Groups
    EXPIRED

Silk Duvet Cover (double) + silk pillow covers

I'm giving some serious thought to getting silk covers, but have never had them before so would appreciate any feeedback on whether they are wortht the money, in terms of comfort and durability.. Had a quick look and saw a set for about £50 (price given from a very poor memory tbc)which seems very affordable for what is generally considered a luxury item.

8 Comments

I know that silk/satin pillowcases are supposed to give you less facial wrinkles!!

dunno anything esle about them tho

and your hair should stay how it was left the night before!

I bought silk pillowcases for my sister a couple of years ago and she loved them. That price seems very good.

Original Poster

Thanks for the comments above, I have read it can prevent itchy skin and night sweats too.

I may have misremembered the price so don't take it as gospel could easily have been £150 knowing my memory.

edit.
    thehouseofsilk.com/pro…ver

£59

any better deals or advice on varying quality of silk welcome.

Original Poster

LadyP;3763373

Maybe have a look … Maybe have a look here...http://www.linenslimited.co.uk/satin-piece-duvet-cover-set-burgundy-single-p-1587.html

forgive my ignorance, but is satin different/a variety of/the same as silk?

not as comfie as u expect makes my toes curl.......every little bit of skin that u didnt know u had thats ruff catches ?????????????? :oops::oops:

JBron;3763455

forgive my ignorance, but is satin different/a variety of/the same as … forgive my ignorance, but is satin different/a variety of/the same as silk?

Its me who's thick, lol, I always thought they were the same........... :oops:

Wikipedia says .............

Satin is a cloth that typically has a glossy surface and a dull back. It is a warp-dominated weaving technique that forms a minimum number of interlacings in a fabric. If a fabric is formed with a satin weave using filament fibers such as silk, nylon, or polyester, the corresponding fabric is termed a "satin". If the yarns used are short-staple yarns such as cotton, the fabric formed is considered a sateen.

:santa::santa:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help please - pc issues717
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private12
      3. Apple watch34
      4. BT sport on sky boxes510

See more discussions