Show your appreciation : Lets Get Clapping UK

Expert (Beta)26
Posted 23rd Mar
Don't think this is a deal by any stretch - but wanted to share so we can all do our bit to show our appreciation for the tireless work being put in by the wonderful people in our health services and other frontline emergency services.

During these unprecedented times, they need to know we are grateful.

On 26th March at 8pm lets all give a big applause (from front doors, garden, balcony, windows, living rooms, etc) to show all nurses; doctors; GPs and carers our appreciation for their ongoing hard work and fight against this virus.

Show your love and appreciation folks in a small yet meaningful gesture

clapforcarers.co.uk/
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
It’s a nice gesture and all, but as a country, I think we should be giving them a pay rise really. Things like this tend to just be social media fuel for the attention seekers who want some likes on their accounts.
I think you should all come into my supermarket and applaude me for putting up with weeks of abuse and being at the frontline for every germ in the country
Personally, I think we should all donate a quid. It’s quieter and they’ll appreciate it more.
If you know someone who claps when the plane lands, they will love this
26 Comments
I read this to our housemate who is a nurse and she thought it was cringe and not necessary but thanks. (Agree with the sentiment though)
Personally, I think we should all donate a quid. It’s quieter and they’ll appreciate it more.
Donny2Scoops23/03/2020 12:50

I read this to our housemate who is a nurse and she thought it was cringe …I read this to our housemate who is a nurse and she thought it was cringe and not necessary but thanks. (Agree with the sentiment though)

Its the thought that matters I suppose. Everyone loves a bit of appreciation and a word of thanks
It’s a nice gesture and all, but as a country, I think we should be giving them a pay rise really. Things like this tend to just be social media fuel for the attention seekers who want some likes on their accounts.
jimhuf23/03/2020 13:36

Bring back the 80s/90s
Probably more beneficial to the NHS workers if we just do as we are told and actually stay at home wherever we can, and we have children we make sure they stay in the house or garden.
Edited by: "Donkii" 23rd Mar
Donkii23/03/2020 14:05

Probably more beneficial to the NHS workers if we just do as we are told …Probably more beneficial to the NHS workers if we just do as we are told and actually stay at home wherever we can, and we have children we make sure they stay in the mouse or garden.

How big is your mouse???
coldpop23/03/2020 12:51

Personally, I think we should all donate a quid. It’s quieter and they’ll a …Personally, I think we should all donate a quid. It’s quieter and they’ll appreciate it more.

We already do in the form of taxes, unfortunately too much is squandered on bad procurement and inflated Management structures!
I think the clap is the last thing we need right now
All we need to do is nothing to save the country, other than stay in and play video games, watch tv, gardening, other and people are even failing at that.
Edited by: "guru404" 23rd Mar
I think you should all come into my supermarket and applaude me for putting up with weeks of abuse and being at the frontline for every germ in the country
AL1S0N23/03/2020 15:21

I think you should all come into my supermarket and applaude me for …I think you should all come into my supermarket and applaude me for putting up with weeks of abuse and being at the frontline for every germ in the country

Well done do feel for you guys/gals.
Let's show our appreciation by staying indoors unless absoloute neccesary to leave. That will help a whole lot more

I think you should all come into my supermarket and applaude me for …I think you should all come into my supermarket and applaude me for putting up with weeks of abuse and being at the frontline for every germ in the country

Yep Me and our Maude both said we think we are safer working in the hospital than dealing with the bog roll brigade keep up the good work
Think most people appreciate NHS staff. ( me and the Mrs both are) Think it is the government that doesn't.

Also shows how important the people in supermarkets and local corner shops really are.

Went to Aldi last week and the poor staff are more in the front line than us!! They need some PPE on!!!!! Plus the abuse they were getting because people could only have 2 or 4 items was disgusting!!
Edited by: "themachman" 23rd Mar
Didn't this clapping start in Spain.. I saw a video personally and it incited a community feeling.. I think it's great a small way to show some appreciation for all the NHS staff out their doing their bit for society...

I'll admit, I feel very sorry (and of course deeply appreciative) to the supermarket/retail workers - they probably see MORE people in a day than your average GP/Doctor/Nurse etc. and are in a bit of a "firing line." It can't be nice at all so; yes; a big thanks to them (and you) too!

Saying that, I haven't seen any workers wearing; at the very least; a pair of latex (or equivalent) gloves. I certainly would (and do) when handling shopping as you and a dozen others might have pawed that tin of baked beans! Have the powers that be possibly decreed that you don't do that in case it causes panic? I keep meaning to ask one of the operatives but I always forget...

Stay safe, Phsy.
Phsycronix23/03/2020 17:29

I'll admit, I feel very sorry (and of course deeply appreciative) to the …I'll admit, I feel very sorry (and of course deeply appreciative) to the supermarket/retail workers - they probably see MORE people in a day than your average GP/Doctor/Nurse etc. and are in a bit of a "firing line." It can't be nice at all so; yes; a big thanks to them (and you) too!Saying that, I haven't seen any workers wearing; at the very least; a pair of latex (or equivalent) gloves. I certainly would (and do) when handling shopping as you and a dozen others might have pawed that tin of baked beans! Have the powers that be possibly decreed that you don't do that in case it causes panic? I keep meaning to ask one of the operatives but I always forget...Stay safe, Phsy.

Gloves are optional but not provided as we are told "they offer a false sense of security". If gloves are worn they're just as likely to carry germs but discourage hand washing/ sanitising
Alexandralocks23/03/2020 16:52

Didn't this clapping start in Spain.. I saw a video personally and it …Didn't this clapping start in Spain.. I saw a video personally and it incited a community feeling.. I think it's great a small way to show some appreciation for all the NHS staff out their doing their bit for society...

But if a tree falls over and no one hears, does it make a sound?
Timschoice23/03/2020 18:17

But if a tree falls over and no one hears, does it make a sound? …But if a tree falls over and no one hears, does it make a sound?

I'm sure the birds would still hear the noise
Alexandralocks23/03/2020 19:07

I'm sure the birds would still hear the noise

Can you show some respect, they are Nurses not birds, ‘ya sexist pig
Phsycronix23/03/2020 17:29

I'll admit, I feel very sorry (and of course deeply appreciative) to the …I'll admit, I feel very sorry (and of course deeply appreciative) to the supermarket/retail workers - they probably see MORE people in a day than your average GP/Doctor/Nurse etc. and are in a bit of a "firing line." It can't be nice at all so; yes; a big thanks to them (and you) too!Saying that, I haven't seen any workers wearing; at the very least; a pair of latex (or equivalent) gloves. I certainly would (and do) when handling shopping as you and a dozen others might have pawed that tin of baked beans! Have the powers that be possibly decreed that you don't do that in case it causes panic? I keep meaning to ask one of the operatives but I always forget...Stay safe, Phsy.

I was in Spain just before they imposed lockdown - the checkout staff were all gloved up there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants