Side loading apks on Phillips 55PUS6401

Found 10th Feb
Hopefully someone here can help. I have kodi on my Phillips 55PUS6401But I'm unable to sideload apps like bt sport and the google store options are pretty limited generally. Any one had any experience of sideloading onto these TVs? Any help appreciate
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
It runs Android TV not mobile Android. Not all apps will work on Android TV including the BT Sport app. You actually do have the full Android Playstore installed but it will only show what is certified to work on Android TV. Take a look around the Nvidia Shield (also runs Android TV - though personally would ignore the game talk since could be doubtful the TV would be powerful enough to run unlike the shield) posting here for tips of what you can and cant do.

hotukdeals.com/dis…013

Worthwhile sideloading the likes of "APKTime" which is a collection of apps you would normally have to side load but it also includes an Android TV Section.Nearly every thing works on my shield (also worked on my previous TV - Sony Android one) from the apk collections in the app (also has adfree versions of the likes of Terrarium TV).
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 10th Feb
I got a shield and it's great but the apps let it down, as not many, how do you side load that app
cecilmcroberts1 h, 56 m ago

It runs Android TV not mobile Android. Not all apps will work on Android …It runs Android TV not mobile Android. Not all apps will work on Android TV including the BT Sport app. You actually do have the full Android Playstore installed but it will only show what is certified to work on Android TV. Take a look around the Nvidia Shield (also runs Android TV - though personally would ignore the game talk since could be doubtful the TV would be powerful enough to run unlike the shield) posting here for tips of what you can and cant do. https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/nvidia-shield-tv-owners-club-2337013Worthwhile sideloading the likes of "APKTime" which is a collection of apps you would normally have to side load but it also includes an Android TV Section.Nearly every thing works on my shield (also worked on my previous TV - Sony Android one) from the apk collections in the app (also has adfree versions of the likes of Terrarium TV).

I had zero issue side loading any APK of my choice to the TV. But with the latest update there seems to be a bug where side loading is locked.

I can't seem to load the Philips forums atm. But there was a few threads about it a 2 weeks ago when I had the same issue.

33236593-AU44V.jpg
Hopefully it's just a bug and it'll be fixed. Would be disappointed if this got locked.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants