Shpock sale

Found 26th Apr 2017
I am selling an electrical item for collection on shpock and the buyer has made an offer which I would like to accept. If I click on the accept offer button, what happens next? Are there fees to pay on shpock? I have sold an item before on shpock, but it was through the questions and answer and I never actually went through the whole offer and acceptance process so do not know the ins and out of the app.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Hi no you don't get charged an always selling and buying on it once you click and accept offer buyer then comfirms
ann2015

Hi no you don't get charged an always selling and buying on it once you … Hi no you don't get charged an always selling and buying on it once you click and accept offer buyer then comfirms

So if I click accept then the buyer confirms. Then how do I and the buyer liaise with regard to coming round to collect? Is it through the questions and answers? The buyer will need to come round to collect and pay cash. What happens if the buyer does not come round?
mutley1

So if I click accept then the buyer confirms. Then how do I and the … So if I click accept then the buyer confirms. Then how do I and the buyer liaise with regard to coming round to collect? Is it through the questions and answers? The buyer will need to come round to collect and pay cash. What happens if the buyer does not come round?

​After he's submitted a private offer and you've accepted you can communicate privately about arranging collection.

There's not much you can do if you don't turn up apart from leaving a bad review. I've had a few agree to buy something and I've given them my details for them not to turn up. Just relisted and sold again.

The thing I don't like about shpock is how some people think you're trying to get rid of eveything for next to nothing!!
Edited by: "germainsophie" 26th Apr 2017
mutley1

So if I click accept then the buyer confirms. Then how do I and the … So if I click accept then the buyer confirms. Then how do I and the buyer liaise with regard to coming round to collect? Is it through the questions and answers? The buyer will need to come round to collect and pay cash. What happens if the buyer does not come round?

It goes to private messaging after you both confirm. Not public Q&A.
You have to relist if the buyer no-shows.
Firefly1

It goes to private messaging after you both confirm. Not public Q&A.You … It goes to private messaging after you both confirm. Not public Q&A.You have to relist if the buyer no-shows.

Thanks. I did not know that Q & A is public, but I should have guessed that X)
I mainly use shpock for selling since fs/ft closed.
Not had many collect in person, most ask to be posted but I agree with germainsophie that some local collections are no-shows. Seems it's the local ones that feel that they are doing you a favour and mess you around.
chuckiedoll

I mainly use shpock for selling since fs/ft closed. Not had many collect … I mainly use shpock for selling since fs/ft closed. Not had many collect in person, most ask to be posted but I agree with germainsophie that some local collections are no-shows. Seems it's the local ones that feel that they are doing you a favour and mess you around.

I used gumtree but a colleague recommended shpock so I thought I would give it a go. It is slower than gumtree but still good. Really, I should put the advert on both but I don't always have the enthusiasm to do this.
I agree with germainsophie with buyers on shpock wanting items for nothing, I had a couple of items (next baby clothes in very good condition) advertised for 50p-£1 and someone offered me 25p...I would have thought 50p was cheap enough! I wouldn't dare make an offer like that if something is so cheap anyway.
pink_elephant

I agree with germainsophie with buyers on shpock wanting items for … I agree with germainsophie with buyers on shpock wanting items for nothing, I had a couple of items (next baby clothes in very good condition) advertised for 50p-£1 and someone offered me 25p...I would have thought 50p was cheap enough! I wouldn't dare make an offer like that if something is so cheap anyway.

I was advised by my colleague that I should never put the price I want as buyers will only buy if they thought they got a reduction in price. I therefore inflate the price above what I want and true to form the bids tend to be very low.

People from gumtree are less likely to bid or if they do, then they aren't as ridiculous as the bids from shpock.
pink_elephant

I agree with germainsophie with buyers on shpock wanting items for … I agree with germainsophie with buyers on shpock wanting items for nothing, I had a couple of items (next baby clothes in very good condition) advertised for 50p-£1 and someone offered me 25p...I would have thought 50p was cheap enough! I wouldn't dare make an offer like that if something is so cheap anyway.

​Some people are ridiculous and think they're doing you a favour by wanting to buy your item!! I was selling a few brand new things that I'd never got round to opening so price was slightly less than what I paid. However the comments I got were very arrogant. "Good luck selling it at that price" "Brand new is only a bit more" etc. Don't understand why they don't just go and buy brand new then?!! (Rant over!)

I was going to list a lot of kids clothes on there but have decided not to.

I have sold on there and some people are very good and negotiate a little and complete the transaction properly, but a lot of them try to bully you if you say no to them.
yea click on agree.
the buyer doesn't have to turn up so that's the downside
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants