Shower bath / ‘P’ Bath

Found 12th Mar
All

I’m looking to replace my bathroom (entire suite).

I like the look of the P shaped bath as it will be used for mainly showers, but I want the option of a bath.

I can only find acrylic ones - do they come in steel?

I known acrylic comes in various thicknesses, but which is best?

Obviously I don’t want to spend thousands, but I also don’t want to get a cheap one which will cost me more in the long run.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I’ve seen some suites in Victoria plumbing for circa £700 but thy don’t detail the thickness of the bath.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I fitted one in mine last year, got it off ebay but cant remember the make.
Why would you want a long and extremely thin bath?
Oh I see, you meant a bath shaped like a letter P
Make sure you get a reinforced bath, different manufacturers use fancy names that all mean the same. Ensure there's is no movement in the bath at all once fitted.
themorgatron3 h, 42 m ago

Make sure you get a reinforced bath, different manufacturers use fancy …Make sure you get a reinforced bath, different manufacturers use fancy names that all mean the same. Ensure there's is no movement in the bath at all once fitted.

Reinforced - do you mean as in a wooden plinth that the bath stands on or something around the acrylic shape of the bath?
ktm6663 h, 6 m ago

Reinforced - do you mean as in a wooden plinth that the bath stands on or …Reinforced - do you mean as in a wooden plinth that the bath stands on or something around the acrylic shape of the bath?

It's normally an extra layer(s) of fibreglass over the usual thin 4mm layer/chipboard base. I've always considered 8mm to be reinforced, but some manufacturers seem to be claiming a 5mm bath now is. Also encapsulated base is usually a giveaway its been reinforced. Off the top of my head the only decent makes I can recall is Carron and Trojan, I'm sure there are a few more. All the online places just rebadge the same baths under their own manufacturers names.

I hate steel baths, they are cold, just as unstable if poorly fitted, and chip far too easily (including a very expensive Kaldewei one I once fitted).
themorgatron2 h, 56 m ago

It's normally an extra layer(s) of fibreglass over the usual thin 4mm …It's normally an extra layer(s) of fibreglass over the usual thin 4mm layer/chipboard base. I've always considered 8mm to be reinforced, but some manufacturers seem to be claiming a 5mm bath now is. Also encapsulated base is usually a giveaway its been reinforced. Off the top of my head the only decent makes I can recall is Carron and Trojan, I'm sure there are a few more. All the online places just rebadge the same baths under their own manufacturers names.I hate steel baths, they are cold, just as unstable if poorly fitted, and chip far too easily (including a very expensive Kaldewei one I once fitted).

Thanks for this, I appreciate your advice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants