'Sign in with Google' is there a danger that analytics are being sold on

Found 21st Mar
With the Cambridge Analytica issue, is there a similar risk if you sign in with Google on websites - is there a way to delete the data - like you can with Facebook?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Depends on how you classify 'danger'.

Anyway, the short answer is Yes. And Google know oodles more than Cambridge Analytica. Google's been doing it since the 90s. Cambridge Analytica was founded in 2013 and are amateurs compared to Google.
ccnp18 m ago

Depends on how you classify 'danger'.Anyway, the short answer is Yes. And …Depends on how you classify 'danger'.Anyway, the short answer is Yes. And Google know oodles more than Cambridge Analytica. Google's been doing it since the 90s. Cambridge Analytica was founded in 2013 and are amateurs compared to Google.

Do you do anything to good their data or delete it?
All compaines do. how do you think they get your data. The government are the worst ones selling your data to all the parking firms.
I can't see anything in the terms and conditions for website developers:
developers.google.com/terms/

If google were going to track more than the URLs their authentication was used from I'd expect then to require developers to tell users.
Tbh I couldnt give a monkeys.
It depends on what your view on things is. You just get targeted ads and all that crap.

Handy things about public collected data are rhings like real time traffic, busy times in shops, or waiting times / delays.
You can always use ghostery as an add-on with Firefox. You can block analytics with this
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions