you think?..Too late now, Russia leant the hard way..

I have nothing against punishing people who make the decisions. But again, Russia is a big country and only a handful of its people are actually responsible for its international relations. Why should everyone suffer for the deeds of few? Oh and there are always riots, why do the rioters who actually tried to act against it have to be punished too?

Might aswell as the gullible British give aid to anyone rich and poor. Why not set up some charities that can employ more 250k a year ceo`s and use gift aid so we pay yet more to "charities" and foreign countryies.
Get old BOB to do an Easter record to raise money for those poor Oligarchs too.

maxAmaim

I have nothing against punishing people who make the decisions. But … I have nothing against punishing people who make the decisions. But again, Russia is a big country and only a handful of its people are actually responsible for its international relations. Why should everyone suffer for the deeds of few? Oh and there are always riots, why do the rioters who actually tried to act against it have to be punished too?

Maybe try to look at it like nature in it's brutality. Not always nice and pleasant but at least everyone knows it's ways and laws..

You do realise that the whole point of sanctions and US increasing Oil output was to affect Russia economy/stability so why would the UK now provide financial aid.

No, the point of sanctions was to punish them for being bad neighbours. If we provide aid, Chelsea will use it to buy more players.

and how can the UK afford to, we are in so much debt anyway

Banned

hooray henry

Why not set up some charities that can employ more 250k a year ceo`s

How much should a CEO earn?

CookinBat

Maybe try to look at it like nature in it's brutality. Not always nice … Maybe try to look at it like nature in it's brutality. Not always nice and pleasant but at least everyone knows it's ways and laws..

I wonder what you'd say if you lived in Russia.

maxAmaim

Nyet tovarich

doubleyoutea

No, the point of sanctions was to punish them for being bad neighbours. … No, the point of sanctions was to punish them for being bad neighbours. If we provide aid, Chelsea will use it to buy more players.

Yup, imho we should sanction the people who who actually caused this and not the whole country even though obviously that's complicated.

Villa

As much as they can get away with in a cut throat private business but not as the head of a charity,thats just sick.

logie31

I'm willing to donate my Abominable Flamedeer, my silver one (_;)

You just reminded me; someone wanted to swap their 'White abdominal' yesterday on the trade thread... made me chuckle X)

Banned

hooray henry

As much as they can get away with in a cut throat private business but … As much as they can get away with in a cut throat private business but not as the head of a charity,thats just sick.

Why?
For a charity to run efficiently it would need good professional employees.
Hence it would need to pay market rates for all the 'back office' roles that are not public facing.
Therefore, expect to see the usual departments such as Finance, HR, Legal, IT etc full of employees earning the same as their counterparts in private companies.

You may need to think about this for a moment as I suppose it may sound odd that a charity would have paid employees who aren't doing things purely from the goodness of their hearts for no reward.

maxAmaim

I'd prob say Putin needs a reality check and is now going to get his begging bowl out and eat humble pie.. Life here in the UK is no bed of roses for many..

CookinBat

I'd prob say Putin needs a reality check and is now going to get his … I'd prob say Putin needs a reality check and is now going to get his begging bowl out and eat humble pie.. Life here in the UK is no bed of roses for many..

I agree with you on this point, but then what about the people who were already that poor? FYI unless you're a war veteran the pension payments are barely enough to live on in russia :s

maxAmaim

I agree with you on this point, but then what about the people who were … I agree with you on this point, but then what about the people who were already that poor? FYI unless you're a war veteran the pension payments are barely enough to live on in russia :s

and it's been like that for most if not all time russia has been out of communism

Villa

Why?For a charity to run efficiently it would need good professional … Why?For a charity to run efficiently it would need good professional employees.Hence it would need to pay market rates for all the 'back office' roles that are not public facing.Therefore, expect to see the usual departments such as Finance, HR, Legal, IT etc full of employees earning the same as their counterparts in private companies.You may need to think about this for a moment as I suppose it may sound odd that a charity would have paid employees who aren't doing things purely from the goodness of their hearts for no reward.

X)

The Russians love him, as the way they see it he stands up to the West and NATO expansionism. This will not have been caused by anything the Russian parliament or military have done, but will be seen as the West and EU interfering in Russian matters and engender more resentment.

Banned

It would be interesting to see a USA vs Russia ground war with no WMDs.

Villa

I know of CEOS on a lot more than that.

doubleyoutea

The Russians love him, as the way they see it he stands up to the West … The Russians love him, as the way they see it he stands up to the West and NATO expansionism. This will not have been caused by anything the Russian parliament or military have done, but will be seen as the West and EU interfering in Russian matters and engender more resentment.

Unfortunately that's true except as far as I know most russian would only like his "standing up to the west" and not much else, and that's just the ones who rely exclusively on state media.

Banned

teh arn

I know of CEOS on a lot more than that.

I'm sure we all do.
My question/point was around the perceived injustice that a charity could have a high earning employee.

Villa

It would be interesting to see a USA vs Russia ground war with no WMDs.

Much of Russia's nuclear arsenal wont work or will be intercepted well before they reach their targets anyway IMO.. Russia would be burnt to a crisp in a few hours..

Banned

CookinBat

Much of Russia's nuclear arsenal wont work or will be intercepted well … Much of Russia's nuclear arsenal wont work or will be intercepted well before they reach their targets anyway IMO.. Russia would be burnt to a crisp in a few hours..

I think a conventional war would be not so straight forward, especially if fought in Eastern Europe.

Villa

I'm sure we all do.My question/point was around the perceived injustice … I'm sure we all do.My question/point was around the perceived injustice that a charity could have a high earning employee.

No injustice, they should be able to make that.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions