Found 20th Jan 2015
Ok I know we pretty much all know that creme eggs aren't dairy milk anymore. However I have just had a cadburys buttons Easter egg and I swear the egg tastes no where near as nice and creamy as the buttons. I believe that cadburys have done away with the dairy milk for Easter eggs aswell. What next no dairy milk chocolate in a bar of dairy milk. So much for a glass and a half of milk in every bar. So whose up for a nationwide boycott until we get back the heritage that once was Cadbury and dairy milk.

Cadburys is about as british as a Yorkshire pudding or a Lincolnshire sausage or even a Melton Mowbray pork pie. Now would you accept no herbs in your Lincolnshire sausage or no pork in your pork pie. Just so the company can save a few percent of a pence. I think not. So why accept it with the nations favourite chocolate.

(btw when saying british I'm referring to the pre takeover days)

1. Misc
  2. Cadbury
55 Comments

Its because youve eaten it before Easter.

Laldi chocolate is much nicer

I would boycott but the real problem here are Easter eggs available 20th Jan!

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

/thread

Original Poster

Comment

stuarthanley

Its because youve eaten it before Easter.

Then why sell them before Easter lol it's almost as though they want us to buy more lol.

Original Poster

Comment

Wyley100

I would boycott but the real problem here are Easter eggs available 20th … I would boycott but the real problem here are Easter eggs available 20th Jan!

Would you believe they were available on Boxing Day in my local Tesco.

Cadbury are owned by Mondelēz International

Purchase of Cadbury[edit]
On September 7, 2009, Kraft made a hostile £10.2 billion takeover offer for the long-established British confectionery group Cadbury, makers of Dairy Milk and Bournville chocolate.[24] On November 9, 2009 Kraft's £9.8bn takeover bid was rejected by Cadbury. Cadbury stated that the takeover bid was a "derisory" offer.[25] Kraft renewed the offer under the same terms on December 4, 2009.[26] The offer generated significant political and public opposition in the United Kingdom and abroad, even leading to calls for the government to implement a policy of economic protectionism in cases of takeovers of large companies.[27] On January 19, 2010, Cadbury finally approved a revised offer from Kraft, valuing the confectionery business at £11.5 billion($19.5 billion). The funding for the takeover was partially provided by the Royal Bank of Scotland, the British part-state-owned bank.[28]

I've stopped buying cadbury chocolate because the taste no longer appeals to me.

Chiptivo

Cadbury are owned by Mondelēz InternationalPurchase of Cadbury[edit]On … Cadbury are owned by Mondelēz InternationalPurchase of Cadbury[edit]On September 7, 2009, Kraft made a hostile £10.2 billion takeover offer for the long-established British confectionery group Cadbury, makers of Dairy Milk and Bournville chocolate.[24] On November 9, 2009 Kraft's £9.8bn takeover bid was rejected by Cadbury. Cadbury stated that the takeover bid was a "derisory" offer.[25] Kraft renewed the offer under the same terms on December 4, 2009.[26] The offer generated significant political and public opposition in the United Kingdom and abroad, even leading to calls for the government to implement a policy of economic protectionism in cases of takeovers of large companies.[27] On January 19, 2010, Cadbury finally approved a revised offer from Kraft, valuing the confectionery business at £11.5 billion($19.5 billion). The funding for the takeover was partially provided by the Royal Bank of Scotland, the British part-state-owned bank.[28]

Just Kraft under another name

Mondelez International also own the Tassimo brand which is why they sell Cadburys chocolate drinks.

Original Poster

Comment

baggerofbargains

I've stopped buying cadbury chocolate because the taste no longer appeals … I've stopped buying cadbury chocolate because the taste no longer appeals to me.

Exactly my point. I used to love a bar of cadburys but since the recipes have been messed around with so much to save money I now much prefer Galaxy. It's a shame because as less people buy cadburys they will have to cheapen the recipe to make up for it then even less will buy and it will be the end of another one of britains legacy a that at one time made us great.

Original Poster

Comment

Chiptivo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/11339559/6-ways-Cadbury-has-been-trashed.htmlCadbury is not a British company... :(Sad but true..

I was referring to the pre takeover days. When they were through and through british and built a village for their workers oh and cadburys have also announced 200 job losses at the factory

Chiptivo

Sad but true..

Metallica???

barrel24

CommentIt's a shame because as less people buy cadburys they will have to … CommentIt's a shame because as less people buy cadburys they will have to cheapen the recipe to make up for it then even less will buy [it]

How would your proposed boycott produce a different outcome? Surely the same cause (fewer people buying the product) would produce the same effect.

Original Poster

Comment

RossD89

How would your proposed boycott produce a different outcome? Surely the … How would your proposed boycott produce a different outcome? Surely the same cause (fewer people buying the product) would produce the same effect.

As if it was publicised as a boycott then they may think twice about cheapening the chocolate. Once they change it back then the boycott is over.

Very much like a workforce strike tbh

http://www.memegenerator.eu/media/created/yarige.jpg

Galaxy much better.

Original Poster

Comment

transit

LOL

Just wanted to see people's views

barrel24

CommentAs if it was publicised as a boycott then they may think twice … CommentAs if it was publicised as a boycott then they may think twice about cheapening the chocolate. Once they change it back then the boycott is over. Very much like a workforce strike tbh

You are assuming that enough people are as passionate about this as you to make the proposed boycott register on cadbury's radar.

