Groups

Should you be arrested for breaking the law abroad ?

If you break the law abroad then you should suffer the consequences of the courts of the country you visiting ?
    British criminal abroad ?

66 Comments

Oh, perhaps I should delete my comment

In fact, I will X)

Edited by: "deeky" 18th Nov 2016

davewave

​that was a legendary response.

Actually I'm not sure it was appropriate now OP has posted a link

deeky

No, you should be able to murder, rape and pillage to your heart's desire … No, you should be able to murder, rape and pillage to your heart's desire when on holiday.

​ X) brilliant

WOW a totally pointless question!

deeky

Oh, perhaps I should delete my comment :(In fact, I will X)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_letxfj1Gb31qg30c5o1_500.gif

livinthedream

If you break the law abroad then you should suffer the consequences of … If you break the law abroad then you should suffer the consequences of the courts of the country you visiting?

I think when you fill out a Visa application on the plane you should have the option to scribble a list of laws that you will abide by on the back written in Drambuie.

thewongwing101

I'm struggling now X)

Meh, ok. I know I should X)

deeky

Actually I'm not sure it was appropriate now OP has posted a link

Oh
    maybe we should all go live in a hole or sumat ?

Yes

deeky

I'm struggling now X)Meh, ok. I know I should X)

Really ? wimp

thewongwing101

Oh maybe we should all go live in a hole or sumat ?

No, I get you, but if he had posted the link in the opening post I wouldn't have said that would I?

deeky

No, I get you, but if he had posted the link in the opening post I … No, I get you, but if he had posted the link in the opening post I wouldn't have said that would I?

Maybe ?

TBF to Deeky the clicky should have been posted in the OP - not later. The question/title doesnt match up with the story. It should be changed really.

yes you should in most cases but not this one

you should also not visit a backward county like this one

Original Poster

Graham1979

WOW a totally pointless question!

Not to many , have seen so many on here say "When in Rome" and "suffer the consequences if you break the laws of the land"
    Would like the same people justify the same comments now as it's horrendous in my mind and my thoughts are with this poor lass , hopefully the British authorities get involved and help this girl and also interview the alleged involved now they have returned to the UK and if allegations are founded then try them over here regardless of laws abroad

Original Poster

WonderWoman

TBF to Deeky the clicky should have been posted in the OP - not later. … TBF to Deeky the clicky should have been posted in the OP - not later. The question/title doesnt match up with the story. It should be changed really.

Edited the op
    My apologies if not done in uniformity with hukd usual way of doing things
    Edited by: "livinthedream" 18th Nov 2016

you should abide by the laws of the host country, regardless of whether you think they are 'right' or not. if you dont like the laws, dont visit the country

Banned

Just wear a poppy on your arm & all will be fine

Original Poster

adamspencer95

you should abide by the laws of the host country, regardless of whether … you should abide by the laws of the host country, regardless of whether you think they are 'right' or not. if you dont like the laws, dont visit the country

Should the British government then be advising all nationals of the laws that they may not be familiar with in the host country or more specifically the consequences of having what you would consider a "crime against you" in the UK to be a "crime committed by you" in said country ?

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Just wear a poppy on your arm & all will be fine

Hows that ? ... me a bit thick but don't understand that comment .. please tell me in laymans non-cryptic , kind regards

livinthedream

Edited the op My apologies if not done in uniformity with hukd usual way … Edited the op My apologies if not done in uniformity with hukd usual way of doing things

No need to apologise at all. There's no uniformity - I mess things up all the time! I just wanted to point it out because I know that someone as lovely as Deeky wouldn't have made a joke like that if he thought there was a possibility of it having a link with the clicky etc..

livinthedream

Should the British government then be advising all nationals of the laws … Should the British government then be advising all nationals of the laws that they may not be familiar with in the host country or more specifically the consequences of having what you would consider a "crime against you" in the UK to be a "crime committed by you" in said country ?

​why is it the responsibility of our government to warn every travelling brit of every potential law they could break whilst abroad?

do some research, easy

miles136

yes you should in most cases but not this oneyou should also not visit a … yes you should in most cases but not this oneyou should also not visit a backward county like this one

Why not in this one? Surely, everyone knows what the score is in Dubai. If you go there, you run the risk of something like this happening. Nobody with an ounce of sense would set foot in the place and, if you do, you've only got yourself to blame.

Original Poster

WonderWoman

No need to apologise at all. There's no uniformity - I mess things up all … No need to apologise at all. There's no uniformity - I mess things up all the time! I just wanted to point it out because I know that someone as lovely as Deeky wouldn't have made a joke like that if he thought there was a possibility of it having a link with the clicky etc..

I know that also but it's nice to make his old body squirm a bit for a while

The UAE is really backwards.
    Even Donald Trump might think twice about taking his family there on a holiday.

livinthedream

I know that also but it's nice to make his old body squirm a bit for a … I know that also but it's nice to make his old body squirm a bit for a while

Got ya!

do you have to troll every thread?

WonderWoman

No need to apologise at all. There's no uniformity - I mess things up all … No need to apologise at all. There's no uniformity - I mess things up all the time! I just wanted to point it out because I know that someone as lovely as Deeky wouldn't have made a joke like that if he thought there was a possibility of it having a link with the clicky etc..

Aww, man

RonChew

Why not in this one? Surely, everyone knows what the score is in Dubai. … Why not in this one? Surely, everyone knows what the score is in Dubai. If you go there, you run the risk of something like this happening. Nobody with an ounce of sense would set foot in the place and, if you do, you've only got yourself to blame.

​did you know a woman could be locked up for being gang raped?

shadey12

​did you know a woman could be locked up for being gang raped?

Actually, they can be locked up for being raped; there's no need for a gang to do it. Most Arab states are backward which is why I wouldn't go to any of them. But that doesn't seem to deter some people.

davewave

do you have to troll every thread?

Are you asking yourself a question, dave? Desperate times.

Banned

RonChew

Are you asking yourself a question, dave? Desperate times.

He is looking for Philip Green lovers

RonChew

Why not in this one? Surely, everyone knows what the score is in Dubai. … Why not in this one? Surely, everyone knows what the score is in Dubai. If you go there, you run the risk of something like this happening. Nobody with an ounce of sense would set foot in the place and, if you do, you've only got yourself to blame.

​blamed for being raped...the law she broke was to be a victim....

a new low surely?

RonChew

You've only got yourself to blame for being raped?

davewave

​blamed for being raped...the law she broke was to be a victim....a new l … ​blamed for being raped...the law she broke was to be a victim....a new low surely?

They're light years behind the West but that's the way things are in Dubai. The answer is simple - don't go there. Or, if you do and some scumbags rape you, just keep quiet about it.

YouDontWantToKnow

He is looking for Philip Green's lovers

Not so much green ladies as red ladies maybe!

Yes. Nuff said.

YouDontWantToKnow

reported post #30 25mins ago but yet it still standsSays a lot to me

It's in bad taste but no more. Why bother reporting it?

RonChew

They're light years behind the West but that's the way things are in … They're light years behind the West but that's the way things are in Dubai. The answer is simple - don't go there. Or, if you do and some scumbags rape you, just keep quiet about it.

Ignoring politics, religion and the laws etc I've never seen the appeal of UAE anyway. What is there apart from shopping malls? Okay, that explains it as this is HUKD.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked. Any websites that you can recommend?22
      2. Fifa 1837
      3. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills33
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?69

See more discussions