Groups

Should'nt of done what i did today

i am looking for a new car at the moment and as i was driving past my local VW garage today i noticed one of my dream cars (R32) sat their bold as brass with quite a cheap price on it, screaming DRIVE ME, DRIVE ME so i did. Wow what a car. Then the salesman said try the GTI and i thought what the hell, again the drive was fantastic. Now i dont know what to go for PLEASE PLEASE help if anybody has any experiance of either of these cars. I know they are unpractical and are thirsty on fuel but i have been to sensible for 2 long,

Actually any feedback on any hot hatch would be gratefull.

27 Comments

Get the GTI

Remap the engine

Cheaper in every way and the remap will pust the R32 for pace.

R32 everytime.

GTI's have been tosh since the mark 3

Original Poster

see that's what i mean, if i ask 10 people it would be splitt 50/50. so hard to decide on what to do

thesaint;6021768

R32 everytime.GTI's have been tosh since the mark 3

I lol'd

Only real diff is the engine, the 3.2 V6 is old, heavy and unbalances the car in the corners.

The 2.0 turbo FSI is more versatile and more tuneable, along with being more efficient and cleaner.

get a porsche!!

flip a coin.

mbgringo;6021791

I lol'dOnly real diff is the engine, the 3.2 V6 is old, heavy and … I lol'dOnly real diff is the engine, the 3.2 V6 is old, heavy and unbalances the car in the corners.The 2.0 turbo FSI is more versatile and more tuneable, along with being more efficient and cleaner.

Efficient and cleaner. lulz. you sound like my mum.

Listen to a V6 engine, and then listen to a diesel.

Buy a bike

dont bother get a 370Z :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Cant afford a porsch, Bike 2 dangerous plus i cant fit 2 kids in back. focus st? always think of being abit plastiky if you know what i mean.

thesaint;6021812

Efficient and cleaner. lulz. you sound like my mum.Listen to a V6 … Efficient and cleaner. lulz. you sound like my mum.Listen to a V6 engine, and then listen to a diesel.

Listen to a V6 - you sound like a caveman

If you're gonna listen - V8+ :lol:

Original Poster

janz70;6021837

dont bother get a 370Z :thumbsup:

u mean a daihatsu

mbgringo;6021848

Listen to a V6 - you sound like a caveman :pIf you're gonna listen - V8+ … Listen to a V6 - you sound like a caveman :pIf you're gonna listen - V8+ :lol:

Not aware of a V8+ Golf.

I have a VR6, and the engine noise is the main reason I got it.

Banned

i say go with your heart fella, at the end of the day you will be the one driving it not us

You say the R32 screamed at you , but you didnt notice the GTI till the sales guy mentioned , do it get the R32

thesaint;6021879

Not aware of a V8+ Golf.I have a VR6, and the engine noise is the main … Not aware of a V8+ Golf.I have a VR6, and the engine noise is the main reason I got it.

Didn't mention a V8 Golf?? :?

Meant a V8 engine in general :thumbsup:

Had a Corrado VR6 years back, 1995 M reg, loved it, have sold my soul to diesel though :oops: for now at least . . . . .

mbgringo;6021914

Didn't mention a V8 Golf?? :?Meant a V8 engine in general :thumbsup:Had … Didn't mention a V8 Golf?? :?Meant a V8 engine in general :thumbsup:Had a Corrado VR6 years back, 1995 M reg, loved it, have sold my soul to diesel though :oops: for now at least . . . . .

Diesel remaps are real good these days. Fabia how many you see of them esentially the golf, same body same engines.

I wouldn't buy a golf unless you after a runner.

Go elsewhere.:p

Op, you mention any hot hatch - ]LINKY

Mate has one, 58 plate, INSANE bloomin thing, 256 bhp standard.

Focus ST is a good car but it's handling is compromised by the weight of the straight 5 up front, I suspect the R32 will suffer the same problem with its V6.

A big consideration should be road tax, R32 is well over the 225g/km boundary (group M) so will be in the top bracket, whereas (according to Autotrader) the GTi is 189 (group J).

So I'd go for the GTi: cheaper, probably better handling on real roads, OK you don't get the sound track, but the money you'd save you could probably buy yourself several track days / drive experiences every year!

Chris

mbgringo;6021914

Didn't mention a V8 Golf?? :?Meant a V8 engine in general :thumbsup:Had … Didn't mention a V8 Golf?? :?Meant a V8 engine in general :thumbsup:Had a Corrado VR6 years back, 1995 M reg, loved it, have sold my soul to diesel though :oops: for now at least . . . . .

I'm just a golf fan in general.

I've had a Mk1 saloon
    Mk1 GTI Karmann convertible
    Mk 2 GTi x 3
    Mk3 VR6

Banned

my sister's bf has an r32 i thought it was a good, frickn fast to

Original Poster

OK gonna give the focus ST a go 2morrow, and see what i can get for my money down their, I just have this perception of of really bad build quality and looking dull inside, (should'nt judge until i see it) also might go to mazda and have a look at the mazdz 3 aswell. Let you all know how i get on!!!!!!!

Original Poster

dj_urban;6021988

my sister's bf has an r32 i thought it was a good, frickn fast to

Took it out for a drive and it was awsome, so much power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like it:thumbsup:

thesaint;6021970

I'm just a golf fan in general. :)I've had a Mk1 saloonMk1 GTI Karmann … I'm just a golf fan in general. :)I've had a Mk1 saloonMk1 GTI Karmann convertibleMk 2 GTi x 3Mk3 VR6

I'm confused now I thought I saw a picture of you aged 15 before. :?

Banned

Adam2050;6022034

I'm confused now I thought I saw a picture of you aged 15 before. :?

let the boy live out his dream for one night :whistling:

the porter;6022051

good lad u might be pleasantly surprised :thumbsup: ive had no issues … good lad u might be pleasantly surprised :thumbsup: ive had no issues with the build quality the recaros are fantastic very solidlly built in and out but a remap is a must for £300 thereabouts ,its how it should of been in the factory

^^^^^^^^^^^

1000000000000%
    :thumbsup:

ah, a 4 seater, front wheel drive, hatchback - sorry you didnt say you wanted a pretend sports car :whistling:

get an evo
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2247
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1217
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767296
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047122

See more discussions