signal booster for Tesco Mobile network?

Found 9th Mar 2016
The signal in our area is terrible indoors and Tesco can't do anything about it (used to work fine, something happened last year which caused the loss but they believe we never had good signal... But we did). Customer relations aren't aware of any booster that works on their network as they piggyback off O2, so they've offered to allow us out of contract, however EE is our only other option with coverage and it's way more expensive. So I'm hoping to discover an alternative way to stay with Tesco and get signal at home. Any advice or suggestions much appreciated!
Community Updates
12 Comments
Both EE and Vodafone offer wifi calling, provided your phone is compatible. It requires no extra equipment. Failing that you have no options with Tesco as they don't even offer signal boosters.
Trouble with EE and Three Supervoice is that has to be a compatible handset and bought direct from them as the software on the phone is different to 3rd party sellers like CPW etc.

You could get o2 on contract and use TuGo app or 3 contract or payg with ThreeinTouch.
They are separate apps so messy for messaging as 2 inboxes essentially.
I've got a perfect signal booster for you;

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/networks/life-mobile/sim_only_deals/

(Runs on EE & CHEAP!))

(You will get better coverage, and significantly better data speeds. Tesco Mobile is hobbled by it running on the O2 network)

Edited by: "wenttoabetterplace" 10th Mar 2016
IRONM4N_UK

Trouble with EE and Three Supervoice is that has to be a compatible … Trouble with EE and Three Supervoice is that has to be a compatible handset and bought direct from them as the software on the phone is different to 3rd party sellers like CPW etc.You could get o2 on contract and use TuGo app or 3 contract or payg with ThreeinTouch.They are separate apps so messy for messaging as 2 inboxes essentially.

I use three over wifi and I'm using an unlocked Vodafone phone that's never been in a three shop so not sure where your getting that info from.
I was with Tesco and switched to Three for the same reason.. Great Tarrif but rubbish signal here.
Three is now cheaper and use Tesco who just said bye when I asked to leave, three offer retention deals so now I'm far better off.
Three website claims you need handset from them unless you use Intouch app.
If what you're saying is right I'm off to Three as on o2 for TuGo as I have zero signal here on all networks :-(
Edited by: "IRONM4N_UK" 10th Mar 2016
Original Poster
I've looked at switching to EE but they are so expensive we can't afford two contracts with them
I believe if the signal is bad in your area you can cancel your contract and have the phone unlocked to another network. Have similar at my house O2/Tesco is abysmal but Vodafone is good
Area please? let's start with the facts.
Wouldn't a lot of these problems be solved if the Ofcom regulator insisted that all the mobile networks in the UK allow roaming.
Roaming allows customers' phones to connect to another operator's network if their own service provider is not available in a particular area.
We should all write/email our MPs to pester them into action.
Heard a tech podcast where signal boosters were discussed. They said the current options are very poor and unreliable, The answer is to setup a call divert so that all incoming calls to the mobile will come to a landline or second mobile on a different network that has a signal. Set it up to do so when the mobile has lost a network connection. Won't cost you anything but the diverted call will come off your inclusive minutes. Don't help outgoing calls though.
wenttoabetterplace

I've got a perfect signal booster for … I've got a perfect signal booster for you;http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/networks/life-mobile/sim_only_deals/(Runs on EE & CHEAP!))(You will get better coverage, and significantly better data speeds. Tesco Mobile is hobbled by it running on the O2 network)

Think everyone can use Tesco mobile by using wifi in areas without signal as long as the recipient also has wifi availability. I.e. By going through whatsapp but when away from home in area without. Overage you are completely without any contact at all. Amazing in this day. Thought Tesco would hv realised north wales needs signal desperately
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants