Shower going into over temperature

Posted 22nd Apr
Model is Selectronic Redring when you turn it on it cuts off and starts flashing o t (over temperature) I’ve purged it using the flow and cooler button then restarted it and it just does the same thing. Any help would be great.
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
What's the actual flow like, most showers have a mesh filter where the water comes in, and it could be blocked
esar22/04/2020 15:32

What's the actual flow like, most showers have a mesh filter where the …What's the actual flow like, most showers have a mesh filter where the water comes in, and it could be blocked

It seems to be fine I took the shower head off and let it soak overnight in white vinegar
Run it with showerhead off, and see what happens
esar22/04/2020 15:40

Run it with showerhead off, and see what happens

Still cutting off.
There is a manual online with a section on filter cleaning (there's one on the inlet pipe, it involves removing the cover though
manualslib.com/man…=11
Download it and search for "cleaning the filter", full instructions are given
esar22/04/2020 16:34

There is a manual online with a section on filter cleaning (there's one on …There is a manual online with a section on filter cleaning (there's one on the inlet pipe, it involves removing the cover thoughhttps://www.manualslib.com/manual/791611/Redring-Selectronic-Premier.html?page=11Download it and search for "cleaning the filter", full instructions are given

40502539-5teNE.jpg
Think I’m just gonna have to leave it and hope landlord can sort it out soon when all this is over with.
EmmettDocBrown22/04/2020 16:46

[Image] Think I’m just gonna have to leave it and hope landlord can sort i …[Image] Think I’m just gonna have to leave it and hope landlord can sort it out soon when all this is over with.

There's going to be a bit of a smell if you do that lol, give them a call (but don't mention taking shower apart)
One other thing....... Try running it with the hose removed.
Had 2 hoses that had kinks on them that restricted the flow.
Still cuts out. I’ve took the temp lock off and the shower stays on number 1. Put it on 2 and it cuts off.
From what I can tell from the manual, the filter is under the white cover down the right hand side, does the cover come off?
Edited by: "esar" 23rd Apr
esar23/04/2020 15:23

From what I can tell from the manual, the filter is under the white cover …From what I can tell from the manual, the filter is under the white cover down the right hand side, does the cover come off?

Yeah
40513493-K6H4q.jpg
EmmettDocBrown23/04/2020 15:28

Yeah [Image]

If you turn off the water, you can undo both those silver nuts and see if there's a filter in there, use a rag to catch dribbles of water from getting on any electrics
Just asked my better half. Could be either one of these. Flow valve, thermostat or pressure relief valve.
esar23/04/2020 15:35

If you turn off the water, you can undo both those silver nuts and see if …If you turn off the water, you can undo both those silver nuts and see if there's a filter in there, use a rag to catch dribbles of water from getting on any electrics

40513663-POpUv.jpg
That’s the filter I take it?
esar23/04/2020 15:35

If you turn off the water, you can undo both those silver nuts and see if …If you turn off the water, you can undo both those silver nuts and see if there's a filter in there, use a rag to catch dribbles of water from getting on any electrics

40513703-fIw0l.jpg
That’s the filter I take it?
If you Google "shower mesh filter" you can get a replacement, put it all back together now and give it a try, but you may have one of those filters in your sink tap head for now if you feel unsafe without
Still going into over temperature without the filter
Well, you've made a sterling effort to try and sort it yourself, but I think it's time to tell the landlord
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions