Posted 26 November 2020

Sign up for Auto Redeem to get £5 Xbox Gift Cards for 5,500 Microsoft Rewards points

£5 Xbox Gift Cards for 5,500 Microsoft Rewards points (usually 5,850 MS points).

For people who have previously saved up their Microsoft Rewards points and then spent them on Xbox Gift Cards when they were on offer: -

microsoft.com/en-…eem

"Microsoft Rewards will no longer discount any Xbox Gift Cards with ‘Hot Deals’."

It doesn't say if Microsoft Reward Store 'Hot Deals' are no more so we don't know if Microsoft Gift Cards (or anything else for that matter) will ever be on offer again.

From the "Frequently Asked Questions" section: -
How do I know I’m getting a good deal with Auto Redeem?
By setting up Auto Redeem, you will receive the best price available for £5 Xbox Gift Cards. Microsoft Rewards will no longer discount any Xbox Gift Cards with ‘Hot Deals’.

Open the Rewards app on your Xbox One, choose your Auto Redeem reward, and sign up.

Get your discounted reward automatically
Every month, your points will be deducted and you’ll receive your reward automatically.

Read the "Frequently Asked Questions" for more details.
Community Updates
New Comment

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Don’t do this.... the gift cards expire and you can stack the points and get better things. Aka 1tb seagate expansion or the next console in 5-7 years depending how hardcore you go. Been doing this 4 months to 5 months and already at £65 I can redeem....
    It’s great and cheaper (points wise) but you only get 90days to spend the fiver so you’ll never be able to buy anything decent this way.

I’ve got 175k but not sure what to use the money for lol
    Where is a deal? That was for months. (edited)
    oggy.126/11/2020 13:57

It’s great and cheaper (points wise) but you only get 90days to spend the f …It’s great and cheaper (points wise) but you only get 90days to spend the fiver so you’ll never be able to buy anything decent this way. I’ve got 175k but not sure what to use the money for lol

Be careful I had 120k points and when I tried to redeem I got banned and lost all the points. I asked why and eventually was told I'd used a VPN! I've never bought or used a VPN other than when working from home on my works laptop to connect to our network!
    shariain26/11/2020 15:11

That's some serious point making how is it done. I manage about 100 a day …That's some serious point making how is it done. I manage about 100 a day by doing the quests and stuff on the rewards website.

You can get about 8000 a month if you do the daily searches and daily sets on the rewards page plus most of the Xbox quests. 1 monthly quests is 1k just got to be on it and do the daily/weekly tasks.
    Author
    My main reason for posting this was to let people know Microsoft have stated "Microsoft Rewards will no longer discount any Xbox Gift Cards with ‘Hot Deals’."

Previously I saved up my MS points and only redeemed when they had a 'Hot Deal' on Xbox or Microsoft Gift Cards. It would be good to know if 'Hot Deals' will still happen for other redeemable rewards.
    outattime26/11/2020 14:04

Any advsie on racking up points quickly ?

Just do the daily rewards. Do GPU rewards if you have them. Also if you buy things that are in the rewards section. Remember to redeem them. EG. The black ops Cold War trick, getting the fame for £5. I got 6,000 reward points which actually made the game free for me depending on how you look at it.
    I've just bought the new blue controller from the microsoft store for £45 worth of points. I've got 200,000 points left. My wife has 75,000 and my daughter has 47,000.

I was saving for an xbox series x but I will wait until next year before I get one. I am planning on using the points to get John Lewis vouchers.
    MBOX400026/11/2020 16:42

Did anyone who managed to buy an Xbox Series X or S directly from the …Did anyone who managed to buy an Xbox Series X or S directly from the Microsoft Store get any Microsoft Rewards points for doing so? I don't think I got any points and it's not easy to check is it?

Loads of people have/did (I got introduced way to late but currently since May time been doing them (not super hardcore but 45 seconds everyday click click) and at £65 already value I can redeem from the store in vouchers if I want too.
    This is pointless. I got the seagate 1TB expansion card for my Xbox series x for £119. £100 off on day 1 thanks to stacking my reward points. I’m already back at 23,000+ points, been less than a month. Don’t enable auto redeem
    italkapple26/11/2020 14:01

This is pointless. I got the seagate 1TB expansion card for my Xbox series …This is pointless. I got the seagate 1TB expansion card for my Xbox series x for £119. £100 off on day 1 thanks to stacking my reward points. I’m already back at 23,000+ points, been less than a month. Don’t enable auto redeem

What kind of things are you guys doing to gain points at such a rapid rate?
    italkapple26/11/2020 14:01

This is pointless. I got the seagate 1TB expansion card for my Xbox series …This is pointless. I got the seagate 1TB expansion card for my Xbox series x for £119. £100 off on day 1 thanks to stacking my reward points. I’m already back at 23,000+ points, been less than a month. Don’t enable auto redeem

Any advsie on racking up points quickly ?
    That's some serious point making how is it done. I manage about 100 a day by doing the quests and stuff on the rewards website.
    steevieboy4u26/11/2020 14:02

Be careful I had 120k points and when I tried to redeem I got banned and …Be careful I had 120k points and when I tried to redeem I got banned and lost all the points. I asked why and eventually was told I'd used a VPN! I've never bought or used a VPN other than when working from home on my works laptop to connect to our network!

I don’t use a vpn so would be ok. Collected most on my phone/Xbox. I do do the daily edge set on my laptop now but before I connect to the vpn for work.
    Says they will no longer discount Xbox cards but nothing about Microsoft cards so they should still be ok to buy. Plus if they don’t reduce them, they’ll still be available if you stack your points but will cost more points.
    42846733-Voknx.jpg
    Author
    Did anyone who managed to buy an Xbox Series X or S directly from the Microsoft Store get any Microsoft Rewards points for doing so? I don't think I got any points and it's not easy to check is it?
    oggy.126/11/2020 13:57

It’s great and cheaper (points wise) but you only get 90days to spend the f …It’s great and cheaper (points wise) but you only get 90days to spend the fiver so you’ll never be able to buy anything decent this way. I’ve got 175k but not sure what to use the money for lol

If you got next gen console then the 1tb seagate drive. If you don’t buy that flip it on eBay for £200 with £1 listing fee and done?
    Author
    bravedwarf27/11/2020 07:56

Loads of people have/did (I got introduced way to late but currently since …Loads of people have/did (I got introduced way to late but currently since May time been doing them (not super hardcore but 45 seconds everyday click click) and at £65 already value I can redeem from the store in vouchers if I want too.

I don't think you understood my question. I was asking if anyone bought an Xbox Series X/S directly from the Microsoft Store and if so did they get MS points for making the purchase? I've previously bought digital games from the MS Store and got MS points rewarded for doing so. The same is supposed to occur for buying hardware. I don't think I got any reward points for buying my console from the MS store.
    steevieboy4u26/11/2020 14:02

Be careful I had 120k points and when I tried to redeem I got banned and …Be careful I had 120k points and when I tried to redeem I got banned and lost all the points. I asked why and eventually was told I'd used a VPN! I've never bought or used a VPN other than when working from home on my works laptop to connect to our network!

I've reddemed using this auto redeem, bit nothing received yet

I've not used a vpn (to my knowledge), but I'm in the same boat with working from home on and off.

When exactly would these "auto redeem funds" be allocated, I'd assume today / by now? (edited)
    shariain26/11/2020 15:11

That's some serious point making how is it done. I manage about 100 a day …That's some serious point making how is it done. I manage about 100 a day by doing the quests and stuff on the rewards website.

you can get about 300 just from searches and if u do all the daily stuff u get about 500-600. so 15k points a month. could only be bothered for about 10 days though lol. But my uncle did it properly and out game pass ultimate ends in 18 months, already had it for the last 18 months. was pretty much free
    MBOX400027/11/2020 12:40

I don't think you understood my question. I was asking if anyone bought an …I don't think you understood my question. I was asking if anyone bought an Xbox Series X/S directly from the Microsoft Store and if so did they get MS points for making the purchase? I've previously bought digital games from the MS Store and got MS points rewarded for doing so. The same is supposed to occur for buying hardware. I don't think I got any reward points for buying my console from the MS store.

Exact same here, got a Series S from the Microsoft store on day one and certainly didn't notice a bump in points.
's avatar