Groups

Shower question: Thermostatic mixer or manual mixer

In the process of ordering the stuff to redo our bathroom. Right now we have a thermostatic shower, we have a combined boiler, would a manual mixer work as well as a thermostatic one? Any recommendation for both would be good, thank you

11 Comments

A thermostatic shower valve is the most reliable way to ensure a constant water temperature for your shower. They provide precise control over the mix of hot and cold water which is a good thing.A standard mixer could fluctuate in water temperature say when someone flushes the toilet so you may pay a little more but worth it.Hope this helps.

Thermostatic is a much better idea in my experience, otherwise temperature will fluctuate when someone runs a tap, flushes the loo etc. Could get very hot quickly

Thermo, you can get some real bargains on eBay for these things.

Thermostatic unless you like to scald yourself

I have a combi and have thermostatic in my bathrooms. Probably your best option.

Original Poster

Thanks guys, thermostatic it is then. Saw a few good ones on different sites and on Ebay too at around £160

I have 2 Grohe 1000 thermostatic mixer valve showers working off a combi boiler. They're in use for 16 and 8 years and I can't fault them. I'm in a moderately hard water area too.

Coincidentally I see there is a posting for the same model on offer.

hotukdeals.com/dea…097

Original Poster

fuiseog

I have 2 Grohe 1000 thermostatic mixer valve showers working off a combi … I have 2 Grohe 1000 thermostatic mixer valve showers working off a combi boiler. They're in use for 16 and 8 years and I can't fault them. I'm in a moderately hard water area too.Coincidentally I see there is a posting for the same model on offer.http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/grohe-grohtherm-1000-cosmopolitan-bar-shower-3-4-c-w-kit-chrome-145-50-plumbing-2627097

Thanks, at work right now and the link is blocked. This what i saw on Ebay (I am not bothered about the led lights) we just like the design
    ebay.co.uk/itm…AIT

jeannot18

Thanks guys, thermostatic it is then. Saw a few good ones on different … Thanks guys, thermostatic it is then. Saw a few good ones on different sites and on Ebay too at around £160

No need to spend so much. Mine was £30 and works great

plumbworld.co.uk/bar…000

Original Poster

chocci

No need to spend so much. Mine was £30 and works great … No need to spend so much. Mine was £30 and works great http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/bar-shower-valves-19585-0000

But this is just for the thermostatic, there are not all the bits that comes with it, thanks anyway

jeannot18

But this is just for the thermostatic, there are not all the bits that … But this is just for the thermostatic, there are not all the bits that comes with it, thanks anyway

plumbworld.co.uk/arc…000
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which android box?510
      2. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup34
      3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2229
      4. buy to let mortgage33

See more discussions