Expired

showbox issues AGAIN - try another server

Found 27th Mar 2015
and, here we go again.
why are showbox making their app so difficult???

i did a standard update. immediately after that every tv show episode i tried to open resulted in
VIDEO NOT AVAILABLE. TRY ANOTHER SERVER

and every film i tried to open resulted in a blurry screen with showbox then closing and the message
UNFORTUNATELY SHOWBOX HAS STOPPED

this really is getting silly now. there's a new Showbox issue every few days.

anyone have any ideas please??????

unfortunately it appears that if you update, showbox loses connection with its own servers.

either unistall the update and use an earlier version
OR
if you have a silly phone like my sony xperia that doesn't store updates in the downloads folders then
1. uninstall showbox completely
2. reinstall showbox from your original download
3. DO NOT UPDATE

uninstalling loses your saved library, but at least you can find them again and watch them on the older versions.
Community Updates
AskServer
55 Comments
I've given up with showbox. First they removed the ability to cast to Chromecast and now nothing works. There are now better apps out there.
Hd-cinema
Come on OP, the app is free so downtime and any similar difficulty/issues are going to be expected. It's difficult to find your two threads anything but unappreciative towards their efforts. Alternatively, and If it's that's bad, then why don't you use one the various alternatives out there?
You could consider watching material which hasn't been pirated?
casting issue was resolved by the allcast developer - remove mx player and install growbox. everything casts.

HD cinema is good, but doesn't have more than half of the shows i actually watch.

would happily move to another app that had them, but haven't found any others. we tend to watch sci-fi and crime
things like elementary, csi cyber, criminal minds, ncis, warehouse 13, x files, continuum - etc and they are not on hd cinema unfortunately.

just wish showbox wouldn't keep making things so difficult all the time
coxy82

Come on OP, the app is free so downtime and any similar difficulty/issues … Come on OP, the app is free so downtime and any similar difficulty/issues are going to be expected. It's difficult to find your two threads anything but unappreciative towards their efforts. Alternatively, and If it's that's bad, then why don't you use one the various alternatives out there?

hd cinema is also free and doesn't have issues. it's free becasue of all the ads we get bombarded with. sorry if you think i'm being unappreciative, but if you put something out there and then take money from advertisers on the back of your ap, surely you want to make sure it will work?

an occassional problem now and again is expected. but a problem with every update, and even when there are none??? basically a problem every few days, they are going to lose their advertisers' support as well as their users.

i have only posted two of the MANY MANY MANY issues with showbox that i've encountered. the other issues i've resolved from reading comments from other people who have experienced the same issues. i only post when i can't find the fix from the problems other people experience.

so, it's not just me
in fact if you look at the showbox - android page on facebook and all the recent showbox bashing comments, my question above is quite polite and appreciative by comparison
bunny333

casting issue was resolved by the allcast developer - remove mx player … casting issue was resolved by the allcast developer - remove mx player and install growbox. everything casts.HD cinema is good, but doesn't have more than half of the shows i actually watch.would happily move to another app that had them, but haven't found any others. we tend to watch sci-fi and crimethings like elementary, csi cyber, criminal minds, ncis, warehouse 13, x files, continuum - etc and they are not on hd cinema unfortunately.just wish showbox wouldn't keep making things so difficult all the time

Cheers. Do you have a link for Grow box as I have googled it and cannot seem to find a valid link? Thanks
sixonenine

http://i.reddit.com/r/showbox/comments/2xeiwi/growbox_a_solution_for_not_being_able_to_cast/

Cheers but I've downloaded that and it keeps saying "cannot open file". HTC ONE M8
Saying "hey it's free" does not excuse constant poor performance, especially as bunny333 pointed out that the developer is using advertising presumably to make money so they are trying to get paid for an app that doesn't work.
The issues have been mounting for some time and the app has evolved from the go-to streaming service to a frustrating joke. Nearly none of the new movies and shows made available in the last month are even accessible. That is a major problem when it is the entire point of your app.
Further, it's jut bad design; I'm getting the same error "video not available choose a different server" - what does that mean to the end user? There is no option to choose any server at any point. As a single example, the entire third season of Vikings has been "unavailable" since the season began going on 6 weeks now. That's an awful long time to correct what is ostensibly a server file location error on their end. Season 1 ep 4 has *never* been available.
There is also no official feedback mechanism to submit such errors. I have located dozens of files that are missing or incomplete but there is no way to alert the developer in a timely and helpful fashion. At this point we may as well give up on this app until the devs learn to create a useful feedback mechanism to help themselves deal with a growing list of issues.
stuarthanley

Cheers. Do you have a link for Grow box as I have googled it and cannot … Cheers. Do you have a link for Grow box as I have googled it and cannot seem to find a valid link? Thanks

just cast from the chromecast app itself
Why don't you come up with something better then? Or as RossD89 has stated, pay for the material you are so desperately trying to seek for 'free'.
I've got it figured out but it's a FAFF . You need to alternate between version 3.88 and 3.85 when something doesn't work it will on the other.
Adaway blocks all showbox adds but you need root ;-)
ding

just cast from the chromecast app itself

How do you do that with showbox then? Cheers.
stuarthanley

How do you do that with showbox then? Cheers.

