Groups

Signed delivery parcel with no returns address

Hello all

Hope you're well.

I have a question that needs clearing up. I've googled search but not find anything concrete.

What happens if you send a letter with signed delivery but the person doesn't accept the letter and thus not signing it.

So does the person give the letter back to the postman and it returns to the post office it was sent from?

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

9 Comments

Goes to Belfast I believe where the PO will open it and try to find out where to return it. Otherwise will get destroyed.
    Edited by: "OBH6UK" 12th Jul

It goes to Belfast where they will open it to try and find sender, I guess it gets destroyed if they can't find sender

Original Poster

OBH6UK

Goes to Belfast I believe where the PO will open it and try to find out … Goes to Belfast I believe where the PO will open it and try to find out where to return it. Otherwise will get destroyed.

so it doesnt get held at a post office for 20 days waiting if someone will claim it before getting sent to belfast?
    also it gets sent to belfast even if its sent in London?

Original Poster

deanos

It goes to Belfast where they will open it to try and find sender, I … It goes to Belfast where they will open it to try and find sender, I guess it gets destroyed if they can't find sender

goes to belfast straight away? even from london?
    doesnt get held even for a bit before going to belfast?

If you have the receipt and ring Royal Mail I presume you can get it back

Same happened to me a few months ago they opened it to get my address and sent me it back, I also called and they took my details so if they had problems getting my address they could send it back too

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

Same happened to me a few months ago they opened it to get my address and … Same happened to me a few months ago they opened it to get my address and sent me it back, I also called and they took my details so if they had problems getting my address they could send it back too

so the person didnt sign for it? royal mail got it back and opened it straight away and sent it back to you?
    they didnt hold it for a period of time within the post office before opening it etc?

help321

so the person didnt sign for it? royal mail got it back and opened it … so the person didnt sign for it? royal mail got it back and opened it straight away and sent it back to you?they didnt hold it for a period of time within the post office before opening it etc?

It went to belfast and i got it back later the same week

help321

so the person didnt sign for it? royal mail got it back and opened it … so the person didnt sign for it? royal mail got it back and opened it straight away and sent it back to you?they didnt hold it for a period of time within the post office before opening it etc?

If it's been refused there's no point the PO keeping it any longer. They only keep items if they can't delver them for some reason. In this case they have delivered and been told that the addressee doesn't want it, so they'll passed it along the through the system to Belfast right away.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions