Sick, scary and sexual YouTube clips being faked as popular kids cartoon clips

Found 29th Mar 2017
A BBC investigation has uncovered some disturbing "fake" episodes of kids favourite Peppa Pig appearing on Youtube. Hundreds of videos on the popular video sharing site look like they are proper edisodes but when kids start watching, it is obvious they are not genuine and they turn horrific and nasty. One of the episodes shows Peppa going to the dentist but then things take a sinister turn with needles appearing and all her teeth get pulled out and you can hear horrific crying too.
Another Youtube channel by the name of Smile Kids TV shows includes a fake of Disney's Doc McStuffins called "Doc McStuffins drink, sex, medicine full episode which shows the Doc being injected, covered in blood and throwing stones at other characters.
Youtube has removed a lot of the offending videos but there are certain channels to stay clear of these are -

TOYS 4 FUN!
LORD BAD BABY
SMILE KIDS TV
TOYS AND FUNNY KIDS SUPRISE EGGS
SUPERHERO-SPIDERMAN-FROZEN

These are full of adult content but aimed and made to look like they are for kids.

To keep your kids safe, you can download the Youtube kids app from Google Play or the App store and only let them access Youtube on their devices. Through Youtube kids, you can customise the settings and set a pin so only you can access them. You can choose the content and age rating that they view and flag anything that you feel is innappropriate for kids too. Categories include pre-school, school age or kids. You can also turn off the search facility which prevents them from searching for other videos as well.

http://i2.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/article12811002.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Screenshot_20170328-173656.png

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2017/03/27/distressing-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqG6uvMzRsA2gL76S9bNdwvsrV0WVJrj1WfYxHkAXyqW4.png
Community Updates
23 Comments
It has always been the same, you should never give your child unsupervised access to the internet.
Mandz27

It has always been the same, you should never give your child … It has always been the same, you should never give your child unsupervised access to the internet.

This, this and this.

What I'd suggest is that people use something like Netflix for Kids where you know episodes are genuine.
I agree, Internet access should always be supervised for children. my child has a tablet that I've heavily edited, I've disabled all social media ,chat , you tube, Internet Explorer and email . she has you tube kids, BBC kids , child safe browser plus apps that I have checked are appropriate for her and can be played offline to avoid ads and pop ups. Everything else is password protected , she is also limited to 2hrs max per day.
Just don't let your kids use the internet, they don't even need to use the internet. What ever happened to going outside.
deleted57959

Ive been complaining to Youtube for years about its pretty much non … Ive been complaining to Youtube for years about its pretty much non existant parental controls..With a young boy who is autistic he loves you tube, everything from Spongebob videos to jumpscare lets plays.. Problem is.. a majority of that is fine for him, but then you get the idiots who like to dub over Spongebob videos with absolutely vile language that would make a full grown man cringe, I have no option to block an individual poster or video, only a genre of videos which doesnt work.Then you get the Let's Play guys who clearly are aware there democratic is young kids through to teens, yet feel that they must swear so much that 50% plus of the language used is the F word.Now we get the Youtubers that are so popular they feel they can do what they want in the name of Freedom of humor, that they genuinely believe anything can be funny and taking offense is the person who is taking offenses problem.. Morons like Pewdiepie and Johntron come to mind who have most recently been in the news.. They shoudl though be prepared to face the consequences of 'pushing boundaries' jokes about 'Jews Must Die" and statements that all rich black people commit more crimes than poor white people are gogin to attract attention, so dont cry afterwards, otherwise your a hypocrite.Now I am all for an open internet and not censoring it, let them do what they want but....Allow me to be responsible parent and control what my child see's I can even cope with some swearing and violence as long as its in context (this is key) as I feel censoring kids from everything can be a worse solution, as it wouldnt help them develop into a rounded adult.. but give me the choice to do it..No two children are the same, so its up to a parent to decide what is OK, and its no good judging other parents based on your own sensibilities as you do not know their kids. My children are very rounded and able to understand the context of many things.. I have no qualms with letting my elder boys play GTA, or watch something like Sausage Party (sex is not an issue in our house, its discussed openly from my 12 year old to my 18 year old daughter Myself and mrs feel its 100% best to be completely open about it, it is a natural progression of life and curiosity can lead down the wrong paths. ) , because I know they can understand the humor, and see it in the context it shoudl be, i cant say the same for my nephew who totally would not be able to understand those things and as such his parents would prob be outraged at the fact I am so open with my boys about these things.

Sausage party is just wrong X) X)
deleted57959

Ive been complaining to Youtube for years about its pretty much non … Ive been complaining to Youtube for years about its pretty much non existant parental controls..With a young boy who is autistic he loves you tube, everything from Spongebob videos to jumpscare lets plays.. Problem is.. a majority of that is fine for him, but then you get the idiots who like to dub over Spongebob videos with absolutely vile language that would make a full grown man cringe, I have no option to block an individual poster or video, only a genre of videos which doesnt work.Then you get the Let's Play guys who clearly are aware there democratic is young kids through to teens, yet feel that they must swear so much that 50% plus of the language used is the F word.Now we get the Youtubers that are so popular they feel they can do what they want in the name of Freedom of humor, that they genuinely believe anything can be funny and taking offense is the person who is taking offenses problem.. Morons like Pewdiepie and Johntron come to mind who have most recently been in the news.. They shoudl though be prepared to face the consequences of 'pushing boundaries' jokes about 'Jews Must Die" and statements that all rich black people commit more crimes than poor white people are gogin to attract attention, so dont cry afterwards, otherwise your a hypocrite.Now I am all for an open internet and not censoring it, let them do what they want but....Allow me to be responsible parent and control what my child see's I can even cope with some swearing and violence as long as its in context (this is key) as I feel censoring kids from everything can be a worse solution, as it wouldnt help them develop into a rounded adult.. but give me the choice to do it..No two children are the same, so its up to a parent to decide what is OK, and its no good judging other parents based on your own sensibilities as you do not know their kids. My children are very rounded and able to understand the context of many things.. I have no qualms with letting my elder boys play GTA, or watch something like Sausage Party (sex is not an issue in our house, its discussed openly from my 12 year old to my 18 year old daughter Myself and mrs feel its 100% best to be completely open about it, it is a natural progression of life and curiosity can lead down the wrong paths. ) , because I know they can understand the humor, and see it in the context it shoudl be, i cant say the same for my nephew who totally would not be able to understand those things and as such his parents would prob be outraged at the fact I am so open with my boys about these things.

There's a small cross in the corner of the window. Click it.

deleted57959

No my kids my rules HEAWD, I do not live by your standards.. and nothing … No my kids my rules HEAWD, I do not live by your standards.. and nothing you can do about it..

Oh Hari....so many things I could say. X)

All I will say is that kids need monitoring and Youtube can't be expected to assess each and every video that's uploaded.

Ultimately, parents are there to parent. The TV is not a babysitter, the iPad is not a nanny and kids aren't adults.
I've heard that the Youtube kids app does not filter a lot of inappropriate content out, like those weird Spider-man and Elza videos.
deleted57959

You are the last person I would take parenting advice from.. letting my … You are the last person I would take parenting advice from.. letting my kids live life might not be your way but it is mine, My children are very successful and they aren't even adults yet, I must be doing something right.The TV and iPads are sensory, education tools that if used effectively can open minds and create well developed adults.. being scared of technology and not being able to trust your kids to use that tech in a safe way.. I wonder who has the issue?

Wow Hari, going in hard there. X)

You and I are very different people, with very different life experiences, expectations, standards etc. I think parents should monitor what their kids are doing, you take a more laissez-faire approach in the hopes they find their own way.

Maybe that's the way you were raised. Maybe you want your kids to be your friends rather than respect you as an authority figure and that's up to you.

We can only do our best based on the lessons we were taught by our parents and hope our kids have similar successes.
loumar76

I agree, Internet access should always be supervised for children. my … I agree, Internet access should always be supervised for children. my child has a tablet that I've heavily edited, I've disabled all social media ,chat , you tube, Internet Explorer and email . she has you tube kids, BBC kids , child safe browser plus apps that I have checked are appropriate for her and can be played offline to avoid ads and pop ups. Everything else is password protected , she is also limited to 2hrs max per day.

Just showing some love and respect to a great parent. I know there's more like you but it seems there are far more that are not

So just to show that some of us care that you care please accept this message as my gratitude
philphil61

Just showing some love and respect to a great parent. I know there's … Just showing some love and respect to a great parent. I know there's more like you but it seems there are far more that are notSo just to show that some of us care that you care please accept this message as my gratitude

Are you on manoeuvres, phil'?
deleted57959

I have been complaining to Youtube for years about its pretty much non … I have been complaining to Youtube for years about its pretty much non existent parental controls..With a young boy who is autistic he loves Youtube, everything from Spongebob videos to jump-scare lets plays.. Problem is.. a majority of that is fine for him, but then you get the idiots who like to dub over Spongebob videos with absolutely vile language that would make a full grown man cringe, I have no option to block an individual poster or video, only a genre of videos which doesn't work.Then you get the Let's Play guys who clearly are aware there democratic is young kids through to teens, yet feel that they must swear so much that 50% plus of the language used is the F word. because they cannot attract an audience based on actual talent.Now we get the You-tubers that are so popular they feel they can do what they want in the name of Freedom of humour, that they genuinely believe anything can be funny and taking offence is the person who is taking offence(s) problem.. Morons like Pewdiepie and Johntron come to mind who have most recently been in the news.They should though be prepared to face the consequences of 'pushing boundaries' jokes about 'Jews Must Die" and statements that all rich black people commit more crimes than poor white people are going to attract attention, so don't cry afterwards, otherwise your a hypocrite.Now I am all for an open internet and not censoring it, let them do what they want but....Allow me to be responsible parent and control what my child see's I can even cope with some swearing and violence as long as its in context (this is key) as I feel censoring kids from everything can be a worse solution, as it wouldn't help them develop into a rounded adult.. but give me the choice to do it..No two children are the same, so its up to a parent to decide what is OK, and its no good judging other parents based on your own sensibilities as you do not know their kids. My children are very rounded and able to understand the context of many things.. I have no qualms with letting my elder boys play GTA, or watch something like Sausage Party (sex is not an issue in our house, its discussed openly from my 12 year old to my 18 year old daughter Myself and mrs feel its 100% best to be completely open about it, it is a natural progression of life and curiosity can lead down the wrong paths. ) , because I know they can understand the humour, and see it in the context it shoudl be, i cant say the same for my nephew who totally would not be able to understand those things and as such his parents would prob be outraged at the fact I am so open with my boys about these things.slightly related is the best thing the BBFC did was add a 12A option at the Cinema, If only they could add a 15A .. some parents really do raise kids to correctly, banning or censorship isn't always the best way though.

youtube is now a 17+ app on ITunes, which I think is there way of getting round the controls parents have been asking for, however I don't think it goes far enough but many parents will give in and allow their kids access in in the belief that they are just watching cat videos or cartoons but the worry outside of official channels you don't know what starts out as a cartoon may not be a full cartoon and have something totally inappropriate which this shows sadly happens far to often. I bet there are plenty of parents who start a cartoon for their child and didn't expect it to change to something like this.
TV has certainly changed a lot from the very early 60's when I used to watch Watch With Mother when I was nothing but a youngster, but auntie Beeb made sure that it was suitable for me and all my age group to watch, and I still enjoy watching Trumpton etc even now, memories!
I think they have introduced you tube kids!
wallzone

TV has certainly changed a lot from the very early 60's when I used to … TV has certainly changed a lot from the very early 60's when I used to watch Watch With Mother when I was nothing but a youngster, but auntie Beeb made sure that it was suitable for me and all my age group to watch, and I still enjoy watching Trumpton etc even now, memories!

Yes the BBC protected the innocent until you became a teenager and appeared on Jim'll Fit It

Trumpton
Camblewick Green
Andy Pandy (oh wait is that now offensive to SJW's?)
deleted57959

I Contemplated letting them watch it for ages, I was fine with the … I Contemplated letting them watch it for ages, I was fine with the swearing it was the ending my 15 year old was fine, but was I going to let my 12 year old boy watch it? I think it was better i let him watch it with me there, as he could of easily found it without me and watched it himself. In fairness though they both agreed at the end the film was terrible. lol.

Yeah my 16 yr old is who I got it for, just glad her little sister didn't ask to watch it as well oO X)
There was a real episode of Pingu where a smaller penguin gets drunk and proceeds to wee everywhere.
Edited by: "u664541" 29th Mar 2017
Shengis

Thread is useless without … Thread is useless without links....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE-xtCF3T94

That's one of the most horrifying videos on YouTube and to think they're luring our children in to watch that ....
Mandz27

That's one of the most horrifying videos on YouTube and to think … That's one of the most horrifying videos on YouTube and to think they're luring our children in to watch that ....

keeping it real, twenty seventeen, aiiiii. X)
Shengis

keeping it real, twenty seventeen, aiiiii. X)

X)
Came across one of these the other day. Sprogs recently started watching Mickie Mouse/Donald Duck etc on YouTube and several of these fake videos started to come up as automatically once previous normal videos had finished.

Was revolting, involved an anatomically correct Minnie Mouse eating butterflies. Plus others involving needles in the **** like in the picture. Must just be some creep making em to freak kids out.

Edited by: "wiggywig" 29th Mar 2017
Caught my daughter ages ago with the Urban Monster High vids.
Any time with youtube the tablet gets casted to the TV so i can hear it now lol.

youtu.be/NuW…dPI
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants