Signing up to an online course to get a student discount card?

Posted 12th Sep 2019
Hi I am interested in getting a student discount card but obviously one of the requirements is to be a student of course, I wondered if there were any online courses I could take like the many available on Groupon to get a card? I see there is totum and unidays for student discounts, I am not sure what one I would register for but could anyone help me in finding the right course in order for me to get a student discount when I next go shopping? Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
You won't be able to get a Unidays without a valid academic email address (.ac.uk) so you'll have to try to go for a Totum card (formerly known as NUS Extra). If you search the discussions on here you'll find some threads that show what the current state of play is.
Go to cards.nusextra.co.uk/
Enter your genuine email address; click "Buy or renew" button.
Improvise your Place of Study as Stagedoor Learning, then "Continue"
Optionally extend course duration to 4 years
Improvise whatever course you like the sound of, then "Continue"
Indicate your preferred validity duration of card (not course duration); minimum validity is one year at £12.
The rest of the application should be straightforward.
There is a £1.50 fee to have the card delivered to your preferred address.
I can get unidays
bobdylan13/09/2019 12:33

Go to cards.nusextra.co.uk/Enter your genuine email address; click "Buy or …Go to cards.nusextra.co.uk/Enter your genuine email address; click "Buy or renew" button.Improvise your Place of Study as Stagedoor Learning, then "Continue"Optionally extend course duration to 4 yearsImprovise whatever course you like the sound of, then "Continue"Indicate your preferred validity duration of card (not course duration); minimum validity is one year at £12.The rest of the application should be straightforward.There is a £1.50 fee to have the card delivered to your preferred address.

That ramble looks kinda familiar hotukdeals.com/com…593 although the PoS is a POS and no longer valid.
AndyRoyd18/09/2019 15:18

That ramble looks kinda familiar …That ramble looks kinda familiar https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/36711593 although the PoS is a POS and no longer valid.

Indeed, I had it saved so pasted it up :-)

What do you mean by this? "although the PoS is a POS and no longer valid."
bobdylan18/09/2019 16:54

Indeed, I had it saved so pasted it up :-)What do you mean by this? …Indeed, I had it saved so pasted it up :-)What do you mean by this? "although the PoS is a POS and no longer valid."

Place of study, most now want a code from there there are a few ways of getting a totum pro card if you google different professional qualifications you might be able to find one that gives a code. If you already have a card and it expires it allows you to automatically get a pro card with no course details.
Edited by: "eslick" 18th Sep 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants