Groups
    EXPIRED

Silly question alert.

I've just got some new house phones,they come complete with re-chargeable batteries,do i have to charge them up first ?

20 Comments

they'll need charging. but can be charged in the phones.

umm -- let me think, this needs such brains to work out ..... if they dont work the answer is obviously yes! lol

Seriously though, yes you will have to charge them up fully, they may have some charge in them but wont be fully charged.

Are you blonde Deb8z ?

Original Poster

karenhornby;6577714

umm -- let me think, this needs such brains to work out ..... if they … umm -- let me think, this needs such brains to work out ..... if they dont work the answer is obviously yes! lolSeriously though, yes you will have to charge them up fully, they may have some charge in them but wont be fully charged.

That's what i meant,is it advisable to charge them up first or plug and play so to speak:-D

just put the batteries in the fones and put them on the docking stations and they will charge them selves

Dumb ass. :lol:

Where ya been.............i'm out of my sick bed..........where's my emails?? :x

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6577722

Are you blonde Deb8z ?

It's a logical question,how do i know if they need charging up first:w00t:

Original Poster

wickedteen;6577731

just put the batteries in the fones and put them on the docking stations … just put the batteries in the fones and put them on the docking stations and they will charge them selves

Seeeee that's a sensible answer,thank you:-D

Original Poster

Syzable;6577739

Dumb ass. :lol:Where ya been.............i'm out of my sick … Dumb ass. :lol:Where ya been.............i'm out of my sick bed..........where's my emails?? :x

Same place as my birthday card,they don't exist:x

deb8z;6577747

Same place as my birthday card,they don't exist:x

Ooooooooo............. :oops:

Sam gave me a rollicking for that as well. lol

Banned

deb8z;6577741

It's a logical question,how do i know if they need charging up first:w00t:

not working would be a major indicator

good job you were born on the wrong side of pennines:-D

Original Poster

Syzable;6577787

Ooooooooo............. :oops:Sam gave me a rollicking for that as well. … Ooooooooo............. :oops:Sam gave me a rollicking for that as well. lol

Can ya tell i'm slightly miffed with ya:x

Original Poster

casparwhite;6577789

not working would be a major indicatorgood job you were born on the wrong … not working would be a major indicatorgood job you were born on the wrong side of pennines:-D

I've only just opened the box !

deb8z;6577797

Can ya tell i'm slightly miffed with ya:x

I'm getting the feeling you may be. :whistling:

I've been ill though..........heartless woman. :x

Banned

deb8z;6577803

I've only just opened the box !

did you post before opening the box?:p

Original Poster

Shut it you:x

Usually tells you in the instructions that come with the phones how long they need charging for BEFORE use... what I normally do is plug the charging units in, but leave the phone cable disconnected and still use the old phones until the new ones are fully charged... then just plug the phone cable into the new ones and away you go, and can box/dump the old ones at that point.

Sorry to butt into your thread but wondered if anyone can help.
    Ive got a cordless bt home phone but it doesnt work when i pick it up?
    I have been turning the power off at the switch but turn it on when i get in from work.
    When i noticed this happeningi left the switch on but the phones still not working ... unless i hold it down firmly (to the base).
    I presume it's the batteries and have just put some normal AAA's in there at the mo.
    Do you reckon it's safe/ok to put it in it's base ... effectively on charge (witht he normal batteries in place)?
    Cheers

magough;6582844

Sorry to butt into your thread but wondered if anyone can help.Ive got a … Sorry to butt into your thread but wondered if anyone can help.Ive got a cordless bt home phone but it doesnt work when i pick it up?I have been turning the power off at the switch but turn it on when i get in from work.When i noticed this happeningi left the switch on but the phones still not working ... unless i hold it down firmly (to the base).I presume it's the batteries and have just put some normal AAA's in there at the mo.Do you reckon it's safe/ok to put it in it's base ... effectively on charge (witht he normal batteries in place)?Cheers

is this another blonde question, do you have house insurance, cos them normal batteries will explode when charged, but you wouldnt know that as you havent read the side of the battery have you...............................

wickedteen

is this another blonde question, do you have house insurance, cos them … is this another blonde question, do you have house insurance, cos them normal batteries will explode when charged, but you wouldnt know that as you havent read the side of the battery have you...............................

It really does happen :P Put a normal duracell on charge with 3 other rechargable ones and it leaked everywhere and it was rather hot! Obviously, we thought it was rechargable like the others though!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29313800
      2. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…22
      3. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2526
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)59476

See more discussions