Groups

Silly question....

Okay so I have a Toshiba laptop with HDMI. It has an ATI 3200 card. Can I play high definition videos through my Full HD TV or will my graphics card need to be better?

11 Comments

Banned

Should be ok, only way is to plug the HDMI in and try it

Original Poster

i dont have any 1080p clips atm. Just thought id ask before i try. Thanks for responses.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8058003

Try it?

whatsThePoint;8058004

Play it no prob

ryman1000;8058082

Should be ok, only way is to plug the HDMI in and try it

thanks

Banned

the ati 3200 is certainly capable of full hd through hdmi

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8058291

I know my reply might not have seemed useful but it's hard to say, it … I know my reply might not have seemed useful but it's hard to say, it depends on processor, ram, graphics, how many programs you have running, how many processes, and what software you will use to play it.

oh right, its cool dude. Will try and find a hi def testing clip.

Processor wise its a amd athlon ql65, 3gb ram.

Original Poster

any idea which software i can use?

Original Poster

Thanks it worked, but as you said not as good.

Yes the HD3200 IGP fully supports UVD 1.0 and will decode h.264 and VC-1 HD video using a suitable player like ]Media player classic home cinema

Banned

Karoke

Banned

As mentioned, VLC is nice and lightweight and plays almost anything, easy to use, low memory usage and clean layout , not much I can knock it on
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767259
      2. word association Game73944482
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826370
      4. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214

See more discussions