Groups

Shrinking loads of photos at once

Does anyone know of a program that will allow me to shrink about 200 photos at once?

Its so i can show them on bebo, there to big at the moment and need brought down to say 2 mp

thanks

38 Comments

Naughty photos of your man bits Saxo?! They're not allowed on bebo! :giggle:

How about ]this?

Original Poster

sadiebabes

Naughty photos of your man bits Saxo?! They're not allowed on bebo! … Naughty photos of your man bits Saxo?! They're not allowed on bebo! :giggle:

hehehe :whistling:

Original Poster

Doesnt work Saddie
    just comes up "an error occoured while trying to install..."

iv got Vista business, thats maybe why it isnt working

saxo_appeal

Doesnt work Saddie just comes up "an error occoured while trying to … Doesnt work Saddie just comes up "an error occoured while trying to install..."iv got Vista business, thats maybe why it isnt working

I used Irfanview

Original Poster

any links add-man?

Banned

saxo_appeal

any links add-man?

Google is your friend!

irfanview.com/

Original Poster

Nice one, ill have a play about

thanks to all, much appreciated

dcx_badass

Get … Get this:http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exeImage ResizerThis PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.Just select all, right click a pic and do resize, then let it do it!

Thats what I use (and was going to recommend), but it looks like its Xp only..... :?

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Get … Get this:http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exeImage ResizerThis PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.Just select all, right click a pic and do resize, then let it do it!

that requires windows Xp, just tried to run it on Vista and it didnt work:?

does vista not have a "run in xp mode" ?

Original Poster

never heard of that before ^^

Original Poster

guv

Google is your friend!http://www.irfanview.com/

ok iv got that up and running but can someone please tell me how to get all my photos from my directory loaded up into that program then shrink them all at the same time :thumbsup:

for irfanview go

File>Batch conversion/rename>set advanced options

you then add all the photos using the input files box

Original Poster

eeeeeek i dont know if its working but its going thru each one!

Original Poster

phoenix123

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-compatibility-mode/

good site phoenix

Original Poster

ok once it has done it says

copy to clipboard which does nothing when i click it or Exit which just takes me back to the black Irfaview screen

?????

click exit then look where its saved the photos and it will have resized the photos

Original Poster

thats what i was looking for add-man but i just couldnt find where they were?

it also came up 71 warnings, wonder what that means

i just tried a test run and on mine.
    It made a new folder on my desktop

Original Poster

what would the setting in advanced be 640 by 480 ?

yes it was saved in c:>temp

im assuming its where it says "set new size" then "set both sides to" and put width as 480 and height as 640

Original Poster

thats it, ill try that setting

rep will be added for all the help folks

thanks

Original Poster

all repped and thanks

Have you managed to get it working? As long as you set it to maintain aspect ratio and choose one side's size you should be good to go. Keep an eye on the dialogue as it does the task, there shouldn't be any warnings.

John

Original Poster

all of the long photos are ok, its just the ones that are long from horizontal that are kind of distorted lol

i cant win

What's your bebo Saxo... Just so I can check out how well that photo software worked of course... :-D

Original Poster

whats yours?

If you've got MS Office Picture Manager loaded you can resize all your photos in one go with that. (select 'View', then 'thumbnails', highlight all the thumbnails & then select 'picture' then 'resize'):thumbsup:

saxo_appeal

whats yours?

You've already seen hunners of my pics on faceparty, I wanna see yours!

Banned

This will sort it for you, saw it on tv the other day and it did the trick then

img.timeinc.net/pop…jpg

I think he's sorted now, aren't you Saxo?

dcx_badass

Thanks for posting this dcx_badass, just what I needed. Rep left

Original Poster

Yeh sorted now altho some photos were distorted lol

all up on Bebo now

Banned

saxo_appeal

Yeh sorted now altho some photos were distorted lolall up on Bebo now

Distorted? Did you set it to keep the same ratio?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions