Groups

Should the UK sell energy companies to foreign countries

I feel awkward about this one. I know France is seen as 'friendly' but so was Russia a few years back and they restricted energy supplies for their neighbours when they have had disputes. I am aware that France has expertise in Nuclear Power. Are we right to enter such agreements when energy is such a basic resource.

3 Comments

see now this is why i choose not to listen to the news, its just to scary for my liking.

""Are we right to enter such agreements when energy is such a basic resource."

no - totally disagree with the sale to foreign companies

we have no jurisdiction on how they run their business (from a monetary aspect) and could be left well and truly in the dark - happened in u.s some years ago (california) so many companies selling - as you rightly say ' a basic resource' - to these companies it is not about providing us with this - its pleasing the share holder and getting bonuses for the execs -

well we have sold everything else _ arriva, (busses) the bridge at bristol , water -just to name a few, no wonder this country is as it is we are selling everything to the French
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Has anyone purchased tickets from ViaGoGo or Seatwave? 138255
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047106
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359
      4. love affairs1344

See more discussions