Even without this protest, a company able to buy Cadbury for billions of pounds would surely be able to conduct effective market research if they found their sales and market share were falling significantly.

Edited by: "RossD89" 20th Jan 2015

Sad but probably a reflection of the American input and them thinking they can cut costs. Have you tasted chocolate from America? Yuck! Our friends and relatives over there always appreciated a nice box of Cadburys Dairy Milk sent over for Christmas-now we might as well not botherr if it's that bad.

Shall we boycot Boots own brand stuff while we're at it?

Original Poster

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t376/vertigo123456789/128DACD6-0106-4F7F-90EE-410F31CF2633_zpsdljmdd1b.jpg

Dairy milk tastes horrible nowadays.

Banned

Don't really care if something is from Brisbane or Bristol, if it tastes nice I'll eat it.

The quality at Cadbury has really dropped since the takeover by Kraft.

Only this morning, outside our office, I noticed a tin of Roses filled with sand and cigarette butts.

Cadbury's is worthless nowadays.

Cadbury was always rubbish anyway, stop kidding yourself that it was anything more then low grade dross for the sugar rush masses, you want real chocolate look to Europe our neighbours in Belgium and Germany have been laughing at what we call chocolate for years.

I still don't know how we get away with calling those white vanilla and sugar flavour things, white chocolate.

Original Poster

Mr Cadbury and Miss Rowntree met on a Double Decker, it was After Eight. She was from Quality Street, he was a Fisherman's Friend.

On the way home they stopped at a Yorkie Bar, he had a Rum and Butter, she had a Wine Gum. He asked her name,

"Polo, I'm the one with the hole," she said.
"I'm the one with the nuts," he thought, then he touched her Milky Way.

They checked into a hotel and went straight to the bedroom. Mr Cadbury turned out the light for a bit of Black Magic. It wasn't long before he slipped his hand into her Snickers and felt her Cream Egg. He fondled her Flap Jacks, then he showed her his Curly Wurly and Tic Tacs.

Miss Rowntree wasn't keen to have any Jelly Babies so she let him take a trip down Bourneville Boulevard via her Party Ring. He was quite pleased as he always fancied a bit of Fudge, then he gave her a boost.

It was a magic moment as she let out a scream of Turkish Delight. When he pulled out, his king size Mars Bar felt a bit Crunchie. She wanted more but he needed a Time Out. However, he noticed her Pink Wafers looked very appetising. He did a Twirl, had a Picnic in her Sherbet Dip and finished off by giving her a Gob Stopper.

Unfortunately, Mr Cadbury then had to go home to his wife, Caramel. Sadly, he was soon to discover he had VD. It turned out Miss Rowntree had been with Bertie Bassett who apparently had Allsorts!

barrel24

Mr Cadbury and Miss Rowntree met on a Double Decker, it was After Eight. … Mr Cadbury and Miss Rowntree met on a Double Decker, it was After Eight. She was from Quality Street, he was a Fisherman's Friend. On the way home they stopped at a Yorkie Bar, he had a Rum and Butter, she had a Wine Gum. He asked her name, "Polo, I'm the one with the hole," she said. "I'm the one with the nuts," he thought, then he touched her Milky Way. They checked into a hotel and went straight to the bedroom. Mr Cadbury turned out the light for a bit of Black Magic. It wasn't long before he slipped his hand into her Snickers and felt her Cream Egg. He fondled her Flap Jacks, then he showed her his Curly Wurly and Tic Tacs. Miss Rowntree wasn't keen to have any Jelly Babies so she let him take a trip down Bourneville Boulevard via her Party Ring. He was quite pleased as he always fancied a bit of Fudge, then he gave her a boost. It was a magic moment as she let out a scream of Turkish Delight. When he pulled out, his king size Mars Bar felt a bit Crunchie. She wanted more but he needed a Time Out. However, he noticed her Pink Wafers looked very appetising. He did a Twirl, had a Picnic in her Sherbet Dip and finished off by giving her a Gob Stopper. Unfortunately, Mr Cadbury then had to go home to his wife, Caramel. Sadly, he was soon to discover he had VD. It turned out Miss Rowntree had been with Bertie Bassett who apparently had Allsorts!

People should be aware of who makes what and what links what with who....... there is only really 10 companies supplying us all with our daily needs...... and not a conspiracy theory in site! (_;)

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/585370/original.jpg

Yes.

ThePasty

People should be aware of who makes what and what links what with … People should be aware of who makes what and what links what with who....... there is only really 10 companies supplying us all with our daily needs...... and not a conspiracy theory in site! (_;)

Good diagram but is out of date

Cadburys was doomed the moment it sold out to the Americans. Personally I dont care less what happens to them now. Any loyalty died the day they took over Rowntree Mackintosh and systematically destroyed their brands.

eslick

There's just no pleasing some people

Or how about we do something that really matters & make them bring these glorious wonders back!

http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/uploads/raw-1309791171-595x417.jpg

And these cheesy barstewards!

http://i48.tinypic.com/14ag8er.jpg

eslick

Indeed, don't know how old the diagram is, but it's at least 3 years out of date.

Yes. Don't forget is was Cadbury's that decided it was OK to sell chocolate with salmonella in it.

Yes. Already have.

Yes.
I'm under doctors orders never to touch chocolate again, so, just to make it fair I don't think anyone should have it. X)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch45
    2. Swimming goggles for 3 year old44
    3. printing pictures22
    4. Second sky q mini box - can i buy from ebay?1318

See more discussions