Signed TV programs and films

Theres a film I want to record on C4 tonight but I notice its "signed", which means there'll be somebody to the right of the picture providing sign language for the deaf and ruining the film. I've come across this quite a lot during late night broadcasting, and it raises a couple of questions - 1. Is it really necessary to ruin a program with sign language when subtitles can easily be switched on, and 2. Do the progam schedulers think all deaf people are insomniacs? I maybe missing something here, and maybe not all deaf people can read subtitles and are indeed insomniacs. Anyone out there know?

1 Comment

They only put them on signed late if they have already been aired "non signed" - for those reasons I have no problem with it myself and think it's excellent and with regards to the insomniacs they can always Sky + or Video them to watch at another time.

I must admit I do find it distracting trying to watch something that's signed though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763950
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    3. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    4. GOT Leaks again416

See more discussions