Shower Advice

Hi Peeps

We are having our ensuite re done soon. Currently we have a mixer shower - problem with this is that if someone else uses the tap(s) or washing machine etc when someone is in the shower it gets cold then warm again. Which is doing my nut in!

What kind of shower do we go for?

In the atic we have 2 water tanks (think they are linked together) - a combi boiler and the boiler tank is upstairs.

Advice pls - also best place to source the shower.

Thx

PS : i am not doing the work someone else is but after neutral advice.

15 Comments

We have a thermostatic shower that keeps the same temp even if someone else in the house uses the water. We have a combi boiler but no tank though. Didn't think you needed a tank with a combi???

galareho;8927213

We have a thermostatic shower that keeps the same temp even if someone … We have a thermostatic shower that keeps the same temp even if someone else in the house uses the water. We have a combi boiler but no tank though. Didn't think you needed a tank with a combi???

we have just had same type of shower put in few weeks back - temp stays same even if washing machine/dishwasher on or other taps running. Our tank was taken out of the loft when we got our combi boiler installed

galareho;8927213

We have a thermostatic shower that keeps the same temp even if someone … We have a thermostatic shower that keeps the same temp even if someone else in the house uses the water. We have a combi boiler but no tank though. Didn't think you needed a tank with a combi???

yep you need a thermostatic one

or a electric shower as this generates its own hot water from the cold water supply and wont scald your backside when some one flushes the toilet

Original Poster

thanks Peeps :thumbs :thumbsup:

where is the best place to go for a THERMOSTATIC MIXER SHOWER?

Obviously want a chrome type.

Thanks

go for a Mira shower

DAMNOME;8927898

go for a Mira shower

its a mira I have and was one of the mods who told me about it - hang on and will find the thread - its a fab shower and has me pinned up against the wall sometimes lol

hotukdeals.com/ite…=13

Its a brilliant shower and I got it when was 15% off

Banned

shamus1975;8927816

or a electric shower as this generates its own hot water from the cold … or a electric shower as this generates its own hot water from the cold water supply and wont scald your xxxxxxx when some one flushes the toilet

Tell me he did'nt get suspended for that???

I know england lost but still no need for the mods to take itt out on the mebers on here lol

Edited quote, as a certain mod is itching to ban me FOREVER

Original Poster

thanks for that peeps

my current one is a Mira

what are your thoughts on this one?

diy.com/diy…115

reason i am looking at this is due to the fact that i can control the temp and water pressure............

EDIT - also it does not stick out much

backside? can say that surely, ass is ok so why not. Not his ass just ass in general

Banned

michelleleemoo;8928066

backside? can say that surely, ass is ok so why not. Not his ass just ass … backside? can say that surely, ass is ok so why not. Not his ass just ass in general

perhaps we cant say toilet?

jubbyme;8928079

perhaps we cant say toilet?

if thats the case, si anara jubbyme :prop: and what does jubbyme mean anyway?

Banned

michelleleemoo;8928114

if thats the case, si anara jubbyme :prop: and what does jubbyme mean … if thats the case, si anara jubbyme :prop: and what does jubbyme mean anyway?

bit of my name, the rest gibberish, too old to do macho usernames and avatars

We have a Grohe one with a concealed unit. Had it for approx 9 years now and never once had a problem. Looks like this one: purebathrooms.net/ima…jpg

Banned

lottysdad08;8928047

Tell me he did'nt get suspended for that???I know england lost but still … Tell me he did'nt get suspended for that???I know england lost but still no need for the mods to take itt out on the mebers on here lolEdited quote, as a certain mod is itching to ban me FOREVER

its a bit of a joke is it not and if so why have the others not been banned have we got world cup refs on here as mods it was not over the line :whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764078
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1867
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?45
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846110

See more discussions