Expired

Silent PSU

Found 21st Mar 2007
Hey can anyone recommend a silent PSU don't realy want to spen anymore than £50

PC is in my bedroom and wanting it so i can leave it on overnight, but would have to be whisper quiet, because it takes me ages to fall asleep otherwise...

now if i get technical questions i'll answer with :?

thanks in advance

1. Ask
  2. PSU
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. PSU
11 Comments

Corsaid or a hiper within that budget. What W is req?

Antec Seasonic + Tagan can be quieter but might go a tenner over budget.

Original Poster

What W is req?

the extra tenner should b ok, do you mean watts... if you do i dunno... just want quietness whats the pro n cons of higher watts

In that case I personally would go with
overclockers.co.uk/sho…111

Extremely quiet + 535 W so pretty good if you intend to upgrade.
Depends exactly how much power your current kit needs though.. and high end graphics cards for example?

Quick description

- 2 x 6 pin PCI-Express VGA Connectors for SLi Compatibility- Intel … - 2 x 6 pin PCI-Express VGA Connectors for SLi Compatibility- Intel approved ATX 2.0 (20/24 pin connectors)- Intel/AMD ATX 1.3 approved- Separate 12V rails: Independent 12V rails supply to MB/CPU - Meet UL 240VA safety requirements offer a safer perating circumstance to users. - S-ATA connectors - Manual and automatic fan speed control : Automatic controlled by thermostat plus rheostat - Extra Power connector - Dual Fan: The best cooling method for PC system, and is strongly suggested by AMD.- Active PFC function: PF value 0.99 under condition of 230VAC/50Hz at full load.- Silence: Acoustic noise is successfully reduced with two fans - FM & FC functions: RPM signal of 8cm exhaust fan is provided

Original Poster

ha no its not high end graphics card its an nvidia gforce 6100 built in.

cheers for the info

Or a slightly cheaper one if you don't need 35 exta W.
overclockers.co.uk/sho…239

Or if you really want quality this is the cheapest on the market AFAIK.. Quiet efficient strong rails + not hugely overpriced. Not done much in way of checking other sites though so kelkoo model you choose before buying.

overclockers.co.uk/sho…at=

Check amazon they have 500w (20db) from £17 to £25 several diffrent types and wattage

tonyd19565

Check amazon they have 500w (20db) from £17 to £25 several diffrent types … Check amazon they have 500w (20db) from £17 to £25 several diffrent types and wattage

They may not be quiet, efficient, have strong rails, come with a guaruntee of equal length or be as reliable as the brand names tbh. Not the best part of a PC to skimp on.

I was looking for exactly the same and was directed to
]avforums.com
Loads of computer bods who are constantly upgrading to high end kit and the whole trading ethos seems very honest too.

I easily found a Antec Tru Blue 480w PSU for £37 and am VERY happy with it - its as silent as can be, glows a cool blue and it only took 2 days to get to me, fully boxed with all bits.

I wouldn't look anywhere else now first for computer stuff!

Original Poster

think seans setup is enough to give me confidence in his advice

I would suggest antec as well
you can hardly hear anything

Only problem was...I was then tempted into buying a beautiful black shiny antec Nine Hundred Ultimate case to put it into...not exactly money saving LOL
Post a comment
@
    Text