Means mirror the screen while playing showbox. Only available on KitKat and above or something that has been rooted and using that XDA hack.
When all else fails Videomix comes through ;-)
Mirroring is crap. That's hardly a solution really.
Growbox fix

http://www.reddit.com/r/showbox/comments/2xeiwi/growbox_a_solution_for_not_being_able_to_cast/

If link doesn't work here, is the last post on my casting question.
Click on my name, it does my two questions, click on the wisdom that isn't this one.

bunny333

Growbox … Growbox fixhttp://www.reddit.com/r/showbox/comments/2xeiwi/growbox_a_solution_for_not_being_able_to_cast/If link doesn't work here, is the last post on my casting question. Click on my name, it does my two questions, click on the wisdom that isn't this one.

Nice one. Had to use ES explorer to open it. Cheers.
Lol. Now showbox is ****ed. Getting the same blurry force close as the OP.
you will need allcast with growbox

although it's open source, the other cast developers need to write permissions for it to resolve showbox issues with their apps.
resolved that issue with help froma facebook user

had to uninstall showbox completely (and lose my library, so you might want to make a note of things)

then reinstall from the original download in my downloads folder (for some reason my sony xperia doesn't store updates , just the original.)

if you have any earlier version of showbox, just reinstall that.

AND AT ALL COSTS AVOID THE UPDATE MESSAGE
Any time I cast to my panasonic smart TV using all cast it cuts off after 5 mins or so
Hey you just need to clear cache and data in app settings
Settings>more settings (for me) > apps> showbox> clear data and cache.
Good luck!
Hey you just need to clear cache and data in app settings
Settings>more settings (for me) > apps> showbox> clear data and cache.
Good luck!
ab7

Saying "hey it's free" does not excuse constant poor performance, … Saying "hey it's free" does not excuse constant poor performance, especially as bunny333 pointed out that the developer is using advertising presumably to make money so they are trying to get paid for an app that doesn't work.The issues have been mounting for some time and the app has evolved from the go-to streaming service to a frustrating joke. Nearly none of the new movies and shows made available in the last month are even accessible. That is a major problem when it is the entire point of your app.Further, it's jut bad design; I'm getting the same error "video not available choose a different server" - what does that mean to the end user? There is no option to choose any server at any point. As a single example, the entire third season of Vikings has been "unavailable" since the season began going on 6 weeks now. That's an awful long time to correct what is ostensibly a server file location error on their end. Season 1 ep 4 has *never* been available.There is also no official feedback mechanism to submit such errors. I have located dozens of files that are missing or incomplete but there is no way to alert the developer in a timely and helpful fashion. At this point we may as well give up on this app until the devs learn to create a useful feedback mechanism to help themselves deal with a growing list of issues.

How dare somebody who offers an illegal service suffer complications?!?

Your comment is riuculous...

Edited by: "RossD89" 27th Mar 2015
Anyone pm me a link to a download to a earlier version please. Thanks.
I used to put myself through this with my phone and chromecast. I couldn't take it anymore and bought a media player with xbmc on it. I have never used showbox since.
It's not illegal!
It's hosted in Russia where it is legal. The fact that we can see it isn't illegal. The big corporations have a lot of people brainwashed.
I found a better fix. Delete showbox, then go into your download folder and reinstall the apk. It seems your previous version interferes with the update and you just need to delete and reinstall. It fixed my issues with the update
go to settings-applications-click on it- look for show box- clear data.
I cleared cache and data, it improved in that it doesn't crash and it goes to low medium high quality choice, then goes to player as if to start playing but just a black a screen with time thing going round and round. Any other bright ideas?
If the best option is to uninstall showbox and install new version where is the best site to get the apk? Various sites appear to have the apk but I can't tell if they are safe sights of not?
every 2 minutes
any one know why I get a splash jpg on my LG tv every minute when streaming a movie
It now works fine, clearing data and cache is the solution, thanks team.
Found a FIX that worked for me.

1. Go into settings/apps/showbox
2. Clear data
3. Uninstall showbox
4. Install older version of showbox (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1MXDzRQ3zSoY2dveFVBcmg5WTg/)
5. Once installed open
6. Select update when prompted.

This worked for me.
Before i did the above showbox would give me "VIDEO NOT AVAILABLE. TRY ANOTHER SERVER" when i tried to watch tv shows and when i tried opening a movie it would give me a blurred screen of the cover art and then "Unfortunately showbox has stopped working". Anyway i hope this works for you guys.

If it doesn't then I would suggest installing the older version and not updating when prompted.
Check this link it worked for me and i hope it will do wonders for others to
aazee.com/how…tml
Check this link it worked for me and i hope it will do wonders for others to
aazee.com/how…tml

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants