Found 8th Oct 2016
Ordered a iPad from Amazon and it should be delivered today, I was wondering whether you have to sign for the item? As reading online you don't the driver just hands it over?

Is that correct?

13 Comments

I've never had to sign for an Amazon parcel and I've been a prime member for at least a couple of years

Some I have, some I haven't. No real consistency really. You can add a note on your Amazon account to leave it in a safe place or with a neighbour but bit risky for valuable items.

Are you thinking it's going to go missing OP X)

sometimes you have to and for some they don't get sign. mostly you might have to sign for this. As the item you purchased is expensive .

It's price dependant. Something like over a five hundred pounds. Mentioned before you check out

deb8z

Are you thinking it's going to go missing OP X)

Sounds like it doesn't it.

High value stuff usually is. They won't leave it in a safe place, or neighbour. Only to someone inside the delivery address because of the value.

Iirc their limit before they do this is £250

Original Poster

Was just curious as everything in the past hasn't required a signature

you will have to for an ipad, its over the price limit.

Never have... Something tells me you know something that amazon refund thing

Last Amazon Prime parcel I was actually sitting outside the house in a car being dropped off by a friend who can talk for England, there was someone in the house for the parcel anyway, but I got out and took the parcel off the driver, signed nothing and got back in the car.

It was only afterwards I thought I could have been anyone and took the parcel without question.

Just received one and didn't have to sign

I found an Amazon parcel left on my door step the other day (Sunday), anyone could have just walked in and taken it.
The funny thing was, there was a parcel safe on the wall the numpties could have put it in.
Edited by: "esar" 9th Oct 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57582
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions