Found 21st Dec 2016
I bought from a Shpock seller and transferred funds via BACS however seller did not send the item and now does not answer my calls. I have reported to police but not counting on them doing anything. I have sellers bank details and address. Any advice on next steps?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

your next step is to realise you've **** up and move on. nothing you can do really

Unfortunately not a lot you can do. Learn a lesson, hopefully it wasn;t too much money? In future ONLY use Paypal and pay via the appropriate method (i.e. NOT friends and family).

And, ideally ONLY do cash on collection.

Yup, basically gonna have to write it off as a learning lesson. Talk to your bank to see if they can reverse it but unlikely.

I'll take a guess it was either Pandora, GHD, Go Pro or a gaming wheel. Loads of fake accounts flogging them for less than half their value, and even after being warned everything is sold. People are idiots...

I think most of you are all wrong.

I am in the same situation right now, but I did this via ebay. I purchased an item and paid via BACS. The sellers account was apparently hacked but I was informed after making a payment. Ebay have stated they cannot do anything as I did this 'off' ebay.

So, I contacted my bank and told them the situation. You tell them you bought something and paid. You have not received the item nor do you know the person and you do not know if they have received the funds are the are holding your money illegally.

You ask them to file a missing payment claim. They will send you a letter which you need to take to your bank. They will then try and recover the funds but it will take 20 days. You will get all your money returned provided they account holder has money in their account. They need the permission from the ac holder to release the funds as the bank will have hold of this.

You will not know the outcome until you do this.

If this fails, you then go to the small claims court and make a claim. It is easier for you as you have their address. It will come at a cost, but if the cost is less than what you have paid for, then why not. When the seller receives a letter I believe this will make him s^it himself as he would not want a CCJ and you have all the evidence.

Original Poster

punji

I think most of you are all wrong.I am in the same situation right now, … I think most of you are all wrong.I am in the same situation right now, but I did this via ebay. I purchased an item and paid via BACS. The sellers account was apparently hacked but I was informed after making a payment. Ebay have stated they cannot do anything as I did this 'off' ebay. So, I contacted my bank and told them the situation. You tell them you bought something and paid. You have not received the item nor do you know the person and you do not know if they have received the funds are the are holding your money illegally.You ask them to file a missing payment claim. They will send you a letter which you need to take to your bank. They will then try and recover the funds but it will take 20 days. You will get all your money returned provided they account holder has money in their account. They need the permission from the ac holder to release the funds as the bank will have hold of this. You will not know the outcome until you do this. If this fails, you then go to the small claims court and make a claim. It is easier for you as you have their address. It will come at a cost, but if the cost is less than what you have paid for, then why not. When the seller receives a letter I believe this will make him s^it himself as he would not want a CCJ and you have all the evidence.

​Your wrong Mike it was for an industrial fan, used model but seller couldn't be bothered to send it which winds me up.

Original Poster

dimuc

​Your wrong Mike it was for an industrial fan, used model but seller c … ​Your wrong Mike it was for an industrial fan, used model but seller couldn't be bothered to send it which winds me up.

​good advice I will contact my bank. I do accept Mike's point it's not worth buying the fancy toys as the dodgy sellers are one step ahead.

Aaron37

your next step is to realise you've **** up and move on. nothing you can … your next step is to realise you've **** up and move on. nothing you can do really

100%
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.34
    2. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit510
    3. A dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G56
    4. Whey protien411

See more discussions