showbox and mx player cast issues

Found 20th Feb 2015
Showbox will not load to cast

I see the episode or film, click and get the download or watch option

If using internal player, the video works
If not, it returns to showbox screen

How do I fix this?

Also a number of videos I have already watched will not load saying mx player is needed

When mx player was installed, nothing would cast. Even with unchecked internal player. It would only play on the same device
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
have you tried another casting app?
Try Qplayer, VLC Player
For the last couple of days, it seems that their servers were down, and a lot of episodes and films "not available", it did this on ios and android version, everytime I tried to load it said unavailable, will try this evening
I am another dissapointed user of mx player that show box now uses. I can't believe the option to cast isn't available. I have emailed mxvideoplayer@Gmail. Com to vent my anger and politely asked that they add this option to cast on mx player. I suggest everyone else does the same if they still want to enjoy show box on their tv.
Good idea
my showbox hasn't been working for days..on any of the casting apps
I use showbox and I cast it using allcast . I just downloaded the apk online . try that works a bloody treat
or bin showbox and try HD cinema along with local cast
I had same problem but fortunatly had only updated Showbox on 2 devices and 3rd one still worked. Uninstall the app, type showbox apk 3.85 into google and download again (I used aptoide). Ignore the new version available when it pops up & you will have all casting options back, including new films :-) Only one not working is John Wick but all the rest seem to be fine.
Or you can go to your Chromecast app, on the top left, choose Cast screen. Then run your Showbox as usual, it should work. The only problem is now your phone has to be with the film on. Not ideal, but for the time being, it will work untill they fix the issues.

Edited by: "vhot" 21st Feb 2015
I can't seem to play it through my TV any more I want to watch mocking Jay
Install HD Cinema from Google and then install local cast from play store for free. I suggest everyone else boycotts show box untill they sort out an update for mx player to cast. He cinema is almost identical to show box so give it a go.
Can't seem to find hd cinema. Finding lots similar, but with **** ratings.
Help?
Ok that wasn't supposed to show a 4 star rating, I used a naughty word.
Ask the similar apps have really bad ratings and reviews in play store.

Found one online, but it downloads to file commander rather than installing
Download from Google, it should the second one down on the search results and then go to the Android download. Local cast is on play store.
Search Results
HD Cinema - Watch the latest Anime, Movie, TVShow, Cartoon ...
homecinema.mobi/
Try this above
HD cinema is very good, not a great navigation but works a dream stream wise. Evryone jumping ship may impact there servers but just avoid Showbox for now
I would install cartoon hd as its back up and running
there is alot more apps that does the same as showbox
I bought a android tv box for 31pounds of the bay and cant fault it
I don't know if you've seen this yet.. but here's a fix from the developer of Allcast. I tried it and it works.

http://www.reddit.com/r/showbox/comments/2xeiwi/growbox_a_solution_for_not_being_able_to_cast/

1. Uninstall MXPlayer
2. Make sure you install Growbox and run that first.
3. Make sure you install the beta version of Allcast (the one in the link on Reddit).
3. Showbox will now ask you which app you want to stream with.. choose Allcast.

thanks
this was an awesome fix - and then showbox developped another issue - what is going on.???? do they want everyone to avoid their app?

bearsmash

I don't know if you've seen this yet.. but here's a fix from the … I don't know if you've seen this yet.. but here's a fix from the developer of Allcast. I tried it and it works.http://www.reddit.com/r/showbox/comments/2xeiwi/growbox_a_solution_for_not_being_able_to_cast/1. Uninstall MXPlayer2. Make sure you install Growbox and run that first.3. Make sure you install the beta version of Allcast (the one in the link on Reddit).3. Showbox will now ask you which app you want to stream with.. choose Allcast.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants