26 replies
Found 15th Sep 2009
Hey - There are MAG beat keys going at the official Playstation site - Link in the next post.

You just need to sign in and click the box to be in with a shout. They are giving them out to the first 16,000 people apparently...............it only opened last night at midnight, so should be a good chance of getting one.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
26 Comments

Original Poster

Linky here:

]http//uk…ta/

Original Poster

Wow - don't all rush at once :w00t:

Seriously though, they seem to have cut the competition/offer short - no longer taking sign ups......

PS. If anybody missed out on an invitation to the M.A.G Beta there is some hope...

"]If You Registered For Euro MAG Beta, You WILL Get A Code"
---
It may very well be the most anticipated beta test of the generation and absolutely everyone wants a taste. We found that during our MAG beta code giveaway, when we received about 750 wallpaper submissions in the span of only 72 hours (all codes are gone, by the way).

But if you're in Europe, it's plenty easy to snag a spot in the testing. If you haven't already received one of the 16,000 codes SCEE was giving away, have no fear: you'll get one, so long as you registered. According to TheSixthAxis, European SOCOM and MAG producer Shijima has confirmed that if you registered to get a code before and haven't seen one yet, it will be on its way very, very soon:

"I can confirm that everyone in all regions who registered but never received their code will be sent one over the course of tomorrow, probably by 2-3pm UK time. Furthermore, in an effort to try and do a Quantum Leap (put right what once went wrong), we will be sending out codes to the remaining 20,000-odd people who registered. So, if you managed to register on the site before the competition closed, I am told that you WILL get your code tomorrow."

Yeah, in this particular case, European gamers certainly aren't getting the short end of the stick. And the more people flood into this beta, the more everyone will become psyched for the final product (and the better Zipper Interactive can test the stability of those servers). We'd like to tell you we could just grab another set of codes for everyone here in the US but hey, at least 100 diligent dudes are in 'cuz of us. That's something.

9/22/2009 9:14:37 PM Ben Dutka
---

BFN,

fp.

Registered to what?

damn - missed it. I was really wanting a go on this too

I registered few weeks back, not received anything yet!

Ciderbob;6373456

I registered few weeks back, not received anything yet!

Hence why I posted the link/text above.

BFN,

fp.

Banned

Still nit heard anything either i did see hodsey has the beta tho

5:38pm... an e-mail has just landed in my in-box with a code for the M.A.G Beta.

(I obviously wasn't in the first 'round of applicants)

Hope you are all lucky later today, or very soon thereafter.

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;6374460

5:38pm... an e-mail has just landed in my in-box with a code for the … 5:38pm... an e-mail has just landed in my in-box with a code for the M.A.G Beta.(I obviously wasn't in the first 'round of applicants)Hope you are all lucky later today, or very soon thereafter.BFN,fp.

Have fun

Banned

just got my mag beta there, 298mb the download
dj_urban psn id

you need to receive updates also 2661.35mb and i wouldnt say its that quick im at 16% 440.85 mb so far

good luck to others if you registered for mag beta and get the code

Original Poster

dj_urban;6374890

just got my mag beta there, 298mb the download dj_urban psn id

I got my code through this evening too, finally :w00t: :thumbsup:

I didn't know anyone else was following this thread tbh.................;-)

The initial download was 298mb, followed by a 33mb update, but now the 2GB game data download has just started!:w00t:

Going to see if I can get it down in time for the midnight to 3am server opening up - not holding out much hope though................

Banned

dancrawley;6375058

I got my code through this evening too, finally :w00t: :thumbsup:I didn't … I got my code through this evening too, finally :w00t: :thumbsup:I didn't know anyone else was following this thread tbh.................;-)The initial download was 298mb, followed by a 33mb update, but now the 2GB game data download has just started!:w00t:Going to see if I can get it down in time for the midnight to 3am server opening up - not holding out much hope though................

lol im halfway done on the game data bit but taking a while lol been almost 3 mins hope i make it before it hits 8pm

Original Poster

dj_urban;6375126

lol im halfway done on the game data bit but taking a while lol been … lol im halfway done on the game data bit but taking a while lol been almost 3 mins hope i make it before it hits 8pm

You must have a fast ISP man - my internet gets choked in the evening, so have left it at 10% complete, and will try and finish it up later (after 11pm, and possibly through the night).

Lord help us if everything becomes download only in the future (as the corporate might of Sony seem to want to see)...........:roll:

I've added you on PSN by the way - hope that's OK

Banned

dancrawley;6375166

You must have a fast ISP man - my internet gets choked in the evening, so … You must have a fast ISP man - my internet gets choked in the evening, so have left it at 10% complete, and will try and finish it up later (after 11pm, and possibly through the night).Lord help us if everything becomes download only in the future (as the corporate might of Sony seem to want to see)...........:roll:I've added you on PSN by the way - hope that's OK

only got a 1gb to go now @ 54%, iv got 50meg bb virgin, i think i seen your psn id come up i cant use the xmb while on this silly page for update getting 1.5-2mb per second i think :thinking:

Original Poster

dj_urban;6375412

only got a 1gb to go now @ 54%, iv got 50meg bb virgin, i think i seen … only got a 1gb to go now @ 54%, iv got 50meg bb virgin, i think i seen your psn id come up i cant use the xmb while on this silly page for update getting 1.5-2mb per second i think :thinking:

Blimey - I think I need to move house, to get some faster broadband (I live out in the sticks) - not sure how the wife and kids are going to take it though ;-)

Banned

dancrawley;6375459

Blimey - I think I need to move house, to get some faster broadband (I … Blimey - I think I need to move house, to get some faster broadband (I live out in the sticks) - not sure how the wife and kids are going to take it though ;-)

looks like its gona be the 11pm game for me lol @ 83% now taking forever just over an hour now

fanpages;6374460

5:38pm... an e-mail has just landed in my in-box with a code for the … 5:38pm... an e-mail has just landed in my in-box with a code for the M.A.G Beta.(I obviously wasn't in the first 'round of applicants)Hope you are all lucky later today, or very soon thereafter.BFN,fp.

dontasciime;6374584

Have fun

Thanks. I tried but...

I typed the code in as detailed in the message and after clicking [Confirm] on the acceptance of the "Use of this item is subject to the Terms of Service and any specific conditions applying to the promotion" dialog box I was presented with the message:

"The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entries."

I checked the code three times, by starting over twice more.

No joy

I placed a comment in the Official EU PlayStation Blog thread, "]Sign Up For The MAG Beta" to report this.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

You using Caps fanpages?

Banned

Just to let everyone know it takes 2hours to download the game data, (updates) 2.5gb

dj_urban;6376456

Just to let everyone know it takes 2hours to download the game data, … Just to let everyone know it takes 2hours to download the game data, (updates) 2.5gb

mine was just under 3gb

dancrawley;6376371

You using Caps fanpages?

If you mean 'does my toy MAG gun take the noisy smelly small discs of explosive compounds' then no... I didn't get that far in the game!

Other than that, yes, the redemption code was in upper case, so I typed it as described.

Some voucher codes include lower case characters, but all the individual characters in my code were upper case.

It was a recognised code because I saw the screen describing the download (file size; number of players; HD-TV resolution etc); it was just at the point of accepting the terms that it failed.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

OK - just checking

You ever think you use too many words fanpages? This internet thing might run out of space eventually you know ;-)

Banned

Servers still not on

dj_urban;6378548

Servers still not on

what about now??

Original Poster

My update is runing at about 100kb/s - it feels like it is taking forever!!!!!!

For some reason this morning, it started back up at 20%, not the 30% it had reached last night :? - no way I am stopping it again, this will just have to run until done........................
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions